• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#41 kingddd

kingddd

Dorky Avatar

• Members
  • 9355 posts

Posted March 17 2016 - 09:26 PM

+Dragon Veins and intelligent level design make normal 'kill all enemies' levels just as interesting and fun

ohohoho just wait until you reach to Conquest.  That's a real man's fire emblem level designs.

But yeah I am not surprised how you feel about Birthright's characters.  I didn't feel that much attachment to them either.  Conquest definitely has the better characters imo.

yVRxnqJ.png

-------------------------------------------------

Youtube Channel

Steam Community

#42 kingddd

kingddd

Dorky Avatar

• Members
  • 9355 posts

Posted March 24 2016 - 09:19 PM

The Hidden Truths 1 and 2 DLC is out.  It's best to play this after you beaten Revelations.

yVRxnqJ.png

Youtube Channel

Steam Community

#43 Ducky

Ducky

Supreme Duck Overlord

• Scrimmer
  • 3844 posts
  • Soldier, Engineer, Medic

Posted April 02 2016 - 02:03 PM

Playing Conquest now, and WOW -- I am only in the intro stage and already I'm filled with regret. On the first mission, you're required to defeat 4 out of 5 of your birth siblings to win, and I knew I get special dialogue when you fight them with the Avatar unit... so OF COURSE I DID! And then I got to Sakura -- who is a healer and is unarmed by the way -- and I stab her and she was like 'Oh God why are you doing this? I loved you!' and I was like 'Oh God I am so sorry'

Gonna be a messed up run, I can tell. I definitely don't regret doing Birthright before, just so I can get attached to the other side of the conflict when I eventually unfortunately murder them.

Arthur and Effie seems to be the equivalent of Hana and Subaki, and while I like Subaki, the moment Arthur talked I knew I would like this guy because he is awesome. Effie, on the other hand... Well, Effie and Hana seem to have the same character in a sense, but Effie is kind of ruined by her portrait image, which looks sullen all the time despite that not really being her character. She looks too sad and bored, even when her dialogue and personality are very driven, kind, and pretty silly at times.

#44 kingddd

kingddd

Dorky Avatar

• Members
  • 9355 posts

Posted April 02 2016 - 04:15 PM

Playing Conquest now, and WOW -- I am only in the intro stage and already I'm filled with regret. On the first mission, you're required to defeat 4 out of 5 of your birth siblings to win, and I knew I get special dialogue when you fight them with the Avatar unit... so OF COURSE I DID! And then I got to Sakura -- who is a healer and is unarmed by the way -- and I stab her and she was like 'Oh God why are you doing this? I loved you!' and I was like 'Oh God I am so sorry'

Gonna be a messed up run, I can tell. I definitely don't regret doing Birthright before, just so I can get attached to the other side of the conflict when I eventually unfortunately murder them.

Arthur and Effie seems to be the equivalent of Hana and Subaki, and while I like Subaki, the moment Arthur talked I knew I would like this guy because he is awesome. Effie, on the other hand... Well, Effie and Hana seem to have the same character in a sense, but Effie is kind of ruined by her portrait image, which looks sullen all the time despite that not really being her character. She looks too sad and bored, even when her dialogue and personality are very driven, kind, and pretty silly at times.

You'll want Effie for the entire playthrough as she is literally a wall.  Conquest map designs are designed with chokepoints, specific enemy placements and dealing with debuffs from Ninjas frequently.  So you'll want to take advantage of their specialties as much as possible and not blindly go in.

yVRxnqJ.png

Youtube Channel

Steam Community

#45 Ducky

Ducky

Supreme Duck Overlord

• Scrimmer
  • 3844 posts

Posted April 02 2016 - 04:29 PM

You'll want Effie for the entire playthrough as she is literally a wall.  Conquest map designs are designed with chokepoints, specific enemy placements and dealing with debuffs from Ninjas frequently.  So you'll want to take advantage of their specialties as much as possible and not blindly go in.

I always use everybody for the entire playthrough. I always make sure everyone's on the same level except the maid/butler and Azura who need to be slightly higher.

Also I gave her all my Boots because she's slow as frick.

EDIT: I also learned I've been using Felicia wrong. Before, I boosted up her STR with items because her attack sucks, but then I realized her highest stat is MAG and magic shuriken DO exist, so once I got a Fire Shuriken and gave it to her she was beast. I haven't gotten any from my Conquest playthrough yet, and the unusual thing about Fates is that I may never get it. I get certain unique weapons en masse, and some never. I have never seen a Levin Sword yet, and I've only ever gotten ONE Lance, which Silas started with in Birthright but not in Conquest. And while that kind of sucks, the good news is I got buttloads of Kagero's Dart which is usually crap but once I crafted EIGHT of them into each other it's badass.

