Sign in to follow this  
Lemming

Nom Con 2015

Location of Nom Con 2015  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Should we keep it at Fanime?

• Yes
    • No

We've been doing get togethers at Fanime for the past couple years.  Since anime isn't everyone's cup of tea, would another convention be better suited for NomCon? 

If so, it should be something that's easy to get tickets to, so PAX Prime or Comic Con is out of the question.

I have no opinion one way or another, I haven't been going for the convention and that's not going to change. I wouldn't mind trying somewhere else, but I wonder if it would be as nice, and we have Fanime down to a science. The area around Clockwork Alchemy is just a lot of fun, we know all the good food is, and the hotel is pretty kick ass.

I dunno, we never really explore the con proper. It's mainly used as a setpiece or an excuse to get together. What the con has to offer is a bit inconsequential in my opinion since much of the experience comes from interaction between us, something that might be detracted from if there were more things (ie booths, exhibitions) that people wanted to go to. Fanime is convenient and like Will said we have it down to a T.

I suppose I'll just sit here in the corner, having fun with my baguettes.

I suppose I'll just sit here in the corner, having fun with my baguettes.

let's form our own convention...which we can't go either because we live too far away...

also next year I already have plans I think so I can't even try to go now...

I have no opinion one way or another, I haven't been going for the convention and that's not going to change. I wouldn't mind trying somewhere else, but I wonder if it would be as nice, and we have Fanime down to a science. The area around Clockwork Alchemy is just a lot of fun, we know all the good food is, and the hotel is pretty kick ass.

I second this