HatTheTurtle

Holding that L since 20XX

• Scrim Admins
  • 2333 posts

Posted July 01 2015 - 04:42 PM

Blog post

Update page

Comic

FAQ (concerning the new campaigns) Thanks Tinder!

Adding new maps, balance changes, and a new feature that's similar to CS:GO's operations, called campaigns, where you pay for access to bonus missions that yield weapon skins/exclusive crates (also like CS:GO; different rarity tiers and levels of wear). Update is coming tomorrow, get hype. Or don't. But please do. Please.

#2 Toamto

Toamto

tromboner

• Administrators
  • 1920 posts

Posted July 01 2015 - 05:07 PM

Oh mah gaaaaaaaaaaaa

No damage spread by default \o/

#3 DANGER_HIGH_VOLTAGE

DANGER_HIGH_VOLTAGE

Judgement!

• TF2 Admins
  • 5126 posts

Posted July 01 2015 - 05:09 PM

Supporting the creators of Suijin is enough to convince me to buy that campaign pass. I also want to get that electricity themed rocket launcher.

[insert pun here]

The Nom Master of Drowning! (Take my word for it.)
Tumblr

#4 kingddd

kingddd

Dorky Avatar

• Members
  • 9355 posts

Posted July 01 2015 - 06:06 PM

they freaking brought back shoot sentry while it's being sapped as a spy.  Oh god.

yVRxnqJ.png

-------------------------------------------------

Youtube Channel

Steam Community

#5 nosoop

nosoop

in ur vps, wreckin' ur stuf

• Members
  • 2737 posts

Posted July 01 2015 - 06:27 PM

Sitting in a Wal-Mart parking lot and eating food, but hype!

OH SHIT SNOWPLOW IS IN

#6 Robomoto

Robomoto

Big Poster

• Members
  • 594 posts

Posted July 01 2015 - 07:16 PM

So what does this mean for TF2 overall? Is it good or bad?

"I don't have any marshmallows! And even if I did, I wouldn't give any to you!"
"Now I can solve up to 800 problems a minute!"

Backpack
Posted Image

#7 K2.

K2.

Something witty

• Scrimmer
  • 2289 posts
  • Scout, Soldier, Pyro, Demoman, Engineer, Sniper

Posted July 01 2015 - 08:02 PM

GOOD THINGS:
it's an update
New maps and taunts
some of the weapon skins don't look terrible

BAD THINGS:
they have officially killed the artstyle
most skins look like bottom of the barrel gamebanana skins

TAKE AS YOU WILL THINGS:
TF2 is now tf:go
have to pay for the ability to get contracts to get crate to get weapon and probably won't know if you'll get a shit skin or not until you open it

#8 nosoop

nosoop

• Members
  • 2737 posts

Posted July 01 2015 - 08:07 PM

Good if you:

• like updates!
  • want a balanced breakfast weapon list
  • new maps!
  • are in the trading meta, because holy shit it just got huge

Bad if you:

• artstyle!
  • are a server owner (SourceMod is going to be beyond broken tomorrow, guaranteed!)
  • have no money, because holy shit that's a cosmetic stuff you'll want.
  • don't like significant gameplay changes (pick up weapons on-the-fly!)

Overall, it's looking good in terms of keeping TF2 afloat, but it's a pretty big change, and I expect a number of old-timers to be turned off by this update completely (if hats, trading, unusuals, cosmetic updates, promos, etc. didn't get them already).

#9 HatTheTurtle

HatTheTurtle

Holding that L since 20XX

• Scrim Admins
  • 2333 posts

Posted July 01 2015 - 08:27 PM

Thoughts on patch notes:

Overall: Consistency updates to make passives to only be active while the corresponding weapon is out is a positive change, in my opinion. I think all "increased fire damage taken" has been changed to just "increased damage taken" to compensate? A lot of changes to make alternate weapons more appealing, which is always good to see. If I had to summarize the changes in a sentence, "Increased options and an attempt towards increased game pace."