#46 Ducky

Ducky

Supreme Duck Overlord

• Scrimmer
  • 3844 posts

Posted April 17 2016 - 05:29 PM

Just realized I have 2 Maids and a Butler now (with Flora), and that's technically 3 of the same class, and that really grinds me because I have a two-or-less rule since any more would be redundant.

The problem is: Who and what am I going to change? I was thinking Flora since, apparently despite being level 5 when I get her, she's got like a rating of 130+ already, which is odd as hell. And now that I have all these class-changing items from the DLC, and Flora's high MAG stat... maybe turn her into a Witch? And then marry her and my daughter will be half-witch half-dragon?

Can't tell if this plan is brilliant or really freaking dumb. Because it's really hard to imagine Flora being anything but a Maid. Also Elise looks really good in a Maid outfit and I'm tempted.

EDIT: Did it, and I take back what I said. Flora as a Witch looks hot.

Spoiler:

Hot as Flora in Birthright amirite

#47 kingddd

kingddd

Dorky Avatar

• Members
  • 9355 posts

Posted April 28 2016 - 05:09 AM

http://www.businessw...ded-Fire-Emblem

map pack 2 is coming out soon at May 5th.

yVRxnqJ.png

Youtube Channel

Steam Community

#48 Toamto

Toamto

tromboner

• Administrators
  • 1920 posts

Posted April 28 2016 - 06:12 AM

The OST also released, so now we have music that isn't fuzzy rips from a 3DS audio jack!

#49 kingddd

kingddd

Dorky Avatar

• Members
  • 9355 posts

Posted April 28 2016 - 07:31 AM

The OST also released, so now we have music that isn't fuzzy rips from a 3DS audio jack!

or groans of increase discomfort.

yVRxnqJ.png

Youtube Channel

Steam Community

#50 Ducky

Ducky

Supreme Duck Overlord

• Scrimmer
  • 3844 posts

Posted April 29 2016 - 12:03 AM

Nice that the translation is calling the DLC series 2 'Heirs of Fate' instead of that awful 'Recollection of Bubbles' translation.

Last part of the DLC comes out June 9th, which gives plenty of time to finish Conquest and Revelations. Can't wait to hear Matt Mercer's version of 'Lost In Thoughts All Alone'.

#51 Cedarbox

Cedarbox

Married to a skeleton. Platonically.

• Members
  • 3960 posts

Posted May 09 2016 - 10:32 AM

I blew Forrest.

There once was a kitty named Tomo
As famous on the Internet as Domo
But his face got all shitty
Because he's a bad kitty
And now he's washed up like Rivers Cuomo

#52 Ducky

Ducky

Supreme Duck Overlord

• Scrimmer
  • 3844 posts

Posted May 18 2016 - 09:17 PM

Welp, finally finished Conquest with all relationship convos unlocked. This took much longer than Birthright did with the lack of grinding options. In Birthright, it took me 54 hours to get all convos; in Conquest it took me 86 -- 32 MORE HOURS. Clear time is 102 hours.

My opinions for this game is mostly the same as with Birthright, except everything is BETTER. Here's a few notes on the key differences I noticed between this and Birthright, both good and bad (SOME CONQUEST SPOILERS AHEAD):

+Conquest's story is leagues better than Birthright's; siblings are active throughout the story and the plot is awesomely depressing throughout
+level design is even better than in Birthright, with various objectives throughout the 27-level campaign that really tests your skill
+final boss is unique, I certainly didn't expect that, and the cutscenes that led to it feel less cliche than they do in Birthright
-the final level was designed by Satan
-Conquest's story focuses less on Azura; while her convos are infinitely better here, there's less of her throughout the story and even her ending is more ambiguous
-I wish the dialogue slightly changes at the end; I married Leo to Azura, and you think he'd react more knowing his wife is FUCKING GONE
+Conquest's siblings are more interesting; their conversations between each other are some of the best in the game and tell you some heartbreaking shit
+Nohr's army is more well-rounded, from total-defensive units to mobile spellcasters to aerial attackers; many units use horses, which helps in mobility
-not as many healers; Nohr Noble isn't as useful as Hoshido Noble and doesn't look as good
+Charlotte has a 91% chance to crit and it's freaking delicious
-I like Peri, but is no one seriously going to acknowledge her severe mental disorder and incredible amount of unwarranted murder? This is why I paired her with Laslow
+some of these child S-rank conversations... UGH, SO FUCKING ADORABLE AS FUCK
-this is not RNG; these percentages are outright BULLSHIT
-Kana has no good S-ranks for Conquest
-Nina, you're fucking weird
-Soleil, there's being omnisexual and then there's you hitting on your own mother; don't be creepy
-Selena is a great character unless she marries you; do not marry Selena
-grinding conversations is even more of a bitch
+anything that comes out of Odin's mouth
+"MY ACHING BLOOD!"
-Camilla's gag boobs aren't funny; also, if Birthright's intro of her is any indication, she has no ass

Overall, definitely enjoyed it more than Birthright, but now it's time to move on to Revelations before the last piece of the DLC comes out.

