Sign in to follow this  
strangemodule

PL_Universe

Lately, I've been working on a map that combines 3 of TF2's themes: Desert, industrial/Well, and alpine. I still can't decide on a good skybox/sunlight type, and I still need to do some more decor, but otherwise it's coming along well.

Current version: RC3

FPSB FPSB Sucks

http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?t=9547

TF2Wiki Page Need to move this to new wiki, coming soon!

It's the "oh christ it's been a year since I updated this" edition!

Changes in RC3:

-optimization: should give people much more FPS (oh god I hope)

-added a small side room that leads to the roof of the red guardhouse in the middle area

-compiled with advanced lighting techniques

-various other changes I can't remember

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Of course you know what I'm going to say.

Its not too damn big is it??! :)

It's relatively small, takes about 3-5 minutes to move the cart from start to finish, uninterrupted.

A few weeks I believe. I'm not that good of a mapper, so it takes me a while.

well, you made arena deck though and that was pretty good(for an arena map)

A few weeks I believe. I'm not that good of a mapper, so it takes me a while.

well, you made arena deck though and that was pretty good(for an arena map)

Well, compared to the stuff that gets released on TF2maps.net almost daily, I'm decent I suppose.

I notice that the water,saw blade, and ground lights in your picture have the purple and black checkerboard textures. For some reason TF2 doesn't have a default cubemap so you get to build one. Do the following in the console and hopefully your purple and black checkerboards will disappear.

mat_specular 0

buildcubemaps

mat_specular 1

changelevel mapname

mat_reloadallmaterials

I notice that the water,saw blade, and ground lights in your picture have the purple and black checkerboard textures. For some reason TF2 doesn't have a default cubemap so you get to build one. Do the following in the console and hopefully your purple and black checkerboards will disappear.

mat_specular 0

buildcubemaps

mat_specular 1

changelevel mapname

mat_reloadallmaterials

Don't worry, I know how to build cubemaps. But thanks for that tip, usually I just put in "buildcubemaps", then have to restart tf2 for it to show up.

Of course you know what I'm going to say.

Its not too damn big is it??! :)

That would be so awesome if the map expanded at a constant rate. Like the universe...

<_<

>_>

The only problem I've been having is not being able to get the saw to move, and the train doesn't work.

Never actually done either of those myself but here is a tutorial for how to make a working train and here is another one for making a saw.

Can you make the sawblades be the cart? :) Then you have to stand near it, but only touch the sides.

That.. that would be awesome. You know how many people will run into the saw or get pushed back into it? Man the fun times that could be had with that.

Can you make the sawblades be the cart? :) Then you have to stand near it, but only touch the sides.

That.. that would be awesome. You know how many people will run into the saw or get pushed back into it? Man the fun times that could be had with that.

True, but it could be frustrating, let alone have little context with the map (unless I found a reasonable excuse to push a saw around...).

True, but it could be frustrating, let alone have little context with the map (unless I found a reasonable excuse to push a saw around...).

Well even if not permanent to the map it would be interesting to try it out one round or two.

red has their intel laying on the tracks at the end of the map...

when blu wins the intel explodes and everyone gets papercuts.

red has their intel laying on the tracks at the end of the map...

when blu wins the intel explodes and everyone gets papercuts.

If he wants it to be more "tf2" like. A saw factory explodes and different saw thingies give paper cuts. Yep, paper cuts.

Or worse, a Sandvich Factory! You know what will happen :o