Sign in to follow this  
kingddd

Fire Emblem Fates

I can't tell if the RNG is seriously bad luck on me in EVERY game I play...

but while every other unit I have has a strength of 15-16... Azama, my HEALER, has 30.

What the frick

but while every other unit I have has a strength of 15-16... Azama, my HEALER, has 30.

What the frick

ohohoho you'll love Odin then.

Odin has shit Mag growth but awesome STR growth even though he's a mage.

Edited by kingddd

What the frick

Azama lives to fuck with everyone and this is it happening on a meta level

Though he promotes to Grand Master which is exceedingly more useful so joke's on him.

Azama lives to fuck with everyone and this is it happening on a meta level

Though he promotes to Grand Master which is exceedingly more useful so joke's on him.

Just kidding, life is meaningless.

Though it's a big shame if you give him any offensive power his divine retribution skill goes down the shitter.

Also finished Revelations, that's some fun shit but I found the ending to be a bit weak. Somehow Sakura turned into a fucking tank and had more attack power than Ryoma or Xander. Magic bow OP. Paired her up with Leo to give her some extra magic boosts to top it off.

Was pissed when I found out Anna can only be gotten from the DLC. So I bought the DLC Map Pack to get her, then found out the DLC releases for ALL the maps, whether you got the map pack or not, will be released throughout the month until the end of April. So I have to wait that long before I can marry Anna.

And if I can't waifu Anna, why the fuck am I even playing

Unrelated, but I'm guessing the Avatar's use of the Dragonstone is actually determined by strength rather than magic. So is there any purpose to HAVING a magic stat, or is that only for reclassing?

Was pissed when I found out Anna can only be gotten from the DLC. So I bought the DLC Map Pack to get her, then found out the DLC releases for ALL the maps, whether you got the map pack or not, will be released throughout the month until the end of April. So I have to wait that long before I can marry Anna.

Unrelated, but I'm guessing the Avatar's use of the Dragonstone is actually determined by strength rather than magic. So is there any purpose to HAVING a magic stat, or is that only for reclassing?

Dragonstone is based off of Magic in Fates unlike previous Fire Emblems.  It also can't double attack.  It's intended to be a tank attack since it increases your defense significantly.  So if you want to be a high damage tank, choosing the magic attribute in the beginning of the game is a good idea.

Edited by kingddd

Sup Tomato

And dragonstone damage is also calculated by the enemy's resistance, giving you viable damage against Knights and the like (up until later game anyway).

My boy, those red locks are what all good men strive for. Also she's still the only one I've paired with m-Robin in Awakening.

And dragonstone damage is also calculated by the enemy's resistance, giving you viable damage against Knights and the like (up until later game anyway).

Using a Levin Sword is much more effective late-game, usually by then your defense should be tank-levels of high. Unless that was your bane stat because they decided to use cryptic names for 'em.

Also there's spoilers in the ancient text archive if you care to decipher the text, which is more fun than looking it up on the web.

My boy, those red locks are what all good men strive for. Also she's still the only one I've paired with m-Robin in Awakening.

tumblr_lmtecx8CFW1qhc137o1_500.gif

Also there's spoilers in the ancient text archive if you care to decipher the text, which is more fun than looking it up on the web.

Was wondering about that text. How do I go about deciphering it? Looks like gibberish to me.

Was wondering about that text. How do I go about deciphering it? Looks like gibberish to me.

The final text No 008 Monument is literally abcdefgh.....z.  That's where you can decipher them.

But it's recommended not to read them until you at least beat revelations.

Finished Birthright finally even though I'm Anna-less goddamn piece of fucking

Ahem. Anyway, I was expecting to get a kind of New Game+ where I continue the last save file and keep what I earned from the playthough of the last level and be able to do the last level again, that sort of thing (like in Awakening). It didn't seem to let me, so I'm assuming it doesn't have that?

Finished Birthright finally even though I'm Anna-less goddamn piece of fucking

Ahem. Anyway, I was expecting to get a kind of New Game+ where I continue the last save file and keep what I earned from the playthough of the last level and be able to do the last level again, that sort of thing (like in Awakening). It didn't seem to let me, so I'm assuming it doesn't have that?

