Photo

Post your rants here! (no rants about other people here)

• Please log in to reply
22365 replies to this topic

#1 Fuzileer

Fuzileer

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted August 18 2009 - 08:00 AM

Every forum has one and I am in a really ranting mood. (Plus some people find pleasure out of people's misery, so here you go).

======

Thank you soooo much mr.queue-jumper for getting into the server before me! I mean, I was only waiting for the downloads in the server to finish when you clearly HAD to jump in and take my place - the download did take 5 minutes for some insane reason, but hey, thats cool! Thankyou so much to the other 3 people for queue-jumping me and getting into the server, despite me waiting for 20 minutes to get into the server to play for a round or two before going to work! That's right! I've spent over half of my break lining up and not getting into a server! Ad you know how I'll be spending the rest of my break?! Shower - food- walk to work! Yup! So thankyou "ye who shall not be named"s for assisting in my relaxing break! I shall be sure to slam a plate of food over the next complaining customer's head and procceed to force feed them hot, bubbling custard!

See you tomorow! 8D

#2 Mork

Mork

Resident Alien

• Scrimmer
  • 3430 posts

Posted August 18 2009 - 08:18 AM

cool! 8-)

why do these loaves of sliced bread come with twisty wire ties for packaging? :?: THEY SUCK! :x

%@#@^%!! takes me forever to undo them to make toast in the morning LOL! :evil: :lol:

#3 flashstorm

flashstorm

The Aboosed

• Scrimmer
  • 569 posts
  • Sniper

Posted August 18 2009 - 08:34 AM

Why the hell can't I get the hang of rocket jumping? I mean, I wanted all the tutorials, read all the guides, but I still can't get past most level 1s of jump maps. Even the basic ones! I can't even figure out how to do the basic distance jumps where you need to aim to your right and strafe for a second and blah blah blah... it hurts my head.

#4 pizzaroo1

pizzaroo1

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted August 18 2009 - 09:11 AM

I'm out of bacon I ate the last of it this morning I need bacon dammit.
THIS WILL BE MY SIG UNTIL I GET HUGS FROM EVERYONE <3

#5 kingcaustic

kingcaustic

The Man in Gauze

• Members
  • 1110 posts
  • Scout, Pyro, Demoman, Engineer, Medic

Posted August 18 2009 - 09:15 AM

LESS. SNIPERS.
we don't need 4, and even though you're at the bottom of the F'ing leaderboard, you still refuse to change class to something useful. (go medic, we probably need one)

4 pyros aren't going to get anything done about that sentry lockdown up there, switch class idiot.

quit huddling together in the stage 1 dustbowl tunnel, not only is it counter-productive to have your whole team sitting around doing essentially nothing (beside building a futile uber, while they build two of theirs and MORE engie buildings), it only gets you all killed faster when they send a heavy/demo/pyro through.

i still can't hit direct grenades on anyone (intentionally, atleast), not even w+m1's. so i tend to spam stickies alot, constantly mashing m1+m2 to clear rooms/areas out.
it works great but it feels a bit noobish i must say. probably why demo gets complaints about being OP.

the only times i ever land a direct grenade seems to be ultra lucky shots on scouts, and only scouts.
but it just makes it all the more satisfying to take down those quick-footed little runts with an indirect weapon. :D
Awesoma powa!

#6 Megamanstar774

Megamanstar774

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted August 18 2009 - 10:56 AM

Acctualy i trying to sell lot of old games i was playing at 9/8 years old. Also one good: splinter cell 1 and Cossacks:the art war but i think the others ones wont interrest you.
Maggots!!

#7 Mork

Mork

Resident Alien

• Scrimmer
  • 3430 posts

Posted August 18 2009 - 11:12 AM

what? :!:

Acctualy i trying to sell lot of old games i was playing at 9/8 years old. Also one good: splinter cell 1 and Cossacks:the art war but i think the others ones wont interrest you.

FAILED. that's not a rant. :(

try again. :lol:

#8 Fuzileer

Fuzileer

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted August 18 2009 - 01:33 PM

FOR F**** SAKE.
WHEN ITS NOT A FULL SERVER ITS MY AWFUL CONNECTION.

GUESS WHAT TALKTALK, YOU SUCK ASS. PIPEX WAS FAR BETTER. YOU'RE A JOKE. A FREAKIN' JOKE. I MANAGE TO FINALLY GET THE OPPORTUNITY TO PLAY AND YOU TOTTLE ON IN HERE WITH YOUR CROTCH BULGING THROUGH YOUR PANTS OF PRIDE AND START FARTING ALL OVER MY FACE. WELL GUESS WHAT, YOU'RE A MISTAKE. THAT'S RIGHT. YOU'RE THE MISTAKE OF A MOBILE PHONE COMPANY THAT HAD UNPROTECTED DISCUSSIONS WITH A SMALL UNSUCCESFUL IT FIRM, SQUIRTING YOU OUT OF THEIR DISEASED WOMB.

