Sign in to follow this  
Fuzileer

Post your rants here! (no rants about other people here)

Rant 1

Airblasting pyros.

I've done airblasting before I saw any of Don's or Lewis's stuff and before it became a fad on this server. It's hard to get to their level, but it does take practice. That does not excuse the random airblasts that happen every time regardless of class. I was actually airblasted to safety... as a spy. Then there are those dumb pyros that suddenly stop fighting and dance in front of a soldier because they think he's going to fire a rocket.

If you're going to airblast, do it efficiently ffs. Incorporate it while you're spewing flames or something.

So, currently, no pyro can airblast on this server.

Rant 2

Use your goddamn head when playing.

1. If you're a scout, don't fire your pistol at a heavy who is being healed by a medic. Just... why?

2. Let me sap the sentry before you rush in. Don't rush in as I'm about to. I'll end up taking a rocket to the face.

3. I'm rushing for a health pack and you see me, but you still take the health pack when you're being healed or you don't really need it.

4. Stop taking my metal.

5. Who the hell put 2fort on rotation.

To be continued.

WARNING: WALL OF TEXT APPROACHING:

Well, to start, let me say this:

Rage is a very annoying emotion that is hard to shake off and can be easily started

(At least for me in TF2). So with that out of the way, here is the rant:

So, playing TF2 should be a great way to unwind ( REALLY? VIDYA GAEMS RNT' FUR UHNWINDAN PEENCEL!11 DEYS FUR B3ING UB3R L33T AT AH GAEM!) Well, a video game should never cause stress or rage (Unless you're playing Battletoads) especially online games such as TF2. So, why is it possible to feel those emotions on TF2? For me: People that are too good or people that are hacking and no one else sees this. If you look at my hackers rant on the TF2 part of the forums, you'll see that I always run into hackers, however, on the nom nom nom server, these are never around, but you're probably thinking (H0W DOSE 1 RAEG IN NMO NOM OMN?1///? DERE NU AHCKERS!!!!1112) Well, there are a lot of people who are very good if not great at TF2, but there is some limits to this. For example: Today, I was playing Frontier on Defense (Something I don't normally do) and we put up a good fight. We probably would have done better if some people on the other team weren't so amazing at that game they would steamroll the entire team (Or at least me). There were also times where I would hide behind a wall and someone (Not saying who) would always find me behind a wall and would kill me without letting me leave. I figured this to be bad luck, but this happened about 6 or 7 times. And by then, you have to wonder (What the hell is going on?). Well, that's how I (And maybe a lot of people although they don't show it) rage and get frustrated at TF2. Unfortunately, this happens a lot and it can get frustrating enough to want to stack teams. So no wonder why I ragequit so often and I hope I'm not the only one that does this.

THIS CONCLUDES THE WALL OF TEXT, YOU MAY NOW CARRY ON WITH YOUR LIVES

Rant 1

Airblasting pyros.

I've done airblasting before I saw any of Don's or Lewis's stuff and before it became a fad on this server. It's hard to get to their level, but it does take practice. That does not excuse the random airblasts that happen every time regardless of class. I was actually airblasted to safety... as a spy. Then there are those dumb pyros that suddenly stop fighting and dance in front of a soldier because they think he's going to fire a rocket.

If you're going to airblast, do it efficiently ffs. Incorporate it while you're spewing flames or something.

So, currently, no pyro can airblast on this server.

I like how I fit all of those stereotypes. :)

I'm not exactly sure how it's a "fad", though.

Dear Pyros.

I understand that you want to get that jittery bastard of a scout, I really do, there's nothin quite like hearin a Scout scream "Fire, fire, fire!" but when he is out of range of your flamethrower, either give up or WHIP OUT YER GOD DAMN SHOTTY/FLARE GUN!

Also, if the enemy is on the point, please don't stand of in the fuckin sunset and fire from there (unless yer a sniper) Get on the point as well and shoot them, yer aim improves, damage rises and it stops the actual capping. The amount of times I've seen the game won because the person can't aim for shit nor shite yet still refuses to block dat shit is unimaginable.

Know why they call it Team Fortress? Cause we're a team. That means you help each other. If Im trying to hold back the tide, do not run of to get a cheap point against that spycrab, join the line and return fire.

Well done, you've managed to dominate someone, its something to be proud of, but for the love of god, don't gloat about it. You have become the most annoying person in the game now, waving yer e-penis about. Most the time, its become you have done a lick of damage and someone else has done the rest of the leg work.

There's prob more I hate, but Ill cross that splintery bridge when I come to it.

^Being very general, you're not the only one who fits into that. Although, you should break out of that at some point because it's not a good thing obviously.