Yeah there is no New Game+.  You can however select branch of fates to start from Chapter 6 again from the same difficulty you picked with the same levels when you reached that moment.

The only game in the series to have a New Game+ is Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn.  But don't worry it still carries over your support conversations in the record halls and CG movies you have seen etc.

Finished Birthright, and will be doing two replays eventually just so (1) I can be a female character and (2) marry Azura as a male character and see how the story changes. These are my overall thoughts on the game, both pros and cons:

+graphics, landscape, level design are a vast improvement over Awakening; people have feet

+cutscenes are beautiful; I could watch Azura's dance all day

+many great tracks; 'Lost In Thoughts All Alone' cannot unstuck itself out of my head, and the final boss theme is awesome

+weapons no longer have limited uses, but more situational ones are rarer which makes them more useful but in small quantities

+higher level weapons aren't necessarily just stronger, and may have downsides like debuffs, which encourage forging

+forging uses a different currency than money, which makes it more viable -- especially since weapons are no longer limited in use

+magic is nerfed but not useless; archers are powerful but not too overpowered (for the most part)

+Dragon Veins and intelligent level design make normal 'kill all enemies' levels just as interesting and fun

+Paralogues level in difficulty with your current team

+child units will never be underleveled thanks to their personal seals

+you can lose units storywise, but can be saved with alternate paths (sometimes)

+not everyone makes it to the end storywise, which is more realistic in a wartime situation

+designing your castle is fun, and there's plenty of stuff to do in-between missions

+visiting other players' castles can net you items and currencies you need

+the ability to give accessories to your units and other players, and maybe receive some from them

+I have a maid AND a butler

+I can turn into a motherfucking dragon, and criting with Dragon Fang is awesome

+daughter Kana is adorable as fuck and her conversations are kawaii as shit

+I have no idea why, but I love getting kicked out of the bath house repeatedly

+the ability to touch your waifu's face

-RNG hates me

-the hitrate percentage is total bullshit

-except for key tracks, most of the music isn't as memorable as Awakening's

-way too many levels feel like padding

-child units, while great characters, don't make as much sense as in Awakening and are superfluous given the balance

-marrying my daughter Kana is like marrying an 8-year old off

-some artwork faces look a little flat; looks better in 3D

-grinding conversations is a bitch

-conversations, while still mostly good, are less interesting because some characters tend to meld together without an outstanding character trait

-most of the S-rank confession lines with the avatar are mostly shit

-many of the S-rank confessions between units are pretty same-y

-repeated characters from Awakening, despite good conversations, still feel like Flanderized versions of the original characters

-the bath house is pretty useless

-Nintendo removed my ability to sexually molest my entire army's face unless they were my waifu/husbando

-Raider weapons can unintentionally make serious battles hilarious

-Paralogues leveling with your current team can make levels punishingly hard by accident; if you don't have Rescue, God have mercy

-Camilla's cutscene compared to the other cutscenes

-all the doujins are all CamillaxTakumi, and I don't even like Takumi that much; I need more with Oboro and Scarlet, damnit

-Anna isn't waifu-available until later; 0/10

Because Anna wasn't available for this playthrough, I went with my 2nd choice which was Scarlet, which I don't regret.

Accidentally read some spoilers about her, and I'm glad she'll be happy in this one playthrough at the very least.

Overall, gameplay is milestones better than Awakening without a doubt. Character-wise, they're growing on me, but I definitely prefer the wider and more varied conversations of Awakening.

+Dragon Veins and intelligent level design make normal 'kill all enemies' levels just as interesting and fun

ohohoho just wait until you reach to Conquest.  That's a real man's fire emblem level designs.

But yeah I am not surprised how you feel about Birthright's characters.  I didn't feel that much attachment to them either.  Conquest definitely has the better characters imo.

Playing Conquest now, and WOW -- I am only in the intro stage and already I'm filled with regret. On the first mission, you're required to defeat 4 out of 5 of your birth siblings to win, and I knew I get special dialogue when you fight them with the Avatar unit... so OF COURSE I DID! And then I got to Sakura -- who is a healer and is unarmed by the way -- and I stab her and she was like 'Oh God why are you doing this? I loved you!' and I was like 'Oh God I am so sorry'

Gonna be a messed up run, I can tell. I definitely don't regret doing Birthright before, just so I can get attached to the other side of the conflict when I eventually unfortunately murder them.