#9 Wraith

Wraith

Calcium Strength at his command

• Members
  • 806 posts

Posted August 18 2009 - 01:36 PM

1. GET ON THE GODDAMN CART OR POINT! Jesus Christ on a crutch, how many maps will I have to play where my team cannot comprehend that THE CART IS THE OBJECTIVE. NOT STAYING ALIVE. NOT KILLING THEM. THE CART. I am so goddamn sick of being one of like 3 people on our team who will actually guard or push the thing. so many times on a PL map I have been doing great as a spy or scout or other light fluffy class, but since no one else will do it I'm forced to throw my char against the cart just to keep BLU from winning. Then I inevitably die and get to watch BLU win, while four of my teammates are standing in a goddamn semicircle around the cart, firing at the enemies on it, WITHOUT EVEN TRYING TO TOUCH IT. arrrrrrrgh.

Just to be clear: I don't care about losing when my team just gets beat by skill or cleverness or just plain attrition. but when we lose because people don't understand the difference between "get on the cart" or "get on the point" and "stand sorta near it", it pisses me off. If my team gets =cleared off the cart=, that's an entirely different matter. but not if they don't even make an effort to touch it in the first place out of stupidity or because they were 'about to die' (they'll kill you in the humiliation round anyway genius).
Wraith: Please do not harass the female players.
Wraith: Unless it's hilarious. Then they make you an admin.

#10 Page Not Found

Page Not Found

Basically, a dead end.

• Members
  • 1066 posts

Posted August 18 2009 - 01:46 PM

RAGE!!!!?!?!? how do pyros always know where you're crouching as a spy, and spychecker right then
Just a small town URL, living in a lonely world.

#11 Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe

A Real Arabian Hero!

• Scrimmer
  • 792 posts

Posted August 18 2009 - 03:18 PM

1. GET ON THE GODDAMN CART OR POINT! Jesus Christ on a crutch, how many maps will I have to play where my team cannot comprehend that THE CART IS THE OBJECTIVE. NOT STAYING ALIVE. NOT KILLING THEM. THE CART. I am so goddamn sick of being one of like 3 people on our team who will actually guard or push the thing. so many times on a PL map I have been doing great as a spy or scout or other light fluffy class, but since no one else will do it I'm forced to throw my char against the cart just to keep BLU from winning. Then I inevitably die and get to watch BLU win, while four of my teammates are standing in a goddamn semicircle around the cart, firing at the enemies on it, WITHOUT EVEN TRYING TO TOUCH IT. arrrrrrrgh.

Just to be clear: I don't care about losing when my team just gets beat by skill or cleverness or just plain attrition. but when we lose because people don't understand the difference between "get on the cart" or "get on the point" and "stand sorta near it", it pisses me off. If my team gets =cleared off the cart=, that's an entirely different matter. but not if they don't even make an effort to touch it in the first place out of stupidity or because they were 'about to die' (they'll kill you in the humiliation round anyway genius).

Oh man, I am right there with you. It seems that when I am playing my usual Heavy and either defending the cart or pushing it, everyone stays clear of it and leaves me to defend it by myself. A good example is the final point on Frontier where the snipers/engineers/soldiers line that walkway and just shoot down below. As the cart is going past them and I am waiting to respawn, they just sit there and look at it cross the line. All they have to do is just drop down on it and cause as much delay/mayhem as possible until the bigger classes come and back them up. :evil: That and people who never get on the cart when pushing, they tend to cower away from it like it will eat them for lunch or something. :lol: "Look at you tiny men, running from cart!" :twisted:
Posted Image

