Sign in to follow this  
Fuzileer

Post your rants here! (no rants about other people here)

All of this game dev discussion has gotten me worried about my own major/college currently. Right now stuck halfway through my Psychology major in a college in the middle of nowhere and it would be wasteful for me to switch major to Art. Even if I did the Art degree here is a joke (clump of all the major arts rather than any distinctions at all). Would be best if I could move and go to a more appropriate college but I don't have the money to. I wish I would have known I would be doing graphic arts years ago, then I could have made some more appropriate choices :(

All of this game dev discussion has gotten me worried about my own major/college currently. Right now stuck halfway through my Psychology major in a college in the middle of nowhere and it would be wasteful for me to switch major to Art. Even if I did the Art degree here is a joke (clump of all the major arts rather than any distinctions at all). Would be best if I could move and go to a more appropriate college but I don't have the money to. I wish I would have known I would be doing graphic arts years ago, then I could have made some more appropriate choices :(

Try to find other ways I say...maybe if you can put together an impressive portfolio you'll impress an employer. Don't give up hope! A degree is often shown to be 'the' way to get ahead in life, but with things like art you have portfolios to show of your work. If you can make it detailed and show a variety of work and the development of each idea, maybe an employer will be blown away by it, rather than by some degree.

/I don't know about these things but I'm trying to help :c

EDIT: Oh yeah a rant. I'm beginning to forget why I'm friends with certain people.

Edited by M. Chinchilla

Playing Pybro on ctf_doublecross defending the Intel and the Engineers stuff. See an enemy spy cloak and the recloak in the room and hear the Engineer scream "There a spy creeping round here!". After that my screen freezes, resets itself and I see that my TF2 screen is black and a message that my display driver stopped working and reset. Spy sapping my monitor!

Posted Image

Oh god, not the Buildings and Intel! Not the Engie! D:

Came back and it didn't auto-disconnect me and everything was fine. Still scared me a bit.

fuck you, brothers. it's the first time after a long time that I can play xbox after being confined to my solitude place in my house where I can only use the computer and yet you want to use the place I'm using to see the movie. it doesn't matter there are at least 3 other ways to see a movie, you want to have a huge space for your fucking fat asses to just see a scary movie which will fucking scare you AGAIN and it will annoy the fuck out of me AGAIN. You just want to take my place, you just want to have the things I have. it doesn't matter if I've been out for three days, it has to be the day I visit that you start saying that I'm annoying and that playing 4 hours isn't good (while watching TV all day long is a-ok apparently). Can't you leave me alone? I was already pissed that my brother ate all the sushi even though he knows it's my favorite food and he fooled everyone into thinking I didn't want. You need my help? sorry I will be too busy not giving a fuck about you two the same way you do every single time I try to enjoy myself.

I'm supposed to be writing an essay on how psychology can be used in video games for school, which starts in 2 weeks. Huge, important essay. I have ideas and stuff, just I'm currently at a stop in procrastination station. UGH! And another film class I'm in starts on monday. I need more time. On top of that I need to read 1 and a half books and another essay.

Even if I did the Art degree here is a joke (clump of all the major arts rather than any distinctions at all).

this, but for my electrical/computer engineering.

i mean, hell if you go into this major, you`ll learn more towards the electrical aspect than the digital.

AND IF I DO GO INTO IT, I WANNA AIM FOR A DEGREE TOWARDS SOFTWARE ENGINEERING

fuck, i should have thought my college choices over.

sigh...at least i`m starting college in 3-4 weeks...-.-

Talk too much, and I end up getting invited to a shoutcaster group.

Next day, talk too much, and I end up getting shunned for the rest of the day.

Curiosity sure killed this cat...

Fucking George R.R. Martin (book 2 spoilers(yeah I'm only on book two, shut up)):

What a fucking shitty way to kill off Renly. I know Martin enjoys killing off his characters, but a shadow? Really? Fuck, he was at least an enjoyable character to read about and you killed him in such a god-damn anti-climactic way. SO MUCH RAGE ABOUT THIS

Though, I'm hoping there will be some REALLY good reason why it happened the way it did and full vengeance will be wrought.

CHINA

WHY U NO YOUTUBE AND FACEBOOK

Also, I'm stuck in the worst hotel we've been in for the entire trip with a sore... well, digestive system, as well as chills and no appetite. I really hope that this is just a 24-hour thing... *sigh*, 5 or 6 more days to go...

10 hours back I tried to install half life 2 episode 2 and it says the server is too busy to handle my request. Okay I get it

And now 15:16, I tried to install it again. BUT NOPE STILL TO BUSY TO HANDLE ME REQUEST

WHAT

THE

FUCK

After that my screen freezes, resets itself and I see that my TF2 screen is black and a message that my display driver stopped working and reset.

Sadly I have this error except it just black screens and sound loops it can go from 10 seconds to 2 mins and I get it everytime I play TF2 from 10 mins to 3 hours. There is nothing I can do about it except to get an ATI card or a Nvidia 400 to 500 series card.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1774666

Oh god

>Read SPUF TF2 section

>F2P players complaining about not being able to find hats

You're playing a retail game for fucking free, what more do you want?

Fucking 8 year olds complaining about not having credit cards.

Oh god

>Read SPUF TF2 section

QFT. Also Why you looking at SPUF >:C Probably most of that is whats your favorite class and stuff and WHATS THE BEST CLASS???

Oh god

>Read SPUF TF2 section

Hurr gibus is not good enough.

Halloween masks.

if the chistmas tree is all year why isnt a pumkin

>Go on TF2

>Everybody goes heavy

Well gee, this is fun

Hours of fun