42 replies to this topic

#21 Mahbonk

Mahbonk

I don't think so

• Scrimmer
  • 4605 posts
  • Scout, Soldier, Pyro, Demoman, Heavy, Medic, Spy

Posted June 13 2016 - 06:09 PM

I squealed like a little girl at Kojima.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#22 Ducky

Ducky

Supreme Duck Overlord

• Scrimmer
  • 3844 posts
  • Soldier, Engineer, Medic

Posted June 13 2016 - 06:09 PM

I guess Death Stranding is our Silent Hills successor.

Oh great, another zombie shooter with easily-marked red exploding gas cans. Yawn.

#23 Ducky

Ducky

Supreme Duck Overlord

• Scrimmer
  • 3844 posts

Posted June 13 2016 - 06:23 PM

Well, Sony's presentation is over. Overall, it was okay.

Horizon Zero Dawn is still the most interesting new game to me.
A new good Spiderman game would be welcome. Whether this is remains to be seen, obviously.
REVII I still question without more combat and story footage.
FFXV VR was lame as shit. Nice to get a release date though.
Last Guardian release date and hype as hell.
CoD Infinite Warfare looks about the same.
Nice that they didn't forget Crash Bandicoot, but the Skylanders reaction sums the second half up.
Death Stranding looks pretty interesting.
Days Gone was lame.
No FFVII-R.

#24 DANGER_HIGH_VOLTAGE

DANGER_HIGH_VOLTAGE

Judgement!

• TF2 Admins
  • 5126 posts

Posted June 13 2016 - 06:27 PM

I'm interested in that new Spider-Man game and the Crash Bandicoot remaster. Also, Horizon Zero Dawn looks good.

[insert pun here]

The Nom Master of Drowning! (Take my word for it.)
Tumblr

#25 Ducky

Ducky

Supreme Duck Overlord

• Scrimmer
  • 3844 posts

Posted June 14 2016 - 11:42 AM

New Zelda game looks pretty neat. But I swear with an equipment system in place, EVERYONE is going to run around as naked Link. Also VOICES!

#26 Toamto

Toamto

tromboner

• Administrators
  • 1920 posts

Posted June 14 2016 - 12:59 PM

I sure hope there's minimal voice acting if any.

Looks pretty boring as all open world games do. Let's hope there's more substance than the great sea or tp's field, cause right now it look like it's par for the course.

#27 Ducky

Ducky

Supreme Duck Overlord

• Scrimmer
  • 3844 posts

Posted June 14 2016 - 01:01 PM

I'd actually prefer more voice-acting. There's really no reason for the characters not to talk.

So here's the summary of what I've seen so far:
--Nothing drops hearts. You're going to have to cook food to get health back.
--Cooking produces different foods/potions that could give not only health but buffs like temporary hearts
--Link can create fireplaces to warm himself up, full heal, or sleep to pass time
--Link doesn't get hungry or need to sleep; sleeping just passes time and eating replenishes health
--Link can manipulate the wind to burn the forest down
--Link can pick up every weapon an enemy drops, and each weapon has different stats and special abilities, and can even be thrown to do extra damage
--Link can change clothes and will NEED warmer clothes in colder climates; alternatively, you can warm up with potions
--apparently the world is covered in random boss fights that can be above your current power level but can be defeated if you git gud
--everything has an alternate solution, so you can actually clear the game with basic gear and crap weapons if you got gud
--each dungeon has that classic Zelda feel, with a lot of interesting puzzles like the time stop device
--you can use the time stop device to stop objects from moving for a short time, but also store kinetic energy into an immobile object (such as a boulder that's too heavy to push) and it'll move once the timer is done

Definitely like what I'm seeing. It's an open-world Zelda, but it clearly still plays like a Zelda game. Not to mention give yourself challenges on multiple playthroughs by going through the game with as little required gear as possible.

#28 DANGER_HIGH_VOLTAGE

DANGER_HIGH_VOLTAGE

Judgement!

• TF2 Admins
  • 5126 posts

Posted June 14 2016 - 02:06 PM

Seeing Zelda makes me wish it was out now.

[insert pun here]

The Nom Master of Drowning! (Take my word for it.)
Tumblr

#29 kingddd

kingddd

Dorky Avatar

• Members
  • 9355 posts

Posted June 14 2016 - 02:41 PM

I sure hope there's minimal voice acting if any.

Looks pretty boring as all open world games do. Let's hope there's more substance than the great sea or tp's field, cause right now it look like it's par for the course.

They said they removed tons of NPCs, towns and every interactions in this build.  They're more scattered around in the developed build.

yVRxnqJ.png

-------------------------------------------------

Youtube Channel

Steam Community

#30 Toamto

Toamto

tromboner

• Administrators
  • 1920 posts

Posted June 14 2016 - 03:02 PM

They said they removed tons of NPCs, towns and every interactions in this build.  They're more scattered around in the developed build.

Oh that's good. Guess we'll see more in the final build.

I'd actually prefer more voice-acting. There's really no reason for the characters not to talk.

There's really no reason for the characters to have voice lines either. All it takes are a few bad-sounding lines before the whole thing suffers as a result.

Plus there's stylistic reasons but that's a whole other bag that can be handwaved away because ~subjectivity~. As long as it's hylian jibberish like it usually is it'll be fine.

