Early warning for today's update.
Are you great at making fun, addictive TF2 maps? Do you have no idea how to make a map, but you like playing on them? Are you only vaguely aware of what maps are and prefer to just walk in a single direction until you find what you're looking for? Introducing the Maps Workshop Beta, a place for all three of you to upload, enjoy or just learn about the existence of maps!
The Maps Workshop Beta is an in-development one-stop hub where mapmakers can instantly upload and get feedback on their maps. Simply head over to the in-game Workshop tool and click on the new Maps button. If you're just in the market to play new maps, you can now browse the Maps Workshop and up-vote and subscribe to maps you like—or just connect to a server running a Workshop map and it will download automatically from the Workshop.
And remember, this is a Beta that we'll be working to improve. The TF2 team is incredibly appreciative of your feedback.
Via the Steam store:
- Announcing the Maps Workshop Beta!
- Check out the blog post for more information
- Added bsp_repack command to repack a BSP file with optimal compression
- Maps uploaded to the workshop are automatically compressed
- Added tf_workshop_refresh command to recheck tracked workshop maps and refresh subscriptions
- Added tf_workshop_map_sync command to immediately install a map from the workshop by ID
- Added sv_allow_point_servercommand to disable point_servercommand entities. Defaults to "official" Valve maps only. Can also be set to "disallow" and "always".