HERO BALANCE UPDATES
Developer Comments: While Ana has been very well received, she was showing to be a little bit weaker overall. In addition to helping her feel better to play, these changes should also increase her healing and damage output.
- Rate of fire increased by 20%
- Magazine size increased from 8 to 10
Peacemaker (Primary Fire)
Peacemaker (Alternate Fire)
- Damage falloff range decreased by 10 meters
- Damage falloff amount is unchanged
- As a result, even with this change, McCree’s effective range is still higher than it was at launch
- Rate of fire increased by 15%
Developer Comments: McCree’s latest range increase helped him quite a bit, but it was a bit too much in the right hands. This change weakens his long range damage somewhat, but still keeps it stronger than it has been in the recent past. The other changes combine to allow him to land more alternate fire shots on targets that he has hit with Flashbang.
- Recovery time (i.e. the amount of time before McCree can fire again) decreased from 0.5 seconds to 0.35 seconds
- Targets of Ana’s Sleep Dart will no longer instantly recover when damaged (recovery time is now 0.5 seconds)
- Fixed UI compatibility issues for ATI cards
- Fixed a bug that would sometimes cause Lúcio, Mei, and other models to only partially render (or disappear)
Oh McCree, you sad sack of shit. Clearly Blizzard doesn't know what to do with you. Short-ranged tank-shredding DPS? Perhaps. No, maybe a long-ranged DPS sniper instead. No, perhaps not. Oh well. I imagine you'll be balanced yet again in the next patch.