#31 kingddd

kingddd

Dorky Avatar

• Members
  • 9355 posts

Posted June 14 2016 - 07:52 PM

There's really no reason for the characters to have voice lines either. All it takes are a few bad-sounding lines before the whole thing suffers as a result.

Not to mention NoA's track record in their voice acting department.

I can at least give prompts to Xenoblade X and Fire Emblem Awakening's voice acting since those two were probably the best voices NoA has voice directed in ages.  But the latter was done by 8-4 and we all know how Fates voice acting was in comparison.

yVRxnqJ.png

Youtube Channel

Steam Community

#32 Ducky

Ducky

Supreme Duck Overlord

• Scrimmer
  • 3844 posts

Posted June 14 2016 - 11:23 PM

Never had a problem with Fates' VA at all, and the singing voices were excellent. Honestly I don't mind the noises they made in previous games, but at the same time I'm getting tired of it and it'd be nice to hear some actual voices for a change.

EDIT: E3 footage of Persona 5 gameplay. Looks like you can convince enemy personas to join you with a bit of persuasion like the games of old.

#33 Cedarbox

Cedarbox

Married to a skeleton. Platonically.

• Members
  • 3955 posts

Posted June 15 2016 - 04:12 AM

Oh man, they're really going for something different with Zelda. The opening gameplay felt so... heavy? The implications of waking up at a place called the shrine of resurrection... and then the sci-fi edge? Very nice. And you can play the game naked. So I'm sure YouTubers will love that.

Not sure how I feel about the voice acting through. I loved it when they used a pseudo foreign language, like they did for Midna.

Now I kinda wish I had a Wii U. Can't justify it for just one game though.

There once was a kitty named Tomo
As famous on the Internet as Domo
But his face got all shitty
Because he's a bad kitty
And now he's washed up like Rivers Cuomo

#34 kingddd

kingddd

Dorky Avatar

• Members
  • 9355 posts

Posted June 15 2016 - 05:50 AM

Never had a problem with Fates' VA at all, and the singing voices were excellent. Honestly I don't mind the noises they made in previous games, but at the same time I'm getting tired of it and it'd be nice to hear some actual voices for a change.

The voices themselves are fine, the direction wasn't very good though in some moments creating some very awkward dull voices.  The singing I will agree was fine.  FE13 was probably the first Nintendo english localized voice that never made me feel weird.

As long as it's not Fire Emblem 9 and Fire Emblem 10's voice I'm ok with Fates's VA really.

Oh man, they're really going for something different with Zelda. The opening gameplay felt so... heavy? The implications of waking up at a place called the shrine of resurrection... and then the sci-fi edge? Very nice. And you can play the game naked. So I'm sure YouTubers will love that.

Those moments when the Nintendo Treehouse kept making Link run around naked was the best.

yVRxnqJ.png

Youtube Channel

Steam Community

#35 K2.

K2.

Something witty

• Scrimmer
  • 2289 posts
  • Scout, Soldier, Pyro, Demoman, Engineer, Sniper

Posted June 15 2016 - 01:10 PM

Have nintendo shown anything other than pokemon and zelda

#36 Ducky

Ducky

Supreme Duck Overlord

• Scrimmer
  • 3844 posts

Posted June 15 2016 - 01:14 PM

Now I kinda wish I had a Wii U. Can't justify it for just one game though.

My plan was just to wait for the next console (which is coming soon anyway) and just start getting Wii-U games then. I have a nice backlog of Wii-U games I wanted.

#37 kingddd

kingddd

Dorky Avatar

• Members
  • 9355 posts

Posted June 16 2016 - 06:41 AM

Watched the interview for the Paper Mario color splash....

"Will there be a remake or game like the TTYD?

Hahaha if there is a demand.

Jesus fucking christ that delusion.  I have no words.

yVRxnqJ.png

Youtube Channel

Steam Community

#38 Robomoto

Robomoto

Big Poster

• Members
  • 594 posts

Posted June 16 2016 - 02:50 PM

Watched the interview for the Paper Mario color splash....

"Will there be a remake or game like the TTYD?

Hahaha if there is a demand.

Jesus fucking christ that delusion.  I have no words.

Yeah, they seem to not care about the old games at all, which is evident in the lack of unique character buddies in the newer games.

"I don't have any marshmallows! And even if I did, I wouldn't give any to you!"
"Now I can solve up to 800 problems a minute!"

Backpack
Posted Image

#39 kingddd

kingddd

Dorky Avatar

• Members
  • 9355 posts

Posted June 17 2016 - 05:48 AM

Yeah, they seem to not care about the old games at all, which is evident in the lack of unique character buddies in the newer games.

the sad part is that the Japanese studio in general is very cut off from the outside world especially in the North American market where their biggest consumer base is now.  Japan's sales don't make as much as the North American market so it's rather insulting that they aren't listening to anything we say.    The surveys they used is only a tiny proportion of what their main consumer base is like.  So they don't receive the fan feedback like they really should.

yVRxnqJ.png

Youtube Channel

Steam Community

#40 Ducky

Ducky

Supreme Duck Overlord

• Scrimmer
  • 3844 posts

Posted June 17 2016 - 11:42 AM

Someone's already translated the letters from the Breath of the Wild gameplay by deciphering the different symbols. Not sure if it's real or not, but if it IS, then these people have degrees in decryption.

http://kotaku.com/th...cret-1782164500

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users