I call it a "fad" because every pyro is doing it even though most aren't showing dedication to it. Most pyros are relying heavily on luck since their predictions are off. Way off. Abusing airblasts when they aren't necessary at all, focusing all their attention on a soldier's rocket (or any projectile really) that they don't hear a dead ringer spy uncloaking behind them, their sole attack on a projectile based class at point blank range becomes m2, and etc. At one point a pyro could have rushed at me and killed me because I had low health but the pyro was so intent on getting a reflect kill that he ended up dieing right after a failed airblast.

It pisses me off because I can airblast. I've reflected stickies, rockets, arrows, baseballs, flares, and nades. Heck, I can even CB-jump. Yet, I never boast about it (I hate that I'm even mentioning this). So, when I see pyros that reflect based on luck and they begin acting like it's skill I get pissed off.

Pretty soon the only reason why most pyros airblast is so that they can get an ego boost for every reflect kill.

I just feel so mixed about this. I'd love for there to be more skilled pyros out there, but it's breeding arrogance based on luck. If you know it's luck don't be arrogant and post videos of that sole moment like some people have done. In fact, don't be arrogant at all. Yes, the way to becoming a good pyro starts with predicting when a projectile will reach you, but don't be arrogant when you do get reflect kills.

I'd love to say more or edit what I've said, but I'm at the point where I'm starting to reach a dispassionate loathing for this sort of thing.

Why the fuck are the different time zones existing!!!!

I know, I know,there are some reasons :P, but since Im european, and most of my buddys are not, it sucks!!!

When Im on, they are tired, or even asleep....

I never meet most of you guys because of that >:(

Why the fuck are the different time zones existing!!!!

I know, I know,there are some reasons :P, but since Im european, and most of my buddys are not, it sucks!!!

When Im on, they are tired, or even asleep....

I never meet most of you guys because of that >:(

Erh, Tiger does exist ya know?

And I have school, so maybe that's why you can't see me. Also, Javy's on Austria so I guess you could play with her..

FUCKING ASS TF2 KEEPS FREEZING WHEN I JOIN THE SERVER OR AT HUMILIATION ROUND. WHAT THE FUCKING HELL IS WRONG WITH MY COMPUTER?

AND WHY IS ROCKETJUMPING SO DAMN HARD?! I CAN NEVER ROCKETJUMP PROPERLY!

I could post reams and reams of shit about how the Backburner is still a kredit wepon, but it seems BB users are the one type of player allowed to be universally scorned by the TF2 community.

Sorry pal, I can't be one of those youtube heroes like Don Newman.

So never mind me. Keep bitching about how I didn't puff you out that one time.

I'll be over here, taking down that incoming Heavy/Medic pair in a second flat.

Or obliterating everyone on the kart/point and taking out entire chunks of the enemy team in one critical sweep.

My ping rarely allows for reflects anyway.

Dear Colonel, I will NEVER quit UBERING YOU!

So quit trying to escape my medigun's crosshairs and run straight into a sentry nest.

It seems she perform better with uber, maybe she'll know that sometime...

WHY WON'T PEOPLE POST FASTER!? DON'T YOU KNOW I RELY ON THIS COMMUNITY FOR MY ENTERTAINMENT!?

<3 :lol:

Okay people have been up my ass for a while about the Backburner usage, so here it goes:

Shut the fuck up. 8D

No, seriously, shut the fuck up.

There are medics, dispensers, and medipacks littered around the map to put you out, and you're pissed because a few pyros can't do the same thing?

And boo-hoo if I can't reflect rockets. How many people have actually killed someone / died from that? Airblasting chews up ammo anyway, so by the time I finally (if it actually happens) hit a soldier with his own rocket, I'll be face to face with all his little buddies, and probably out of ammo or dangerously low on it.

Backburner is only for quick kills, yeah. But that can be very credit to team.

Like taking down a fully charged medic and his Heavy buddy. Go ahead, try and backburn this terrible twosome with the regular flamethrower, chances are you'll only make a little scratch. And if by some means you manage to put a fair dent in their health, then they still have an uber to prolong their life and go on to crush your teammates.

Now let's try the backburner. I've ambushed a fully charged ready-to-uber medic and heavy before they could even consider deploying their uber.

Or maybe taking out the entire fucking team.

Yeah, I've done it. Or at least gotten most of them. Nothing feels better than mowing down 6 or 7 enemies at once and then finding a medipack to do it again.

I've done it.

Not with the regular flamethrower though.

I'm not saying the regular flamethrower is shit. I'm saying that both weapons have their ups and downs and should be used by people who use tactics to fit them.

I, Colonel Clusterfuck, am a ninja pyro. I do it from behind. I'm a general pain in the ass to the enemy team, and kill them quicker. I use a backburner.

Colonel Whatshisnuts stays by his team on fire patrol, making sure all his buddies are safe from enemy pyros, while burning enemies here and there and juggling a few ubers every now and then. He uses the flamethrower.

Ho'boy that's quite a wall of text there....