Spy

Spoiler:
Overall buff, nerfs/reworks to weapons that have commonly received complaints and buffs to weapons that aren't super popular. Most positive weapon change is probably kunai. Now you can survive a regular melee hit (65 damage), backstabbing people at low health is now useful, and a pretty big increase to max overheal limit. Spycicle change is pretty good too, now it's more for putting yourself out rather than stalling a pyro. Probably the changes I'm most happy to hear about.

Engineer

Spoiler:
Buffs to setup speed, nerfs to building upkeep. Hard to say whether it's an overall buff or nerf, but I think it's a positive change. Makes it easier to setup, and reduces the amount sentry nests slow down games. Mini sentries also got a pretty significant nerf, slower setup/starting at 50% health means you have to make a decision between hitting it to build it faster, or guns to kill people. Some changes to weapons that seem pretty fair, biggest change is probably being able to change wrenches without destroying all your buildings. Eureka Effect changes might seem super bad, but now you can set up your buildings with a different wrench and switch over after you're done. Happy times.

Scout

Spoiler:
Not a tonne of changes, big nerf to babyface and pocket pistol, small buff to fan of war and potential buff to shortstop(?) I think being able to control when the passives are active is a positive thing, but don't play with it enough to really have an opinion. Pocket pistol is a nice alternative for people that want a mix of milk + pistol, but I don't think it will be worth 20% increased damage taken. Babyface change is needed, I think, but not a lot of people are using it anyways, so I don't know. Nothing huge changed.

Soldier

Spoiler:
Changes to lesser used weapons, Airstrike is just overall better, Equalizer/Escape Plan changes are really more quality of life changes for medics, liberty launcher gets a pretty significant buff. Black Box is worse in 1v1's but better in 1 vs. more than 1's? Neither of those situations are ideal, but I suppose I can understand the changes. You can now potentially be more greatly rewarded for being more accurate with your shots, but having to do 70-ish damage just to recover the same 15hp is a pretty big nerf. Not too many changes, but some of the other launchers are now more appealing, so overall it seems nice.

Demoman

Spoiler:
Not too sure what the demoknight changes do, haven't touched it in a while. Are the changes to charge regeneration buffs or nerfs? Besides that, huge buff to Iron Bomber, makes a lot more sense to use it as an area denial tool. Quickiebomb Launcher buff is nice too, encourages play more similar to the regular stickies (taking advantage of your long range to stay out of danger), while still keeping what made it unique. Caber nerf just makes it so you have to hit a person instead of a wall if you want a guaranteed kill on low health classes I think? Happy to see the newest unlocks get changes in a positive direction.

EDIT: Iso has informed me these changes are mucho bueno, makes charging be stopped by less stupid things like fall damage. Is gud.

Pyro

Spoiler:
More incentives to use the other flareguns. That's about it. I'm not sure if people will use them over the regular flaregun, but buffed detonator jumps may be cool.

Medic

Spoiler:
Buffs/nerfs to Vaccinator. Regular healing is a little worse, but ubers are significantly better. Mostly seems like quality of life fixes, but hey, it's good to see progress.

Sniper

Spoiler:
More incentive for charged shots on Sydney Sleeper, and Bazaar Bargain made a little less unforgiving. Bushwacka changed, probably for the worse, but makes it a little less passively annoying. Nothing huge, but making alternate weapon options more appealing is always nice.

Heavy

Spoiler:
Huge buff to Natascha and Brass Beast, 20% damage resistance while spun up. Personally don't like damage resistances, but Brass Beast could definitely use help. A bit strange to see it on the Natascha as well, seeing as it mostly plays the same as the regular minigun, but oh well? Buffs on a bunch of secondaries as well, good to see.

#10 Pixel

Pixel

It's a secret to everybody

• Members
  • 1357 posts
  • Minecraft:MrPixel
  • Scout, Soldier, Demoman

Posted July 01 2015 - 09:16 PM

Well this seems like a great time for me to get back into TF2. I will for sure be playing more once the update drops, haven't played in ages.

