Ever since the first apes climbed out of the trees, there were apes who did it faster. Some apes just fell out of the tree. It's a sad fact that all apes are not created equal.
After 9 years in development, hopefully matchmaking was worth the wait:
- no class or weapon restrictions
- no random criticals
- no team changes
- fixed shotgun spreads
- for symmetrical Control Point maps, best-of-3 or best-of-5 (higher ranks only)
- for Attack/Defense maps, stopwatch mode (fastest attacking team wins)
Competitive Mode requirements:
- A premium account plus qualifying telephone number or
- A purchase of a lifetime Competitive Access Pass. The introductory / sale price is $9.99.
- For more information, see the Competitive FAQ.
Quickplay also gets an upgrade:
- "... you'll be matched into an unranked 12v12 game with players of similar skill."
- "This means no more auto-balancing—you'll be playing a match from start to finish."
- "We've also introduced a leveling stat: the more you play, the more you level up ..."
Community maps made official:
- Sunshine (Standard Control Point)
- Metalworks (Standard Control Point)
- Swiftwater (Payload)
Also Pass Time is out of beta! If you care about that.
Day 2: Meat vs. Match
- "One lucky class is going to get a full-fledged class pack in a future update! New weapons! New balancing! New achievements!"
- "Okay, both of them might get new Class Updates at some point. In fact, it's highly likely they both will."
- "Here's how it works. The next time you start the game, you'll be asked to pick a side. (Choose wisely, because you only get to pick once.) From then on, every point you score in a Competitive or Casual match will count towards either Team Heavy or Team Pyro."
- Four new taunts
- Starter packs for every class. "We put every functionally unique weapon for each class into nine handy, low-priced packages."
- Keyless class crates. Get a random cosmetic item for a class!
- Perfect Stranger Crate for the last few stranges they haven't released yet. Also a bunch of strange parts.
- Mouseover previews so you can see the things in crates.
- Disgaea-themed cosmetics.
- Minimal mode viewmodels.
Update notes pending.
Edited by nosoop, July 07 2016 - 03:25 PM.