Arthur and Effie seems to be the equivalent of Hana and Subaki, and while I like Subaki, the moment Arthur talked I knew I would like this guy because he is awesome. Effie, on the other hand... Well, Effie and Hana seem to have the same character in a sense, but Effie is kind of ruined by her portrait image, which looks sullen all the time despite that not really being her character. She looks too sad and bored, even when her dialogue and personality are very driven, kind, and pretty silly at times.

Playing Conquest now, and WOW -- I am only in the intro stage and already I'm filled with regret. On the first mission, you're required to defeat 4 out of 5 of your birth siblings to win, and I knew I get special dialogue when you fight them with the Avatar unit... so OF COURSE I DID! And then I got to Sakura -- who is a healer and is unarmed by the way -- and I stab her and she was like 'Oh God why are you doing this? I loved you!' and I was like 'Oh God I am so sorry'

Gonna be a messed up run, I can tell. I definitely don't regret doing Birthright before, just so I can get attached to the other side of the conflict when I eventually unfortunately murder them.

Arthur and Effie seems to be the equivalent of Hana and Subaki, and while I like Subaki, the moment Arthur talked I knew I would like this guy because he is awesome. Effie, on the other hand... Well, Effie and Hana seem to have the same character in a sense, but Effie is kind of ruined by her portrait image, which looks sullen all the time despite that not really being her character. She looks too sad and bored, even when her dialogue and personality are very driven, kind, and pretty silly at times.

You'll want Effie for the entire playthrough as she is literally a wall.  Conquest map designs are designed with chokepoints, specific enemy placements and dealing with debuffs from Ninjas frequently.  So you'll want to take advantage of their specialties as much as possible and not blindly go in.

You'll want Effie for the entire playthrough as she is literally a wall.  Conquest map designs are designed with chokepoints, specific enemy placements and dealing with debuffs from Ninjas frequently.  So you'll want to take advantage of their specialties as much as possible and not blindly go in.

I always use everybody for the entire playthrough. I always make sure everyone's on the same level except the maid/butler and Azura who need to be slightly higher.

Also I gave her all my Boots because she's slow as frick.

EDIT: I also learned I've been using Felicia wrong. Before, I boosted up her STR with items because her attack sucks, but then I realized her highest stat is MAG and magic shuriken DO exist, so once I got a Fire Shuriken and gave it to her she was beast. I haven't gotten any from my Conquest playthrough yet, and the unusual thing about Fates is that I may never get it. I get certain unique weapons en masse, and some never. I have never seen a Levin Sword yet, and I've only ever gotten ONE Lance, which Silas started with in Birthright but not in Conquest. And while that kind of sucks, the good news is I got buttloads of Kagero's Dart which is usually crap but once I crafted EIGHT of them into each other it's badass.

Just realized I have 2 Maids and a Butler now (with Flora), and that's technically 3 of the same class, and that really grinds me because I have a two-or-less rule since any more would be redundant.

The problem is: Who and what am I going to change? I was thinking Flora since, apparently despite being level 5 when I get her, she's got like a rating of 130+ already, which is odd as hell. And now that I have all these class-changing items from the DLC, and Flora's high MAG stat... maybe turn her into a Witch? And then marry her and my daughter will be half-witch half-dragon?

Can't tell if this plan is brilliant or really freaking dumb. Because it's really hard to imagine Flora being anything but a Maid. Also Elise looks really good in a Maid outfit and I'm tempted.

EDIT: Did it, and I take back what I said. Flora as a Witch looks hot.

Hot as Flora in Birthright amirite

The OST also released, so now we have music that isn't fuzzy rips from a 3DS audio jack!

or groans of increase discomfort.

Nice that the translation is calling the DLC series 2 'Heirs of Fate' instead of that awful 'Recollection of Bubbles' translation.

Last part of the DLC comes out June 9th, which gives plenty of time to finish Conquest and Revelations. Can't wait to hear Matt Mercer's version of 'Lost In Thoughts All Alone'.