Photo

So I Want to Buy a Digital Art Tablet...

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 RabidServbot

RabidServbot

Big Poster

• Members
  • 413 posts

Posted December 23 2014 - 02:39 AM

but I have no idea what I should be looking for. I just want something that is easy to use, will let me do some drawing, and won't come with a lot of technical problems. Would anyone be able to recommend me something that is in the..$50-$85 range that would be good for a beginner? 

#2 Auradragon

Auradragon

I post a lot!

• Members
  • 1757 posts
  • Soldier, Demoman, Heavy, Medic

Posted December 23 2014 - 05:47 AM

From what I've seen a Wacom Bamboo will probably be your best bet. I've used other Wacom products (Currently I have a 13"HD Cintiq) and they are really good quality. I've seen/known others who get Bamboos as their first tablet and use it for years.

"Live in Fantasy, Vacation in Reality." -Me
Posted Image
Posted Image
Spoiler:
Mad Milk - Name: Bottle of Headlight Fluid | Description: Right next to the Elbow Grease
Minigun - Description: Suck it Blue! Uh, I mean Red. FUCK! You know what I mean!
Gloves of Running Urgently - Name: When you're Russian for Sandvich
Medigun - Name: The Celtic Cleric | Description: Powered by ancient Irish runes and good ol' fashioned Guinness!
Quick Fix - Name: 1.21 Gigawatts!?!
Huslter's Hallmark - Name: Bow Chicka Bow Wow!
Officer's Ushanka - Name: White Russian | Description: The Dude Abides

#3 Dr. Soul

Dr. Soul

ech

• Scrimmer
  • 6921 posts
  • Scout, Pyro, Demoman, Medic

Posted December 23 2014 - 12:02 PM

From what I've seen a Wacom Bamboo will probably be your best bet. I've used other Wacom products (Currently I have a 13"HD Cintiq) and they are really good quality. I've seen/known others who get Bamboos as their first tablet and use it for years.

I agree with aura here. Wacom Bamboo are the most user friendly and durable out of them all. It doesn't have any fancy buttons (only 2 or 3 depending on the model) and they work like a charm. 

My Bamboo Pen is still working even though the pen has suffered a little bit on the buttons and it's almost 5 years old. 

"why am I the only one here not having a cock here?" -Fox McCrits

"Hey did you know that 4000 cats are eaten in China? Wanna pretend I'm asian and let me eat your pussyyyyy?"-Pikachu on LSD 

#4 RabidServbot

RabidServbot

Big Poster

• Members
  • 413 posts

Posted December 23 2014 - 01:31 PM

I agree with aura here. Wacom Bamboo are the most user friendly and durable out of them all. It doesn't have any fancy buttons (only 2 or 3 depending on the model) and they work like a charm. 

My Bamboo Pen is still working even though the pen has suffered a little bit on the buttons and it's almost 5 years old. 

Awesome! Would this tablet here be a good choice? http://www.amazon.co...ds=Wacom Bamboo

I saw a few of them and I wasn't sure which one would be alright.

#5 Auradragon

Auradragon

I post a lot!

• Members
  • 1757 posts
  • Soldier, Demoman, Heavy, Medic

Posted December 23 2014 - 01:39 PM

Yup, that's the one I was thinking about!

"Live in Fantasy, Vacation in Reality." -Me
Posted Image
Posted Image
Spoiler:
Mad Milk - Name: Bottle of Headlight Fluid | Description: Right next to the Elbow Grease
Minigun - Description: Suck it Blue! Uh, I mean Red. FUCK! You know what I mean!
Gloves of Running Urgently - Name: When you're Russian for Sandvich
Medigun - Name: The Celtic Cleric | Description: Powered by ancient Irish runes and good ol' fashioned Guinness!
Quick Fix - Name: 1.21 Gigawatts!?!
Huslter's Hallmark - Name: Bow Chicka Bow Wow!
Officer's Ushanka - Name: White Russian | Description: The Dude Abides

#6 RabidServbot

RabidServbot

Big Poster

• Members
  • 413 posts

Posted December 23 2014 - 02:31 PM

Sweet! I have one last question; I can use this with almost any type of image editing software right?

#7 Cedarbox

Cedarbox

Married to a skeleton. Platonically.

• Members
  • 3965 posts

Posted December 23 2014 - 03:00 PM

You should be able to. Individual programs sometimes have special options and settings you can utilize for things like pressure and using the other end of the pen as an eraser, which is always neat. For things that don't natively support a tablet, you can still use the tablet like it's a mouse. Or so has been my experience, at least.

There once was a kitty named Tomo
As famous on the Internet as Domo
But his face got all shitty
Because he's a bad kitty
And now he's washed up like Rivers Cuomo

#8 RabidServbot

RabidServbot

Big Poster

• Members
  • 413 posts

Posted December 23 2014 - 03:48 PM

Great! Looks like I'll be getting a tablet soon, thanks for the help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users