Time to dust the forum off for old time's sake.
- New maps:
YetiMercenary Park, a Valve-created 3CP map.
- Steam Workshop additions: Lazarus (King of the Hill), Mossrock (Attack / Defend), Banana Bay (Payload Race), Enclosure (Payload), Brazil (King of the Hill). The first four maps were created as part of the Mayann community content pack. Technically, Mossrock is a Jungle-themed reskin of the author's Whiterock.
- New taunts.
- New campaign:
- 36 unique contracts. No more waiting for new contracts every day.
- Contracts are unlocked in a "tree" system, and rewards are visible.
- Friends' actions in your party / server count towards your contracts.
- Rewards include blood money (redeemable campaign credits) and war paints.
- War paints: Replacement for weapon skins. All campaign weapon drops and cases will be for paints instead. Includes Unusual and Stat Tracking variants. Old skins make a comeback as paints, as well.
- You can redeem war paints for weapons you don't even own (pictured in the Day 2 update page). Stock weapons are not available for redemption.
- Two new cosmetic cases.
- Pyro gets new weapons:
- The Dragon's Fury: Single-shot flamethrower. Consecutive hits reduce reload time and deal bonus damage.
- The Thermal Thruster: Jetpack that fires a short-duration blast. Deals 3x falling damage a-la Mantreads.
- The Gas Passer: Secondary gas canister that creates a flammable gas cloud that coats enemies, igniting into afterburn when enemies take damage (including Pyros).
- The Hot Hand: Glove that lets you gain a speed boost when hitting an enemy. Slaps are announced in the kill feed.
- Heavy gets a prize for losing:
- The Second Banana: A banana (consumable secondary) that replenishes half as much health as the Sandvich does, but also regenerates twice as fast.
- All these new weapons will have to be earned by completing six non-Campaign contracts to claim the new Pyro weapons, plus one contract for the Second Banana. These non-Campaign contracts are available without a purchase of the campaign pass.
Speculated, "Valve hasn't definitively confirmed any of the following" content:
- Saxton Hale voice lines. Possibly an official model packed into the game.
- Scream Fortress is quickly approaching, so we may be getting Halloween content only as an extra this year (similar to the Mecha Update superseding Australian Christmas).
Edited by nosoop, October 18 2017 - 03:55 PM.