Sign in to follow this  
Cedarbox

An Extreme Opinion

Now I have to warn you that this opinion is not for the faint of heart or those that have cardiac conditions. If you're pregnant, elderly or a pregnant elderly person with a cardiac condition, look away now. Brace yourself, this is difficult for some people to handle.

I am neutral about plr_hightower.

I dislike that a subculture grew around it on Valve servers and dedicated Hightower servers.

It makes for a bad impression if someone unfamiliar with Payload Race chooses to play and starts pushing the cart.

Helltower is objectively superior anyways

I had to google Hightower to remember what this level was.

I freaking LOVE that level. What's wrong with it?

I had to google Hightower to remember what this level was.

I freaking LOVE that level. What's wrong with it?

It has a reputation for being the 2fort of payload-ish maps, more or less. One joke I hear a lot is it's tdm_hightower instead of plr.

People complain about it being all snipers and trolling soldiers, but I think it's more an issue with the map size. There's no 'down time' or safe places to coordinate. Once you leave spawn, you're in the action immediately. Its design definitely works better for an event map where it's all about going out there and being crazy.

It has a reputation for being the 2fort of payload-ish maps, more or less. One joke I hear a lot is it's tdm_hightower instead of plr.

People complain about it being all snipers and trolling soldiers, but I think it's more an issue with the map size. There's no 'down time' or safe places to coordinate. Once you leave spawn, you're in the action immediately. Its design definitely works better for an event map where it's all about going out there and being crazy.

Never thought about it that way. But if it's the '2fort of payload', then I'm completely okay with that since 2fort is my favourite level.

I'm cool with 2fort. It's a flawed map, but it's fun.

I wonder just how much of an impact on gameplay a medium health and ammo pick up in the sinkroom would make...