Sign in to follow this  
Toamto

Scream Fortress 7

now_featuring_screamfortress7.png

Update is 523.6MB

Scream Fortress VII has arrived!

Comic and additional information available on the website (http://www.teamfortress.com/screamfortress7)

Featuring 4 community maps: Gorge Event, Sinshine, Moonshine Event, and Hellstone

Added the Gargoyle Case which contains 19 community made cosmetics

Added two new community-made taunts to the Mann Co Store: Soldier's Requiem and Zoomin' Broom

Collect the souls of dead players for your Gargoyle by killing enemies, doing map objectives, or collecting the Soul Gargoyles that spawn in the maps

Scream Fortress VII runs through November 11th, 2015

During Scream Fortress VII

All players who launch the game will receive a Gargoyle

Gives access to Merasmissions and Halloween item transmutations

Tracks Merasmissions completed and souls collected

Added Merasmissions

A new Merasmission will be available daily up to a total of 13

Completing a Merasmission will give players a classic Halloween item and a chance of the Gargoyle Case

Added Halloween Transmuting

Transmuting can be accessed by clicking the Gargoyle in your backpack and selecting Halloween Transmute from the context menu

Players can transmute 3 qualifying items to receive a non-tradable classic Halloween item. A bonus item will be given for every 10th transmute.

Mann Co Supply Crates will have a chance for a classic Halloween Unusual effect

General

Added inspect animations for the Batsaber and the Giger Counter

Fixed an idle animation bug for the Wrangler

Lowered the speed penalty for getting stunned by a ghost from 50% to 25%

Lowered damage of the "bats" spell from 60 to 40

HHH's axe has dulled a bit and no longer guarantees death, but is still very lethal

Fixed an exploit related to picking up The Widowmaker

Fixed the Batsaber not showing the Killstreak sheen

Fixed a scoreboard stat reset bug in Mann vs. Machine

Optimized texture memory usage

Fix some cases of random hitching experienced by some players

Fixed overhead icons stacking on top of each other and now appear side-by-side

Added "Sort by Date" to the backpack. Newest acquired or altered items are sorted to the front.

Cosmetics that have Rarity and are part of a collection no longer show a cosmetic item level

Fixed the buildcubemaps command failing to update cubemaps for maps that already have cubemaps

Fixed a case where running the game with -buildcubemaps would generate all black cubemaps

Updated cp_powerhouse to fix a couple places where players could stand on top of doorways

Updated The Infernal Impaler, L'homme Burglerre, The Spooky Shoes, The Spooky Sleeves, Cuban Bristle Crisis, The Grimm Hatt, Medi-Mask, The Bearded Bombardier, The Colonel's Coat, The Killer's Kit, The Vascular Vestment, The Physician's Protector, The Cold Killer, The Courtier's Collar, The Physician's Procedure Mask, The War Pig, Respectless Robo-Glove, Insulated Inventor, The Dry Gulch Gulp and The Minsk Beef with the latest changes from the authors

Updated koth_probed

Improved optimization of map (especially on mid)

Fixed clipping issues (thanks Muselk!)

Fixed Engineer imbalance on mid (thanks Uncle Dane!)

Added in missing explosion sound effect on aliens

Fixed a few prop/ material issues

Reduced prop usage

PASS Time update

Fixed viewmodel/worldmodel when tf_passtime_ball_model is set

Added convar: tf_passtime_ball_sphere_collision

Added entity: tf_logic_on_holiday

Mannpower update

No longer in Beta

Added new map: Hellfire

Three new powerups: King, Plague, Supernova

Grappling hook changes

Reduced max rope distance

Reduced grapple dismount jump height

30% hook movement speed penalty for Heavyweapons

Flag rule changes

Flags can no longer be returned by touching them

When dropped, flags return after a timeout. This timeout does NOT reset if the flag is picked up again before it returns or is captured

25% hook movement speed penalty for powered up flag carriers (with the exception of Agility)

Small health regeneration for non-powered up flag carriers

Flags and capture zones are disabled for 30 seconds after a capture

Powerup rule changes

When killed, your powerup will drop as the enemy team color. Deliberately dropped powerups are neutral colored

You cannot pick up enemy colored powerups

Team colored powerups will attempt to respawn in that team's base if not picked up in time

Other changes

Overhead powerup icons are now team colored

Warlock powerup renamed to Reflect

Reduced Knockout max health bonus for demos carrying swords and shields

Haste now increases huntsman firing speed

Bug fixes

Reflect damage no longer occurs after death (Pyro afterburn)

Did I miss something or did they say they weren't doing Halloween this year? Or was that just a 'no new boss' thing?

On another note, I'm quite happy to see these new cosmetics are non-halloween restricted items. That restriction always used to still pisses me off kinda because I really like the look of a lot of "halloween items", but oh well.

Did I miss something or did they say they weren't doing Halloween this year? Or was that just a 'no new boss' thing?

On another note, I'm quite happy to see these new cosmetics are non-halloween restricted items. That restriction always used to still pisses me off kinda because I really like the look of a lot of "halloween items", but oh well.

They said they weren't doing any new official things, and that the maps, items, etc. would all be from the community.

Which is good and all but they went and added tier-based rarity to the halloween case, and the new effects can once again only be gotten on the items inside the case.