Photo

Post your rants here! (no rants about other people here)

• Please log in to reply
22364 replies to this topic

#41 kingcaustic

kingcaustic

The Man in Gauze

• Members
  • 1110 posts
  • Scout, Pyro, Demoman, Engineer, Medic

Posted August 21 2009 - 06:05 PM

PYROS: i hate them for stupid spamming

Sorry, not all pyros can be youtube heroes like Don Newman or Huey Lewis.
Awesoma powa!

#42 emeraldscorpion90

emeraldscorpion90

SEE?

• TF2 Admins
  • 2907 posts

Posted August 21 2009 - 06:08 PM

People who constantly complain about ____ class. I hates them. :P
Trades.
My backpack.
Tactically Inane Tower Squad (Minecraft)

EA's marketing is a jock running up to you and punching you in the dick for not playing the latest Medal of Honour. It doesn't matter if you play it anyway, you still got punched in the dick.

Oh god they fly and have ass lasers.

#43 Duke429

Duke429

Dukey

• Members
  • 652 posts
  • Soldier, Pyro, Demoman, Heavy, Medic, Spy

Posted August 21 2009 - 06:11 PM

Sorry, not all pyros can be youtube heroes like Don Newman or Huey Lewis.

:cry: Don Newman is my inspiration for being a pyro. I've only ever gotten reflect headshots (specifically headshots, not just arrow reflects) three times and watching the Aggravation video again made me feel inadequate. In all honesty, I can pull off Huey-stuff and SOME Don-stuff, but I always feel bad watching that video. I must say though, pulling a jarate reflect today made me feel quite good.

Edit: Quote's pretty much useless...it just reminded me of that.
"Ah the internet. What a wonderful land of fantasy and mind fucks."

#44 kingcaustic

kingcaustic

The Man in Gauze

• Members
  • 1110 posts

Posted August 21 2009 - 06:16 PM

Hey that's fine man, didn't mean any offense. ;)
Just saying that alot of people who complain about the pyro seem to think that all pyros should be super skilled badasses like those two. :)

Pyro is my 3rd played class, I know when to use my axe and shotgun and I don't try pulling off any of that skilled stuff unless it's necessary.
Get in, do some raw damage, get out, do it again.
Awesoma powa!

#45 Duke429

Duke429

Dukey

• Members
  • 652 posts
  • Soldier, Pyro, Demoman, Heavy, Medic, Spy

Posted August 21 2009 - 06:26 PM

I balance myself between raw damage and pulling crazy shit off (arrows and rockets <3) but sometimes I cross those two and die (sometimes in a seemingly retarded way) which usually erupts in "WTF was that?!" taunts from my spec-ing teammates *looks at Whale*. Apparently, I'm one of the few people on the server who can reflect sentry rockets and kill something with them (enemies or the sentry itself). That always comes to my mind whenever I'm criticized for momentarily fucking up, but I try to remain humble (which really is taking this rant in a weird direction) so I just take the insults.
"Ah the internet. What a wonderful land of fantasy and mind fucks."

#46 Mork

Mork

Resident Alien

• Scrimmer
  • 3334 posts

Posted August 23 2009 - 05:37 PM

fluke! overrated 1st round pick! no heart! :x

OMG, i never wished ill on a 49er before this guy... :evil:

ALEX SMITH MUST DIE!!!11 :x

quit now while it's pre-season you bastard!

YOU SUCK SWEAT OFF A DEAD MAN'S BALLZ!! :evil:

#47 flashstorm

flashstorm

The Aboosed

• Scrimmer
  • 569 posts
  • Sniper

Posted August 23 2009 - 07:09 PM

STOP TAUNTKILLING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:(

#48 Sammyroc

Sammyroc

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted August 23 2009 - 09:56 PM

WHY THE FUCK MUST THE SERVER BE SO POPULAR? OTHER PEOPLE WANT TO PLAY TOO!!!! EOFHOEHPEPAHPEAWIHAWHOWHOPAHWHAHOPOCAPSLOCKISMYFRIENDINTIMESOFRAGE. I also hate it that I've supposedly been banned for Reason:Other while playing only to be rejoin the server later, be able to play, and then tell me that I've been banned again later!

#49 WhaleRocket

WhaleRocket

Quite a dick

• Scrimmer
  • 185 posts
  • Soldier, Demoman, Engineer, Medic

Posted August 23 2009 - 10:41 PM

Pyros who think they don't fit the stereotype. You know you w+m1 you know you do but you think you're special because you airblast, and occasionally switch to your secondary or axe. Most of your kills are afterburn after you're dead in the first place. Not that you aren't credit to team for your fire, I wouldn't say that. But thinking a drunk monkey couldn't play pyro well is ridiculous.