#11 Mr. Tinder

Mr. Tinder

Mhm hudda mhf

• Administrators
  • 2915 posts
  • Minecraft:MrTinder
  • Pyro, Demoman, Engineer, Medic

Posted July 01 2015 - 09:33 PM

FAQ page since its hiding in there sort of.

Lots of changes tomorrow that is surely going to break Sourcemod. Still if it does I'll be on to turn it off until Sorcemod gets updated.

#12 nosoop

nosoop

• Members
  • 2737 posts

Posted July 01 2015 - 10:02 PM

FAQ page since its hiding in there sort of.

Lots of changes tomorrow that is surely going to break Sourcemod. Still if it does I'll be on to turn it off until Sorcemod gets updated.

RIP DX8.

Engine optimizations would be nice.

#13 Isotoxin

Isotoxin

I'M STILL FRESHER!

• TF2 Admins
  • 2069 posts
  • Scout, Pyro, Heavy

Posted July 02 2015 - 12:24 AM

I can now break my legs and still charge forward like an idiot.

Personally, that's the one update I wanted.

#14 Dr. Soul

Dr. Soul

ech

• Scrimmer
  • 6921 posts
  • Scout, Pyro, Demoman, Medic

Posted July 02 2015 - 02:15 AM

Interesting

I like this

"why am I the only one here not having a cock here?" -Fox McCrits

"Hey did you know that 4000 cats are eaten in China? Wanna pretend I'm asian and let me eat your pussyyyyy?"-Pikachu on LSD 

#15 Cedarbox

Cedarbox

Married to a skeleton. Platonically.

• Members
  • 3953 posts

Posted July 02 2015 - 05:18 AM

My Spy game is going to get so much better because of this. The Engie changes are a little confusing but being able to change wrenches is huge. Jag to the front line and then southern hospitality after the first respawn without having to rebuild? Yes, please.

Also. Miss Pauling. You are a brave, brave woman...

There once was a kitty named Tomo
As famous on the Internet as Domo
But his face got all shitty
Because he's a bad kitty
And now he's washed up like Rivers Cuomo

#16 Soviet

Soviet

I post a lot!

• Scrim Admins
  • 2100 posts
  • Soldier, Pyro, Demoman

Posted July 02 2015 - 05:25 AM

• Random Damage Spread is off by default (ConVar tf_damage_disablespread is set to 1).

if only they put this in like 8 years sooner

#17 Robomoto

Robomoto

Big Poster

• Members
  • 594 posts

Posted July 02 2015 - 06:40 AM

Also. Miss Pauling. You are a brave, brave woman...

It helps that Saxton Hale can be pretty clueless sometimes. I doubt he'll figure out who stole the guns, even with the note.

"I don't have any marshmallows! And even if I did, I wouldn't give any to you!"
"Now I can solve up to 800 problems a minute!"

Backpack
Posted Image

#18 Cloud

Cloud

Rakist

• Members
  • 1533 posts
  • Pyro

Posted July 02 2015 - 07:57 AM

I didn't even know some of this stuff existed. Sentries had a resistance to miniguns??

Loch-n-Load

• Changed +20% damage bonus to +20% damage against buildings

Goodnight sweet prince. 8(

dDHukhF.png

#19 Mahbonk

Mahbonk

I don't think so

• Scrimmer
  • 4605 posts
  • Scout, Soldier, Pyro, Demoman, Heavy, Medic, Spy

Posted July 02 2015 - 08:31 AM

Wow so many changes. Can't wait to check out those changes and read the comic.

I could care less about the skins even though they do hammer an ultimate final nail into the artstyle of TF2. beside i stopped caring about anything cosmetic.

Edited by Mahbonk, July 02 2015 - 08:32 AM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#20 granola

granola

ԅ། ・ิ _ʖ ・ิ །ง

• Members
  • 1501 posts
  • Spy

Posted July 02 2015 - 09:09 AM

I'm laughing so hard at this update.
The uninstall is real.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users