Sign in to follow this  
Fuzileer

Post your rants here! (no rants about other people here)

I don't care what anyone say and praise it but I hated Pikmin 2 and I 100% complete that game.

Got any specifics on why you hated it? Seems like the definitive pikmin game in terms of mechanics and exploration. Though I also really disliked how outright linear and story-driven Pikmin 3 was.

Got any specifics on why you hated it? Seems like the definitive pikmin game in terms of mechanics and exploration. Though I also really disliked how outright linear and story-driven Pikmin 3 was.

I'll copy and paste someone I responded to.

Pikmin 2 suffers from a Fe13 and Fe8 problem where you're given an unlimited resources to the point that all those challenges are almost non existence and micromanagement is completely gone thanks to the lack of proper unique level designs. Combat was pretty uninspired thanks to the purple pikmin was making the entire roster unbalanced to the point where it became use purple pikmin and win.

As someone who loves the micromanaging system of Pikmin 1 and 3, Pikmin 2 offered none of that in its level designs as the main focus of the game is the underground levels which is where you will be exploring 80% of the game.  I love the open world level designs of Pikmin 1 and 3 where you can micromanage your Pikmin to do different tasks all at once and take advantage of the time and resources to work on those tasks and offered a nice challenge in that specific department.  Pikmin 2's levels were essentially put more emphasis on combat rather than actually micromanaging your pikmins.  Because of the lack of time progress, you can do whatever you want as long as you want.  The explorations on a whole were pretty uninteresting and it had tons of reused assets because of it.  There were maybe like 2 or so unique parts of each underground system levels but as whole they were more tedious than fun.  It was made to pad the longevity of the game out a lot and it essentially became a dungeon crawler game which is something I never wanted in a Pikmin game.  

I did 100% complete Pikmin 2 but it wasn't very replayable as I found non of the underground levels to be any unique nor fun to go back to compared to the on ground levels.  I have probably replayed Pikmin 1 at least 30 times and Pikmin 3 about 4 times and have never touched Pikmin 2 ever since then.  It was essentially a quality over quantity problem I had with Pikmin 2.  Sure the game was longer and it is more do whatever you want, but the sense of micromanaging, strategics, planning and pressure with time management was completely gone.  Personally, Pikmin 1 and 3 was the more better overall designed game.

Edited by kingddd

Normally I don't get wrapped up in all that Call of Duty bashing, but the Space Oddity cover used in the trailer was so fucking abysmal that it actually made me mad.

I'll copy and paste someone I responded to.

Pikmin 2 suffers from a Fe13 and Fe8 problem where you're given an unlimited resources to the point that all those challenges are almost non existence and micromanagement is completely gone thanks to the lack of proper unique level designs. Combat was pretty uninspired thanks to the purple pikmin was making the entire roster unbalanced to the point where it became use purple pikmin and win.[/font][/color]

As someone who loves the micromanaging system of Pikmin 1 and 3, Pikmin 2 offered none of that in its level designs as the main focus of the game is the underground levels which is where you will be exploring 80% of the game.  I love the open world level designs of Pikmin 1 and 3 where you can micromanage your Pikmin to do different tasks all at once and take advantage of the time and resources to work on those tasks and offered a nice challenge in that specific department.  Pikmin 2's levels were essentially put more emphasis on combat rather than actually micromanaging your pikmins.  Because of the lack of time progress, you can do whatever you want as long as you want.  The explorations on a whole were pretty uninteresting and it had tons of reused assets because of it.  There were maybe like 2 or so unique parts of each underground system levels but as whole they were more tedious than fun.It was made to pad the longevity of the game out a lot and it essentially became a dungeon crawler game which is something I never wanted in a Pikmin game.

I did 100% complete Pikmin 2 but it wasn't very replayable as I found non of the underground levels to be any unique nor fun to go back to compared to the on ground levels.  I have probably replayed Pikmin 1 at least 30 times and Pikmin 3 about 4 times and have never touched Pikmin 2 ever since then.  It was essentially a quality over quantity problem I had with Pikmin 2.  Sure the game was longer and it is more do whatever you want, but the sense of micromanaging, strategics, planning and pressure with time management was completely gone.  Personally, Pikmin 1 and 3 was the more better overall designed game.

That's fair enough. Yeah, the removal of the day limit was a bit much, and I guess ymmv on the underground portions. I'd say go through the 30 challenge rooms but they're mostly based around combat as well.

I'm just sad there isn't a pikmin with a multiplayer-coop capable main storyline.

That's fair enough. Yeah, the removal of the day limit was a bit much, and I guess ymmv on the underground portions. I'd say go through the 30 challenge rooms but they're mostly based around combat as well.

I'm just sad there isn't a pikmin with a multiplayer-coop capable main storyline.

I have played the challenge rooms but those didn't hold my interest long at all.

It would be nice to have a co-op Pikmin.  It could work really well.

Lack of conventions.

3DS homebrew really should have some consistent directory that they can shove their shit in, instead of polluting the root of the SD card with their own directories.  Like, shit, digital cameras did this with the /DCIM directory ages ago for per-camera images, Windows has their %APPDATA% and user documents folders, and ~/.config is a thing on Linux (at least on the ODROID-XU4 Ubuntu device that I manage for the folks).

There is /3ds, but it's mainly used for homebrew launched through the Homebrew Launcher.

My entire computer just froze up and crashed while I was playing Overwatch. It was weird, first the game froze, then the computer started acting like it reset itself, and then it froze up completely. I had to hold the power button down to turn it off just so I could turn it on again. That was annoying and I wish I knew what caused it.