That was for Duke. Most reflects are luck anyway.

#50 Wraith

Wraith

Calcium Strength at his command

• Members
  • 806 posts

Posted August 24 2009 - 01:06 AM

This isn't really a rant persay but something I'd just like to gripe about.

I prefer defending on attack/defend maps to offense. but If you win, you get switched to offense. Likewise, the better you play (the fewer caps/checkpoints you give up), the shorter the round is and the quicker you get switched. The only way to repeatedly defend is to lose (and only on multi-stage maps). And if you win on offense, you just go right on to the next stage of the map, still on offense. Sometimes there's the option to switch teams, but not always (short of idling in spec waiting for someone to join or even worse forcing an auto-balance), and most of the time I don't want to switch anyway. Bugs me :/
Wraith: Please do not harass the female players.
Wraith: Unless it's hilarious. Then they make you an admin.

#51 denmax

denmax

Big Poster

• Members
  • 576 posts

Posted August 24 2009 - 06:00 AM

I can't understand why people rant about Pyros and Backburners.. And Whale is right, Pyros are usually W+M1 since they have no choice when they try to attack without using the backdoor.

Either you're complaining because you fall victim of it, or you see most newbies using it.

You may have not seen me switch Throwers sometimes but I do.

Let's just say:

STOP THE COMPLAINING ABOUT PYROS AND ITEMS! IF YOU THINK IT SUX THAT MEANS YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO USE IT THAT EFFECTIVELY

It's just like Sandman. Teh 75% thing is just IMBA already. I stun people to avoid getting myself killed while trying to kill something that's not stunned (Medic pairs anyone? Or those spots with a Pyro and another dude sitting near him?).

Backburner is well at, well, backburning. They are supposed to be annoying like FaN, but they are effective at pissing you off now are they? Look, the Backburner's job is to make you angry because of backdoors and now people say "OMIGOSH BACKBURNER SUX LIKE T3H SHIT". I could clearly say you suck more for falling victim of it. Look at Lemming (and not Cluster - she's not that hard to kill and dominate :/), he's doing well with it cuz he knows how to use it.

FaN? Knockback is just annoying, yes, but scoots are supposed to be. They are not killers, they are itty bitty tiny midgets that hinder you from going on by annoying you like hell.

Razorback.. If you have fast reaction and and are a Machete ninja then this is very useful while Jarate is less since you won't be needing it in killing things if you're skilled with the machete. Razor is to persuade Soys (with an O) to shoot you, giving you actual time to go kill 'em with a machete. If you can't then it's either you just looked at the scope too long or he got extremely lucky. I've backstabbed flashy a number of times cuz he has Jarate and shot him with my revolver since he looks very long at his scope. Let's just say try to prevent that when you have Razor and you will be a very effective Sniper with it (but not with Hunts, that's just bad!).

I can't support BONK since I never used it, but I'm sure there is some use to it.

I'm just trying to imply that you shouldn't start complaining about anything because you're annoyed of it or you don't know how to use it that well. It's really annoying in since it practically pops out more than 5 times in a day, in mic or not..

#52 flashstorm

flashstorm

The Aboosed

• Scrimmer
  • 569 posts
  • Sniper

Posted August 24 2009 - 06:16 AM

I used to be an exclusive razorback sniper, and quite a few times it has saved me from certain death from revolver spies. I usually have enough time to turn around and machette them, or more likely turn around and quickscope them, since in my experience it is too difficult to get the two machette hits before the spy gets his three revolver shots. That's changed for two reasons though. The first reason is that most spies are ambassador wielders, and I have never successfully killed a spy after they headshot me. The second reason is that, the more I play, the more I am able to figure out how long I can stay scoped before I should turn around and check for spies. Because of this, I am finding more and more spies before they are able to backstab me, and when I do having jarate makes it so much easier to kill them by removing their ability to cloak. Not to mention the added ability to be able to throw it over a crowd of people for a ton of assists and credit-to-teamness. Now, the only time I use razorback is when I'm in a remote location, very far away from my team, where I need to stay scoped for long periods of time in order to get effective shots.

#53 Colonel Carnotaurus

Colonel Carnotaurus

I post a lot!

• Members
  • 955 posts
  • Pyro

Posted August 25 2009 - 10:09 AM

STOP IDLING! D:

I logged onto Steam in the morning to find all my buddies playing Team Fortress 2.
Oh how excited I was to get on the server and bug them! 8D

But as I chose my class, I noticed an ominous silence hanging about the lovely server...

