Sign in to follow this  
DANGER_HIGH_VOLTAGE

Awesome Games Done Quick 2015

W9VGwhX.png

It's time for AGDQ again! From today, January 4th, until January 10th a bunch of speedrunners will be speedrunning games in order to get people to donate to charity! They're raising money for the Prevent Cancer Foundation.

If you donate a certain amount during certain times as shown on the schedule you will be entered into a chance to win cool prizes! You can have your donation be put towards incentives for extra things for the speedrunners to do and to choose between games when there are two games that could take a spot (for example Pokemon Red or Pokemon Blue.) Putting your money towards an incentive is an extra bonus and does not take any of your donation away from the charity so be sure to choose an incentive you like if you donate!

Link to the stream on Twitch.

Link to their website.

Link to the schedule.

Link to the donation page.

Link to a page where you can find lists of prizes, donations, incentives and more.

There is also a Humble Bundle on https://www.humblebundle.com/

The Yetee puts some of the money from certain shirt purchases towards the charity too. http://theyetee.com/agdq

started watching again, I really love the event. 

I still need to check the schedule. 

Anyone know anything that I should be looking forward to?

TASbot was great, but the commentary for Battleblock Theater is just amazing.

This has been going on for two hours now and has like 40 minutes to go, and it has not stopped being funny.

TASbot was great, but the commentary for Battleblock Theater is just amazing.

This has been going on for two hours now and has like 40 minutes to go, and it has not stopped being funny.

the developers seriously know how to entertain. 

I love every time they call the runners cheaters. 

Gonna say it now, Battleblock Theater was most likely my highlight of the marathon. That was way too funny. I can't wait to rewatch that VOD

I barely caught the end of Sandopolis when I started the stream.

The clipping was real.

man, mischief makers. I used to have the game and I never finished it because I didn't really understand much (didn't know much english so the plot was really confusing for me). I did get to the third world though.

Mischief Makers is one of my favorite games, but the plot is basically nonsense.

Also I forgot to mention this but the I Wanna Be the Boshy run was pretty funny too. It was on in the middle of the day though, I don't know how many people saw it.

This year's awful games done quick block has been pretty entertaining between Big Rigs, Pocket Monster II, and Town with No Name. Aaaand Sneak King. Aaaaaaaaaaaaand Super Pitfall.

EDIT: Holy guacamole the Ninja Gaiden 1-3 race finished less than 2 seconds apart! With them being literally neck-and-neck at some points!

oh yeah Yoshi accordion and done well. cant wait to see the mgr run. this is the first of these I have seen more than one run out of I have to say its neat what kind of tricks some games have in them intentional or not.