Sign in to follow this  
Fuzileer

Post your rants here! (no rants about other people here)

I normally don't get angry at things like this, because I knew it coming in, but I think the most recent Bleach chapter really hit a nerve that makes me want to murder someone. Like, it is OBJECTIVELY terribly and poorly written crap. I am offended someone is getting paid to write this nothing that is happening. And I just realized the only reason I was still reading it was because I was curious just how bad 'badly written' could get worse. And I found out, and I am NOT better for the experience.

50 Shades of Grey and Big Order combined is better written than this.

THAT'S RIGHT. I SAID IT. 50 Shades of Grey and Big fucking Order. COMBINED.

So I tried seeing a therapist. It's one of those things I do every now and then but I guess I never learn my lesson.

This one was an 'art therapist'. Which consisted of me sitting there and drawing while she stared at me for 40 minutes in silence. Yeah, thanks, that's not uncomfortable at all. After I told her she made me uncomfortable as hell, her response was "I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable." I TOLD you that you made me uncomfortable, that non-apology becomes excessively backhanded when you word it like that!

So I'm not seeing a therapist anymore.

Fuuuuuuck trying to set up nginx to play nicely with PHP on an aliased path.

I could've sworn I had it before, but I guess I missed something about the config that screwed it up again.

Edit:  Yep.  Updated nginx from dotdeb and all is well now.

Edited by nosoop

Had some blood taken today. The phlebotomist had NO clue what she was doing. First, she tried to take blood without a tourniquet. She missed the vein by like... a centimeter. She had no excuse; I've got really good veins, the kind that phlebotomists fawn over whenever I need blood drawn. So she's sitting there, staring at my arm and actually says, "I'm not getting any blood." Well no shit lady, you're stabbing me in the tendons or something. You rolled a nat 1 on that damn skill check—my arm still hurts. Probably because she yanked the needle out crooked.

I'm definitely protesting if she ever tries to take my blood again. It's a good thing I'm not afraid of needles anymore. Fucking hell. How that happened is worth a rant of its own.

when you go on a 8 win streak in overwatch and then a 8 lose streak???

consistency???? hello blizzard???

Trying the boss rush in Skyward Sword to get the Hylian Shield, and I can't frigging do it.

I actually quite like the bosses in this game, but having no access to items AND repeatedly getting my ass handed to me by bosses (the scorpion and the fucking Imprisoned 2nd form) is replacing the fun I had with them with hate.

when you go on a 8 win streak in overwatch and then a 8 lose streak???

consistency???? hello blizzard???

51% win rate? NAH SON, GET TO 28%

51% win rate? NAH SON, GET TO 28%

IT WON'T STOP AAAAA

my competitive win rate is like 40% compared to 53% quick play lmao maybe i should stop solo queueing

Edited by Soviet

fucking newlines in every programming situation.  Also fuck google for making API privatekeys with newlines.

Edited by kingddd

"You know how you've been taking stuff to help with the depression for a while now? Yeah, we're gonna pretend that never happened. But just for today. Enjoy!"

Hey, Sync, maybe you should let me know you need Explorer, Firefox, and Chrome to be closed to start the upgrade process like every other installation that needed that instead of being special and terminating them all without a warning?

Kind of hard to get motivated to go out and battle gyms when Poke Go's servers shit themselves every 30 minutes

Kind of hard to get motivated to go out and battle gyms when Poke Go's servers shit themselves every 30 minutes

yep, was going to walk back from work getting all the local shops but not even 100m down the road it poops iteself.

such a boring walk.

There has to be something good about Persona 3... but so far, 90 minutes in, I've gotten maybe 5 minutes of actual controlling anything. It was about an hour before I got to even walk around. Then another 30 minutes later I get a 30 second glimpse at the gameplay. That's some seriously bad game design. How does something like this manage to sell any copies? I like anime as much as the next person, but I went into this expecting a video game, not an anime with hallway walking breaks.

I actually had to play through that first part twice. Used turbo the second time, it cut it down to 60 minutes. It would have been 2 minutes if it was possible to skip ANY of the cutscenes. Seriously... what the fuck, unskippable cutscenes about stuff where literally nothing happens?

I had a longer rant here about all the glitches but I just trimmed it out. Long story short, it's like the game wants me to not care and stop playing. Sans could stand to learn a thing or two.

Had a coffee accident with my new keyboard. Spacebar shorted out and the Y key kept activating. Which is appropriate for my reaction, "Whyyyyyyyyy"

Well now Im out 160$.Guess Ill just slum it with my still (mostly) working older keyboard Still mechanical, but no RGB lighting or 10 key,

Bonus rants: Dryer went out, after I totally forgot to do laundry last weekend, and I managed to lose my SD card because of the stupid spring loaded port on my camera launched it out and straight down into the floor A/C vent.

Prebuilt system motherboards that use a non-standard front panel connector that lacks documentation are just plain mean.  I pretty much have all the parts for a pseudo-sleeper build using an Inspiron 3847 motherboard.  It'd be pretty much done if only that wasn't an issue.

Guess I'll check with my friend to see if they still have the old case, and then it looks like I'll have to build an adapter if that's even possible (hopefully it's just a matter of moved pins and maybe a jumper)..

If we can have a meteor that wipes out the planet sometime before November, that'd be great.

It's fun when AlliedModders goes down because of some scheduled nonsense that prevents the forums from loading.

oh wait no it's not fun

Working with HTML.

<!-- seriously, why the everloving FUCK does whitespace in between elements mess with layout-->
<!-- see: http://stackoverflow.com/a/5078297 -->

<template id="server-container-template">
    <div class="l-box server-container"
        ><div class="pure-u-1-1 pure-u-md-3-8 server-name"></div
        ><div class="pure-u-1-1 pure-u-md-1-4 server-tags"></div
        ><div class="pure-u-1-2 pure-u-md-1-8 server-map"></div
        ><div class="pure-u-1-4 pure-u-md-1-8 server-players"></div
        ><div class="pure-u-1-4 pure-u-md-1-8 server-latency"></div
    ></div>
</template>

Working with HTML.

<!-- seriously, why the everloving FUCK does whitespace in between elements mess with layout-->

></div>
</template>

Spacing in general is a bitch in HTML and CSS.

News report does a piece on how police applications in Dallas were something like 300% higher than usual after the shooting. They frame the piece to look like it's in response to the department's call to Black Lives Matter protesters to join the force. Yet in the footage, literally every single applicant shown training is a white male.

Working with HTML.

></div>
</template>

Who the fuck splits their div tags like that.

people who didn't even watch the ghostbuster 2016 constantly complained that this is the main theme song of the movie.  This song was only played like once in a very tiny montage for like 20 seconds

Those who watched the movie knows that this is the actual theme song that plays in the movie.  TWICE no less.  Played way longer than the song above.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGEqPARUsfk

Edited by kingddd