• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Cedarbox

Cedarbox

Married to a skeleton. Platonically.

• Members
  • 3947 posts

Posted October 20 2016 - 03:08 PM

Introducing Nintendo Switch! In addition to providing single and multiplayer thrills at home, the Nintendo Switch system also enables gamers to play the same title wherever, whenever and with whomever they choose. The mobility of a handheld is now added to the power of a home gaming system to enable unprecedented new video game play styles.

Today Nintendo revealed their NX project, the Nintendo Switch. It looks like they're doing away with motion controls and doubling down on their tablet technology from the Wii U.

I like what I see. I think I might be picking one up next year.

There once was a kitty named Tomo
As famous on the Internet as Domo
But his face got all shitty
Because he's a bad kitty
And now he's washed up like Rivers Cuomo

#2 Ducky

Ducky

Supreme Duck Overlord

• Scrimmer
  • 3841 posts
  • Soldier, Engineer, Medic

Posted October 20 2016 - 03:34 PM

Still waiting on my two most important questions: release date and backwards compatibility. Because once the former is confirmed and the latter is a 'yes', only then can you have my money.

#3 Cedarbox

Cedarbox

• Members
  • 3947 posts

Posted October 20 2016 - 04:09 PM

I never had a Wii U, so backwards compatibility isn't as personally important. I would still like to see it though, it would be nice to be able to play some used Wii U games. I must have missed out on a lot of stuff.

Because he's a bad kitty

#4 DANGER_HIGH_VOLTAGE

DANGER_HIGH_VOLTAGE

Judgement!

• TF2 Admins
  • 5126 posts

Posted October 20 2016 - 04:18 PM

If Nintendo ties digital games to accounts instead of systems this will be perfect for me.

[insert pun here]

The Nom Master of Drowning! (Take my word for it.)
Tumblr

#5 Ducky

Ducky

Supreme Duck Overlord

• Scrimmer
  • 3841 posts

Posted October 20 2016 - 06:51 PM

If Nintendo ties digital games to accounts instead of systems this will be perfect for me.

That would only be perfect for me if they have bigger hard drives this time.

#6 Mahbonk

Mahbonk

I don't think so

• Scrimmer
  • 4605 posts
  • Scout, Soldier, Pyro, Demoman, Heavy, Medic, Spy

Posted October 21 2016 - 02:36 AM

That would only be perfect for me if they have bigger hard drives this time.

Please don't give it another 32GB Hard Drive. That was already bad enough with the WiiU, this will not help with the Switch.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#7 Cedarbox

Cedarbox

• Members
  • 3947 posts

Posted October 21 2016 - 04:00 AM

I'm hoping I can use it purely on the tablet. I don't own a TV and I'd rather not have to buy one just for this.

Because he's a bad kitty

#8 Cedarbox

Cedarbox

• Members
  • 3947 posts

Posted October 21 2016 - 07:54 PM

Famitsu reached out to Nintendo following yesterday’s Switch reveal and inquired about a few more details. One thing they asked about was backwards compatibility. As should be obvious given the lack of a disc drive on the Switch, Nintendo confirmed to Famitsu that the Switch would not be compatible with Wii U discs. They also confirmed that it will not be able to read 3DS game carts either. A form of digital backwards compatibility might still be possible, but if you want to play your physical Wii U and 3DS games, then you need to hang on to those consoles.

Because he's a bad kitty

#9 Ducky

Ducky

Supreme Duck Overlord

• Scrimmer
  • 3841 posts

Posted January 18 2017 - 09:29 PM

Apparently we're getting THREE different Fire Emblem games. FE Echoes, FE Heroes, and FE Warriors. Not sure which game is on which platform, but FE Warriors will be a Dynasty Warriors-esque game. FE Heroes seems to be some sort of mobile tower-defense game or some shit. And Echoes seems to be the ACTUAL entry in the series.

Now unless they announce another title for the franchise in the next few hours, that's probably it. I was actually hoping they'd hold off on another FE game because I'm still pretty fatigued about grinding the last OTP Simulator. Although if this one doesn't have that, I guess it's safe for me to ignore it.

#10 kingddd

kingddd

Dorky Avatar

• Members
  • 9351 posts

Posted January 19 2017 - 01:57 PM

FE echoes = 3DS game a remake of Gaiden

Fire Emblem Echoes is actually a subseries that might become a new thing where they are remaking older Fire Emblems into the new engines.  Similiar to how Pokemon does it.  The first one is Shadows of Valiant which is a remake of Fire Emblem Gaiden or 2.  Technically we got 2 other ones before with Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon and Fire Emblem Heroes of Light and Shadow which were Fire Emblem 1 and 3 remakes.

It is most likely an incentive to get people to play older titles now that FE13 has helped add a new install base that this was done to encourage others to play some of the older titles.  Not to mention the accessibility of the games officially are difficult to get.  Especially Fire Emblem 5.

Fire Emblem Heroes is the mobile app game coming out next month for iOS and Android.

Fire Emblem Warriors is for the new3DS and Switch.  Similiar to Hyrule Warriors.

Edited by kingddd, January 19 2017 - 02:00 PM.

yVRxnqJ.png

-------------------------------------------------

Youtube Channel

Steam Community

#11 Cedarbox

Cedarbox

• Members
  • 3947 posts

Posted January 20 2017 - 08:13 AM

I've since changed my feelings about the Switch, I'm significantly less enthusiastic because of news about hardware performance and the paid online. I still might end up getting one though. For Zelda and whatever version of Wii Fit the Switch gets.

I could see myself trying remakes of older Fire Emblem games, provided the art style is modernized. I really hate that early 90s anime art style of the older games.

Because he's a bad kitty

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users