Okay people have been up my ass for a while about the Backburner usage, so here it goes:

Shut the fuck up. 8D

There are medics, dispensers, and medipacks littered around the map to put you out, and you're pissed because a few pyros can't do the same thing?

And boo-hoo if I can't reflect rockets. How many people have actually killed someone / died from that? Airblasting chews up ammo anyway, so by the time I finally (if it actually happens) hit a soldier with his own rocket, I'll be face to face with all his little buddies, and probably out of ammo or dangerously low on it.

Like taking down a fully charged medic and his Heavy buddy. Go ahead, try and backburn this terrible twosome with the regular flamethrower, chances are you'll only make a little scratch. And if by some means you manage to put a fair dent in their health, then they still have an uber to prolong their life and go on to crush your teammates.

Now let's try the backburner. I've ambushed a fully charged ready-to-uber medic and heavy before they could even consider deploying their uber.

Yeah, I've done it. Or at least gotten most of them. Nothing feels better than mowing down 6 or 7 enemies at once and then finding a medipack to do it again.

I've done it.

I'm not saying the regular flamethrower is shit. I'm saying that both weapons have their ups and downs and should be used by people who use tactics to fit them.

I, Colonel Clusterfuck, am a ninja pyro. I do it from behind. I'm a general pain in the ass to the enemy team, and kill them quicker. I use a backburner.

Colonel Whatshisnuts stays by his team on fire patrol, making sure all his buddies are safe from enemy pyros, while burning enemies here and there and juggling a few ubers every now and then. He uses the flamethrower.

Someone actually complained about you using the Backburner?

But I think people just get pissed of Backburner Pyros on a defend map if they are on defense. It's hard to ninja since everyone on the attacking side are trying to ninja but I've got some Backburner adventures and the Backburner's not bad AT ALL.

People are just to stupid to figure out the use of some of the unlockables..

Shut the fuck up. 8D

I've done it.

But I think people just get pissed of Backburner Pyros on a defend map if they are on defense. It's hard to ninja since everyone on the attacking side are trying to ninja but I've got some Backburner adventures and the Backburner's not bad AT ALL.

Yay someone who agrees with my viewpoint. It's ridiculously hard to find people that don't just rip on the Backburner completely. Most who don't, usually don't know how to use it.

Shut the fuck up. 8D

I've done it.

Yay someone who agrees with my viewpoint. It's ridiculously hard to find people that don't just rip on the Backburner completely. Most who don't, usually don't know how to use it.

I thought people hate getting owned 5 or 6 times by one weapon, every kill, same person. Yes, I do hate this situation, and I try to change classes, but the same person still dominates me.

The back burner, is quite different. I used the backburner. It was quite good (until Valve did it's 'idler-detector' scheme).

It works well on Payload maps as the attackers. See them near the cart, screw them all up.

And pryos do that to me....near health-kits and ammo! :P

Also, people hardly try other classes. It's awful when someone doesn't press the key used to show the scoreboard and see "What classes are on my team?" I liked the Sniper class. I tried it, but I got bored of it, so to balance it out, I tried the pyro, then the soldier, and others....and now my two favorite classes are the Soldier and the Sniper.

Also, people hardly try other classes. It's awful when someone doesn't press the key used to show the scoreboard and see "What classes are on my team?" I liked the Sniper class. I tried it, but I got bored of it, so to balance it out, I tried the pyro, then the soldier, and others....and now my two favorite classes are the Soldier and the Sniper.

Yeah, I hate when people do that too. I'm proud of the fact that I'm competent with every class, though some more than others. I used to love Scout and Pyro, but after a while it gets kinda boring, so I switched it up. Now I hardly ever use them and play more Demo/Soldier/Medic/Spy.

They only see it as a flamethrower without the airblast instead of a 6 foot backstabbing claymore it really is. To them, it's only about cool reflect kills and juggling people.

To them, I say "Bah Humbug." I use my pyro magic to appear out of nowhere and flamestab people. I circle strafe around heavies and soldiers. I run along side faster classes, firing at an angle ahead of them so my rainbows of happiness hit their mark. Anyone who complains about my backburner is only fuel for my rainbows.

They only see it as a flamethrower without the airblast instead of a 6 foot backstabbing claymore it really is. To them, it's only about cool reflect kills and juggling people.

To them, I say "Bah Humbug." I use my pyro magic to appear out of nowhere and flamestab people. I circle strafe around heavies and soldiers. I run along side faster classes, firing at an angle ahead of them so my rainbows of happiness hit their mark. Anyone who complains about my backburner is only fuel for my rainbows.

Agreed.

Except the raindbows part. Mine are flaming cookies.. :3

i don't even have the back burner yet D':

Better pray you'll get it soon. It's an awesome weapon! (Seriously)

Looking at Colonel's rant, I think I'm gonna abandon my Flamethrower...