They're all idling.
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-
GameFreakerZero [Nom]: AND COLONEL, YOU'RE THE ONLY LOLI FOR ME I SWEAR

#54 Stratos

Stratos

Employed

• Members
  • 2516 posts
  • Minecraft:Quantania
  • Scout, Soldier, Demoman, Heavy, Engineer, Medic

Posted August 25 2009 - 03:10 PM

I hate high pings

I hate FaN Fags

I hate persistent twats who keeps on attempting to build a sentry at the same spot 4 times even when they are fully aware that it WILL be destroyed before it can even point it's barrel at someone.

And I hate twats that don't whip out their melee weapons when I'm running towards them with my bat.
This isn't the signature you're looking for.

#55 Lemming

Lemming

W+M1 Pyro Mage

• Administrators
  • 2409 posts

Posted August 25 2009 - 04:16 PM

And I hate twats that don't whip out their melee weapons when I'm running towards them with my bat.

I love roasting people who think that just because they have out a melee weapon, I should pull out mine. :lol:
Metasheep.com
Flikr page

♫ 99 little bugs in the code,
99 bugs in the code
We fix a bug, compile it again
101 little bugs in the code ♫

The problem with the bleeding edge of technology is that it bleeds all over you and causes bugs.

FlamingDonut: and i dont even have balls

My boss: It comes down to etiquette and lasers.

FlamingDonut141: found a fancy dress...

#56 kingcaustic

kingcaustic

The Man in Gauze

• Members
  • 1110 posts

Posted August 25 2009 - 08:32 PM

I hate FaN Fags

I used to rage about the FAN and Sandman until I picked up Scout recently and found out how much fun it is to use those weapons.
You get a real sense of power when you take down a Heavy with full health in 3 shots. :D
Awesoma powa!

#57 HappyMaskSalesman

HappyMaskSalesman

Big Poster

• Banned
  • 312 posts

Posted August 25 2009 - 11:32 PM

Okay, time to go all Francis style.

I hate...FaN, m1s, ctf, crits, fighting anyone with over 130 ping and micspam. But worst of all of my hates are

bodyshots they do too much damage and prevent new snipers from learning that headshots = better. they also prevent teammates from moving out of bad places because you can escape a headshot all you want with CTRL+space spam - there's no way to escape a single click from 400 feet away. I sincerely apologize for every bodyshot I make because they're often UNDESERVED KILLS that make me feel incredibly cheap. The only way I'll ever accept them is if I see a shimmering spy cloak or a disguised spy, because their hitboxes don't match the model and there's no guarantee it will be a HS. As well, when it would cost me a loss to miss a headshot - a fully ubered medic or something similar that's about to pop it. I just can't go all perfectionist when he's about to help kill a sentry and 4 people.

FYI I'm talking about the charged bodyshots, not noscopes - i use those on demomen after they've stickyjumped. I rarely have a 100% charge anyhow, unless it's obvious something's coming around the corner or I'm edging a sentry

#58 denmax

denmax

Big Poster

• Members
  • 576 posts

Posted August 26 2009 - 12:19 AM

bodyshots

I guess you've experience being in my crosshair already as Sniper. I bodyshot in Sniper wars. It's either they shoot me with 100% charge first or not. I also hit those "too fast" ones with bodyshot.

But I just usually do bodyshot if I know the guy's already injured. I just don't see why this is very bad.

Headshot = Better, but bodyshots also do help.

Anyway, it is opinon, and you could rant me anytime you want in game and in the forum.

Shalom

#59 flashstorm

flashstorm

The Aboosed

• Scrimmer
  • 569 posts
  • Sniper

Posted August 26 2009 - 04:22 AM

I myself am a huge proponent of bodyshots. They only kill five classes. Two of them are usually too difficult to headshot, the spy and the scout, so it's nice to be able to have an answer to them. Bodyshots make sniper wars quicker and easier to end, which frees up whichever sniper wins to be more credit to team. I don't like the fact that they can efficiently kill engineers, though it's so rare that I bodyshot engineers because they're usually hiding behind their sentry's hitbox or not enough of a priority for me to compromise my shots trying to target them. I do not like that they kill Medics, but you usually have to be lucky (thanks to varying damage) to actually be able to off them, and their slightly increased speed and their dodging in and out of cover make them surprisingly difficult to hit anyway. Whenever I hit a medic, it's usually a headshot anyway since I don't like the unreliability.

#60 Wraith

Wraith

Calcium Strength at his command

• Members
  • 806 posts

Posted August 26 2009 - 05:30 AM

Virtually all of my bodyshots are just headshots that missed :lol:
Wraith: Please do not harass the female players.
Wraith: Unless it's hilarious. Then they make you an admin.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users