Watching the elections in the Philippines is about as painful as studying the elections in the States. Elections are being counted right now, and it looks like the 'Butcher of Davao' (yes, that's his title) is going to be the next president. And the next vice-president may be the offspring of the original Marcos Regime. Fuck me.

But even then, at least people are VOTING, unlike in Canada where having over 50% of a voter turnout is considered a blessing because everyone in this country can seriously be more apathetic than a mouse on horse tranquilizers.

TL;DR -- elections are terrible everywhere and nobody wins.

How the fuck are you supposed to talk to someone who has no grasp on basic logic? This idiot I was just talking to insisted that two completely independent events were related to each other because they were chronologically close together. And I don't mean he was being a conspiracy theorist and insisting there was some 'hidden' link. They were literally completely independent, he seemed to admit as much, the only link was that they happened close together.

This hurts my brain.

So after my flag was taken down twice, I duct taped it up there to make it a pain for anyone to take it down again. Welp, whoever did it did it again. Only now it seems they've completely taken it with them and not just thrown it in the bushes.

Fuck's sake. I guess I should call someone about this.

This happened while I was tinkering around with PikaSav to transfer my save from a physical Yellow cartridge to a save file that I would inject into the Virtual Console version:

Copied a message that I sent to the friend that let me borrow his GBC:

Turn on Pokémon Yellow, load save, system shuts off partway through copying Pokédex data, restart, continue option disappeared

rip

GAME BOY COLOR, YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO PRESERVE MY GAME SAVE, NOT KILL IT OFF FOR GOOD

:c

Battery died twice in a week. Guess it's time to call the dealership.

Nothing should be draining the battery, it's all automatic and should turn off after I lock the car. I think the battery is just bunk

Having a good time playing video games with friends but then they invite their other friends that are the type of guy that just complain about everything all the time and suddenly shit's ass

Having a good time playing video games with friends but then they invite their other friends that are the type of guy that just complain about everything all the time and suddenly shit's ass

That's pretty much me and my cousin 2 weeks ago. We had fun with Super Mario Maker when one of their friend came in to play.

All he was doing is complaning about every single things about the game for the sole reason that "It's not like the old Marios". It doesn't matter if it was a very easy level or just literally a simple remake of a certain official level. He just kept complaining about everything, and say shit like "Mario Maker is a real insult to the original games", and acted like we never played a Mario game of our lives.

Blind nostalgia like this just rub me the wrong way, and i was so close to punch him. Thanks god he left after that.

Edited by Mahbonk

went to a free play area in a retro gaming convention.  All I said was, I'm not used to this game's physics engine and too used to Mario Kart 8 engine.  He's like all hue what engine and making constant new games suck comments.  Meanwhile he was terrible at Mario Kart DD and he even ragequitted.

Edited by kingddd

The problem is people played these old games when they were children and had no critical thinking skills. The games have imprinted on them as 'perfect' because they weren't capable of seeing the flaws in them. Now that they're adults and have learned to assess things critically, they're seeing flaws in things that they would have overlooked as children.

Seeing people treat new games that they see flaws in as positively as they feel about the games they've had imprinted on them registers as a threat, even though it's no such thing. Thus the ranting about how "X game is a horrible disrespect to Y game".

That said, they're annoying as fuck and need to grow up. Mommy and daddy still love you, the family's just getting bigger. Or whatever.

https://mynintendonews.com/2016/05/30/hong-kong-pokemon-fans-protest-over-pikachus-name-change/

as a native Hong Kong speaker, this is kind of sad to me.  I always liked the original cantonese way to pronouncing Pikachu.  It's sad to see how many people in comments are naive about the whole situation.

The Hong Kong people are definitely concerned because China is taking away a fundamental Cantonese speaking pronunciation and it's slowly changing it to the more Mandarin style of speaking dialect.  Doraemon was no exception to this as it's now based on Mandarin translation instead of the Cantonese localization now.  Sure it seems absurd that a fictional character is getting this much uproar but it's an attempt to centralize China's main speaking language and removing Cantonese as a whole.

Edited by kingddd

How, as a person who's natively spoken English for 30 years or so, do you not understand the meaning and usage of the word 'that'? This is pre-school level shit.

Just when I thought this person couldn't get any stupider. And he decides to take a stand on it. Only when I'm going to whip out the dictionary on him does he back down.

I don't know why but every morning a little after 12:30 my router hangs itself. Refuses all connections, can't access config page even with a hardwire connection. Pisses me off to no end because sometimes it comes back, sometimes it needs to be unplugged for a minute, and sometimes even that doesn't work.

It's a goddamn enigma.

I really wished people would stop putting really dumb filters that makes no sense on gifs or art pieces.  Especially when it's oversaturated that it bleeds my eyes.

Come back to office, going to hand in notice to boss (got new job, not a fuck this situation), had to go out on site cause of a network down,

come back at 5:45pm and boss isn't in tomorrow.

FFXIV is doing this promotional thing for in-game items with a code you can get by buying videogames off Amazon.com. They're not like super amazing or anything, but I DO fucking want them.

Guess I got to order something from Amazon now. Too bad it didn't apply to Portrait of Ruin, because I've always wanted to buy that game. But Order of Ecclesia is, so I guess I'm getting that. Also, Mega Man Star Force 3 is $140!? Fuck, I seriously regret not getting that on release.