Sign in to follow this  
Arty

Art thread 2: Electric Boogaloo

CHAPTER 4 of my story, Time's Three, is done. This is where I definitely get to maximize the cheese and yet, at the same time, still only be at 4/10 in terms of overall maximum cheese potential.

PREVIOUS CHAPTERS

Plot Synopsis

A young girl named Rani travels 55 years into the past to save the life of future-president Nicholas Darnell from a time-traveling assassin. Upon meeting him, he was not at all how she expected him to be. A traveling apothecary living in Seagull, the twin-city of technology and magicks, Nicholas is dragged into an adventure across the world and across time itself to save the future from a threat he himself may have been responsible for...

Yearn for a ceaseless destination. Persist for an impossible dream. Liberate yourself from fear, and live with an endless hope for a tomorrow that never stops coming.

Below are Zemzelett's illustration for this chapter.

The oxidian I showed in the previous chapter. The next image is its 'blooming season' form.

lUm4nbx.jpg

The fight against the rhinoxidian. When the oxidian's flower blooms, its original head wilts and from its bud forms a massive horned creature several meters tall.

p6xo7oz.jpg

The same image as it was used in the chapter. All images were originally colored then made more brown to give it the story's vibe.

R0pi473.jpg

Paused from writing for a moment, decided to redraw one of the older characters I've designed. I'll do a comparison art between the years once it's been coloured.

rYN0WY0.jpg

Aaaand done. Had a bit too much fun with the overlays, but I'm pretty happy with it.

Ee2vufR.jpg

Got a little miffed for not touching art for a while... So I tried to envision myself in the form of an AQWorlds character:

an_attempt_by_stratospear-d70xwq2.png

...Well, yeah... just the head for now.

Did a redraw of one of my oldest pieces, nothing too special

ToDuxEa.jpg

I'm really loving high temperature firings. I honestly didn't have too much experience with it prior to teaching but I am getting addicted to the results.

Hope to have a lot more stuff to share soon.

Iu8MIpz.jpg?1

uRQwRzo.jpg?1

So I have a little problem. Whenever I make something artsy I get so jaded during the artifying process that I end up losing confidence in it and losing interest in making more as a result. Also, have a photo I took. Very jaded by it.

I'd say you did a pretty good job actually. The saturation is at a good level I think, and the composition helps draw to the focal point well enough. It's honestly pretty pleasing to the eye, in my opinion. I'd really like to see you do more of these.

My submission for The Wind Rises Banner contest on DeviantArt.

the_wind_rises_by_goombac-d77vfvi.jpg

And did some drawings of Link.

playing_with_blades_by_goombac-d77wvha.j

don_t_play_with_blades__by_goombac-d77wv

WIP. Completely unsure of how I want to color it though.

hiccup_and_toothless_wip_by_goombac-d793

Watercolors aren't really my thing. I'm going to try and go for a realistic style, just unsure of how I want the color scheme to look. Made these rough color sketches to help decide but I still have no clue what looks best if any at all.

hiccup_and_toothless_wip_color_choices_b

Chapter I of my story, Time's Three, has been rewritten, and updated with an atmosphere piece I have been requesting that has been delayed. 

PREVIOUS CHAPTERS

Chapter 1: Wind The Clock

Chapter 2: Homely Ties

Chapter 3: Blessings

Chapter 4: R'eilani

Plot Synopsis

A young girl named Rani travels 55 years into the past to save the life of future-president Nicholas Darnell from a time-traveling assassin. Upon meeting him, he was not at all how she expected him to be. A traveling apothecary living in Seagull, the twin-city of technology and magicks, Nicholas is dragged into an adventure across the world and across time itself to save the future from a threat he himself may have been responsible for...

Yearn for a ceaseless destination. Persist for an impossible dream. Liberate yourself from fear, and live with an endless hope for a tomorrow that never stops coming.

Below is Zemzelett's added illustration for Chapter 1:

'Sundown at Seagull', the northern half of the twin city. The balloons are actually part of the magicks engines that power much of the city.

aCfQ4zL.png

The same image as it was used in the chapter. All images were originally colored then made more brown to give it the story's vibe.

9gsrphq.png

Finally finished a majora's mask I've been doing for a while

tumblr_n6mp10wrQr1ro401lo1_1280.png

Edit: a thing I did because I wanted to

tumblr_n71c16RoyQ1ro401lo1_1280.png

God, haven't been in here in awhile. Wanted to post something but first:

Goombac, your shit's awesome. I saw the final version of that last thing you posted, it's goddamn cool. 

Soul, that Skull Kid's pretty fucking great. I like the texturing on his hat (hair? I honestly don't know) especially.

Anyway, here's a sketch of Big Boss:

i7oJtX5.jpg