#12 Wraith

Wraith

Calcium Strength at his command

• Members
  • 806 posts

Posted August 18 2009 - 03:44 PM

Oh man, I am right there with you. It seems that when I am playing my usual Heavy and either defending the cart or pushing it, everyone stays clear of it and leaves me to defend it by myself. A good example is the final point on Frontier where the snipers/engineers/soldiers line that walkway and just shoot down below. As the cart is going past them and I am waiting to respawn, they just sit there and look at it cross the line. All they have to do is just drop down on it and cause as much delay/mayhem as possible until the bigger classes come and back them up. :evil: That and people who never get on the cart when pushing, they tend to cower away from it like it will eat them for lunch or something. :lol: "Look at you tiny men, running from cart!" :twisted:

yeah, frontier is one of the worst for this (athough I love the map), so many times BLU wins while there are 3 snipers and 2 engineers on RED just standing on that walkway between the spawns, completely ignoring the BLUs pushing to victory directly beneath them. or on offense, there will be 3 BLUs fighting within a few feet of the cart but not pushing it, even after they dispatch their enemies. the 'self preservation' thing especially gets on my nerves; unless you're in a position to do something particularly important like taking out a sentry camp, it's worth more than your life to move the cart a few inches, or even just tap it so it doesn't move backwards.
Wraith: Please do not harass the female players.
Wraith: Unless it's hilarious. Then they make you an admin.

#13 Page Not Found

Page Not Found

Basically, a dead end.

• Members
  • 1066 posts

Posted August 18 2009 - 03:51 PM

THE CART FREAKING HEALS YOU!! JUST CROUCH BEHIND IT AND YOUR TEAM CAN MOVE UP TO ASSIST!!!

#14 Conficker

Conficker

im back

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • Minecraft:Antharyx
  • Soldier, Pyro, Demoman, Sniper

Posted August 18 2009 - 04:02 PM

WE ARE ON OFFENSE, WE DONT NEED 3 ENGINEERS!!!

#15 Lemming

Lemming

W+M1 Pyro Mage

• Administrators
  • 2413 posts

Posted August 18 2009 - 04:04 PM

AMBUSH FAILED!
"Shit! Better get out of here. Ok, if I get through that door, I'm good."
*runs backwards while flaming to appear as scary as possible*
"Wait. Why am I not moving?! They're catching up!"
*turns around and sees a small piece of wood sticking out from the wall*
"Don't tell me I got caught on that! That's smaller than a.."
*dies from several rockets/shotgun blasts/etc.*
Metasheep.com
Flikr page

♫ 99 little bugs in the code,
99 bugs in the code
We fix a bug, compile it again
101 little bugs in the code ♫

The problem with the bleeding edge of technology is that it bleeds all over you and causes bugs.

FlamingDonut: and i dont even have balls

My boss: It comes down to etiquette and lasers.

FlamingDonut141: found a fancy dress...

#16 Page Not Found

Page Not Found

Basically, a dead end.

• Members
  • 1066 posts

Posted August 18 2009 - 04:08 PM

Ah lemming...hero defeated by a poor static object sizing system, or is it just lazy developers?

#17 OrangeL

OrangeL

I edit every post I make

• Administrators
  • 2937 posts

Posted August 18 2009 - 04:28 PM

STOP DYING TIGER!

#18 strangemodule

strangemodule

Ask me about Map Making!

• Scrimmer
  • 2975 posts

Posted August 18 2009 - 05:17 PM

Begin emo rant.

Alright, so I'm in a full server, 31 other highly-energetic peeps laughing and cursing and generally making the server a party. It's like the most awesome-ist place to be. Then...why do I feel so alone?

Maybe it's because everyone else has a friend, someone to buddy up with and co-op with and generally have fun with...sure I have plenty of steam friends, but those are steam friends, doesn't mean they are friends in the truest sense of the word.

Everyone has a buddy, and sometimes I feel like I do, but...I dunno, it doesn't feel like I do. Even if I made the most awesome uber rush ever that turned the game from near losing to a steamroll, I'd be forgotten about after next round's setup.

I could speak up and try to mingle, but what do I really have to say? No one has anything in common with me, except liking TF2. Any friends I do attempt to bring on the server end up not liking it and not wanting to come back.

So for now, I am alone.

/emo rant (no jokes about slashing wrists intended).
"Bonking through the gate is like attempted murder. It doesn't matter if you hit anyone, the point is that you still need to get kicked." - celestial_okami
Posted Image | Posted Image | Posted Image | Posted Image
Need any mapping help? Click here!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Click here for my backpack!

#19 Odd!x

Odd!x

Big Poster

• Members
  • 477 posts

Posted August 18 2009 - 05:28 PM

when we lose because people don't understand the difference between "get on the cart" or "get on the point" and "stand sorta near it", it pisses me off.

standing near the point does nothing! GET ON ZE POINT, DUMKOFF

:lol:
I LIVE ON THE EDGE!
though it is a rather blunt edge with spots of even footing, and a cafe every now and then.

#20 flashstorm

flashstorm

The Aboosed

• Scrimmer
  • 569 posts
  • Sniper

Posted August 18 2009 - 06:16 PM

STOP STABBING ME!!!!!

Yeah, that's pretty much it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users