#53 kingddd

kingddd

Dorky Avatar

• Members
  • 9355 posts

Posted May 23 2016 - 07:09 PM

Late but glad you enjoyed Conquest.  It's definitely in my favourite Fire Emblems to date.

yVRxnqJ.png

Youtube Channel

Steam Community

#54 Cedarbox

Cedarbox

Married to a skeleton. Platonically.

• Members
  • 3960 posts

Posted May 27 2016 - 08:59 PM

Toward the end of my first playthrough, Camilla and Beruka had higher chances to crit than hit. Haha. They must've been the ones doing 90% of my kills toward the end.

Now I'm at the end of a MU+Niles only run. They're both snipers. And fuuuuuck that last mission. I can get them both up to the boss but I can't do enough damage fast enough. Oh well. I'm surprised I made it that far. Didn't have a problem with it on my first run.

Also, Soleil is adorable. I wish there were more choices in the game; 10 times out of 10 I'd choose to let my female avatar fall for her silly flirting.

There once was a kitty named Tomo
As famous on the Internet as Domo
But his face got all shitty
Because he's a bad kitty
And now he's washed up like Rivers Cuomo

#55 Ducky

Ducky

Supreme Duck Overlord

• Scrimmer
  • 3844 posts

Posted June 09 2016 - 11:38 PM

Final part of the Heirs of Fate DLC is out today. Haven't played any of them yet since I'm still trying to finish Revelations, but

Spoiler:

I've heard the song. Matthew Mercer (VA for Shigure, and incidentally Chrom from Awakening) did a fantastic job of the English version of 'Lost in Thought All Alone'.

#56 kingddd

kingddd

Dorky Avatar

• Members
  • 9355 posts

Posted June 13 2016 - 08:30 AM

Finished the heirs of fates.  In terms of story and the conflicts, it's ok but I'm in the minority of meh.

Just be aware to have everyone survive in the battle.

yVRxnqJ.png

Youtube Channel

Steam Community

#57 Ducky

Ducky

Supreme Duck Overlord

• Scrimmer
  • 3844 posts

Posted June 29 2016 - 04:49 PM

Finally finished Revelations after grinding the last bit of relationships to max. Over 100 hours is a bit longer than I expected after having maxed all the relationships from the other two paths, but still shorter than maxing it out in Conquest because Conquest is evil.

Here's some of my pros/cons observations about Revelations:

+new levels are cool, especially the one with the red and blue floors that change enemy classes

+the first few levels are fun because you had very few units and it was a very tense situation

-having all of the units is a pain in the ass, since I want to level them all up

+all the new cross-game conversations is interesting, and the cross-nation relationships are good too

*I imagine Odin and his daughter Ophelia get into some really weird roleplay sex when you've each S-ranked them

*Sophie's thong is seriously distracting, I mean she's a mounted unit what the hell

+while I think Saizo-Beruka is the OTP support, Saizo-Charlotte is the funniest goddamn thing ever written

+the special conversations between Selena and Caeldori is really on-point, I'm glad I did it

*the final boss is worthy of final boss material; I mean Dragon Skin and TWO forms, one-hit kills most of my units, goddamn

-marrying Azura didn't really change the ending or any dialogue, which is lame as hell

-Azura's ending in Revelations, despite not being shown dying, is still pretty vague

-why is the ONE path where Gunter is important the path where you can't convo with him? What the hell

+Omega Yato is a flaming super chainsaw sword and it's fucking awesome

-the ending just kind of... ended

-I really hate how your character's fate at the ending credits shows up randomly in the middle of all your other units instead of at the very end like Awakening; it loses impact that way

I gave Azura aptitude right from the start, then gave her Aegis and Pavis, and a bunch of other things that made her the best and deadliest waifu ever. She, Anna, and Odin are the only reason my unit beat the final boss -- especially since I accidentally gave myself a handicap at the end where I only had Anna as a healer.

Going to do the Heirs of Fate DLC as soon as I can.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users