Sign in to follow this  
Arty

Art thread 2: Electric Boogaloo

Daaaaaamn, That's all pretty effin good. And in varying styles too.

Especially love the perspective on the first one.

Daaaaaamn, That's all pretty effin good. And in varying styles too.

Especially love the perspective on the first one.

Thanks! I tried to make them all pretty different, but I think I almost quit the perspective one like 10 times because it was driving me crazy.

I've always had a hard time with perspective, so I pretty much just quit doing it. Glad to see yours paid off.

Got a new drawing tablet, so I figured I'd christen it with a drawing.

2d_by_goombac-d8qaxzg.jpg

Wip of my latest one. Trying to make it really gross and gory. 

f7KsB1G.jpg?1

hi I'm not dead

So last month I got involved with a public art project called "Play me, I'm Yours."  This project has been hosted by many cities around the world, and surprisingly it is now being hosted in my little hometown of Florence, SC.  Basically a bunch of pianos are donated and artists can volunteer to decorate them.  The only requirement is that the piano should read "Play me, I'm Yours."  The finished pianos, or rather "Street Pianos," are then placed all around the city so that anyone may walk up to them and play them.  

Here is my piano:

tTNSzsF.jpg

(they slapped streetpianosflorence.com on there themselves, I'm not a fan of that sticker, haha)

There is also a survey where you can vote for my piano, it is the very last image: Survey

A little extra backstory: Right after the event started, someone left my piano uncovered in a downpour of rain, thus making it unplayable. There was someone who was supposed to be watching it, so it was negligence from people working for the event.  They tried to disqualify me because because it was ruined, even though my paint job was 100% in tact.  I stood up for myself and now my piano is included back into the competition (and also ~*magically*~ works again, so like, wut) and it would be kind of amazing if I stood a chance of winning.  I'm not counting on it of course, but at least I can try!

Let me know what you think of the piano. It was really fun to paint. You can see more of it here: Progress Photo Album

Goombac you make me feel bad for how good you are. seriously it's amazing

M, that's also super awesome! That piano is lookin' smexy, space-smexy

I did a self portrait for the first time in 5 years and I feel like I've improved a lot. It actually looks like me.

zlUtkAO.jpg

Wow, it's been a long time since we've posted in here. But did this for my Reddit secret santa. He liked CW's Arrow and Flash, so I made him a lil card (that I printed out ofc).

r5WiouV.jpg

Drew this for an art class. Procrastinated, so it was all done in a night, but I imagined it as a damsel in distress who decided to rescue herself. 

pVKpBzd.jpg

that's awesome, goombac.

I decided to draw a character from a DnD recently. Not as amazing as goombac but I think it came out ok:

tumblr_o1be1aQkfr1ro401lo1_1280.png

that's awesome, goombac.

I decided to draw a character from a DnD recently. Not as amazing as goombac but I think it came out ok:

tumblr_o1be1aQkfr1ro401lo1_1280.png

Is that your DnD character? Feel like sharing the backstory? I'm a huge fan of DnD character history.

Is that your DnD character? Feel like sharing the backstory? I'm a huge fan of DnD character history.

to be honest, it doesn't have much of a backstory of the character but of the group. I used to have a dragonborn with the same group but I went to Japan for 4 months so when I came back I decided to make a new character. I didn't know what I wanted so took inspiration from Chrono Trigger and made a frog character. After that I just talked with our DM about the frog race being sort of clerics that are always about going the good path (there's actually a path god). And then I just joined the party because they seemed like fellows who would travel far and wide. The thing is, clerics are a bit OP in 3.5 so I can summon a water elemental and because I'm a frog I can crawl inside it and control it like a jaeger in Pacific Rim so that's why there's the water elemental. 

Something for a fantasy project I've been working on. Part of a series, and I'm not done the rest so figured it'd cool to show you guys.

Picture is huge, so here's full res: http://i.imgur.com/osHIqxj.jpg

osHIqxj.jpg