Sign in to follow this  
Doofirtle

Yayz

I got a snow Day!!

Why this is so important, my school district has not had a snow day in the past 5 years even with 4 feet of snow, this is because the person who decides the snow days is from Alaska, and is used to all this snow.

The only reason we have one today is because it is really really really early of a snow, and with a foot in October, this is gonna be a good winter.

I had a week off last week due to furlough (my school, which is a CSU school, has had a shrinking budget, so they've been trying to cut back, and cutting a few days of school and giving mandatory break days for teachers and students alike was part of that).

Um... Sir... I live in the Tropical zone, not Sub-Tropical. *wink*

I was raised in Heartland USA, so I've had my share of incremental weather. Try Tornadoes, Mircroburst and hail in the Summer, then black ice and snow piled to your roof in the Winter.

I was raised in Heartland USA, so I've had my share of incremental weather. Try Tornadoes, Mircroburst and hail in the Summer, then black ice and snow piled to your roof in the Winter.

True I suppose, but I was mostly talking to the so-cal folks. After all, there's only two (that I know of :P) Hawaiians on the forums.

I've been off the last week thanks to my reading week.

I can't remeber the last time there was a snow day. My high school was pretty much open no matter what the conditions were like outside. (That, and the local transit system wouldn't shut down, but I guess that's alright.)

True I suppose, but I was mostly talking to the so-cal folks. After all, there's only two (that I know of :P) Hawaiians on the forums.

LOL I know, I'm just busting your balls. :twisted:

I'm being totally honest here - I have never even seen snow. Not once.

The closest thing to snow for us is rain :P

LOL I know, I'm just busting your balls. :twisted:

I guessed as much.

Also, that's a very disturbing phrase.

I've been saying it since, Goodfellas

Tommy DeVito: No more shines, Billy.

Billy Batts: What?

Tommy DeVito: I said, no more shines. Maybe you didn't hear about it, you've been away a long time. They didn't go up there and tell you. I don't shine shoes anymore.

Billy Batts: Relax, will ya? Ya flip right out, what's got into you? I'm breaking your balls a little bit, that's all. I'm only kidding with ya...

Tommy DeVito: Sometimes you don't sound like you're kidding, you know, there's a lotta people around...

Billy Batts: I'm only kidding with you, we're having a party, I just came home and I haven't seen you in a long time and I'm breaking your balls, and you're getting fucking fresh. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend you.

Tommy DeVito: I'm sorry too. It's okay. No problem.

Billy Batts: Okay, salud.

Billy Batts: [takes a drink] Now go home and get your fuckin' shinebox.

Tommy DeVito: Mother fuckin' mutt! You, you fucking piece of shit!

Granted, I say busting... not breaking. Just sounds better IMO. :mrgreen:

Yeah, that definitely seems like something you would say! :lol:

"You mean, let me understand this cause, ya know maybe it's me, I'm a little fucked up maybe, but I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh, I'm here to fuckin' amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How am I funny?"

Sorry... just had to hit with you one more Tommy DeVito quote from Goodfellas... seemed like perfect timing. :P

*steers back on topic*

I can honestly say, with no doubt in my mind what so ever, the only people who pray for snow days more than the students are the teachers.

I can honestly say, with no doubt in my mind what so ever, the only people who pray for snow days more than the students are the teachers.

Yea, that is so true, and tomorrow I have another snow day, there is 2 and a half + feet on the ground right now!!!