Sign in to follow this  
SirKillingston

Currently Watching? (anime)

Rewatching Valkyria Chronicles while I replay the game.

Continuing Log Horizon after a long time because reasons. I'm definitely liking it more than SAO (which sucked out my happiness), but Akatsuki is still annoying and there are still too many people in the world who are taking this waaaay too seriously to not be facepalm-worthy.

finished watching no game no life. It's really interesting and I like the characters. there's a lot of fanservice (good or bad depends on you) and also a lot of hinting to second season.

also I watched Serial experiments Lain...and I still think I don't understand but I kinda understand? I guess? maybe...no?

also I watched Serial experiments Lain...and I still think I don't understand but I kinda understand? I guess? maybe...no?

It takes a few watches.

It takes a few watches.

I kinda understand but all explanations that I read are basically what I already understood, they never cover what I don't understand (things like the sister's breakdown or what Lain really is)

My interpretation of her sister's breakdown is that she tried to follow Lain into the Wired and couldn't handle it mentally.

As for what Lain is, we just don't know.

My interpretation of her sister's breakdown is that she tried to follow Lain into the Wired and couldn't handle it mentally.

As for what Lain is, we just don't know.

that's the thing I kinda like but makes me not understand the meaning. It all seems that it is all left to be interpreted, rather than give hard explanations. I do have my own explanations for what I don't understand but in the end I always feel they are wrong because there's no strong evidence in what I saw to back me up other than just a hunch and some connecting points.

I've been binge watching Love Live for the past two days.It's hard to decide between Nico and Maki of being my waifu.

don't you already have makoto from akb0048?

Also finished the Nanananana anime (the one that has a NEET ghost that loves pudding.)

Meh.  It was average.  Didn't really like the ending, but a season two is immplied.

so what will it take to force all of you to watch jojo's bizzare adventure?

Nothing because I already watch it and read the manga 

Welp I just finished the original Evangelion series

Is it worth it to see the newer movies?

Also

Makes so much sense now

I tried reading the manga, but I couldn't go on. There were so many explanation and I was getting really confused.

I want to get back at it though. If someone could stream the OVA's I'd watch them. I'm just a lazy piece of shit.

Rewatching Gunbuster on a whim. I forgot how great it was even from the very first episode.

Welp I just finished the original Evangelion series

Is it worth it to see the newer movies?

Depends, Did you watch End of Evangelion yet? You should see that first.

It shows what real world events happened during 25 and 26.

Also tang.

Edited by Neh

Finished Log Horizon, so here's my review of it.

After getting through the hump, I really loved it -- even more so after watching SAO's terribleness. It's great that the plot focuses on how the world has changed, and not only for the players but for the NPCs and the enemies as well. There are two groups to follow: the main character Shiroe's efforts in keeping up with the world's economic and political landscape, and the middle-schooler Minori's efforts in getting a team to work together to actually do MMO-related things. Despite the abundance of economic and political intrigue (which I like), the latter of the two groups keeps half of the show focused on the action of an MMO. It's ingenious that the NPCs have become as human as the characters, and that the plot follows their efforts to co-exist with the players.

That said, there ARE a lot of problems with the show. First off, the character design sucks. It's too simplistic, and the fact that these may be their real faces is kind of hard to tell since they still look like generic anime characters. I don't mind that many of the characters have glasses, but they overdo that 'shining glasses' trope WAY. TOO. MUCH that I should have done a countdown to how many times they overused the freaking thing.

It's suspect that mostly children are beginners to the game. Also, if you've played an MMO before, you'd expect more (1) cat people, (2) people playing half-naked in the opposite gender, and (3) more gay people (I'm not being an asshole on the last part; most of the people I meet are gay). Instead, there's only one person that's clearly gay and even then he's offensively camp-gay. It's hard to believe that these are real people playing characters in an MMO when they still act like defined anime tropes. And if they WERE players, I expect them to change gear more often because that's one of the best parts of an MMO.

My biggest complaint is the love triangle square. It's TERRIBLE. There are three people -- THREE people -- in love with the main character, and NONE OF THEM have any chemistry with him. I hate it when writers do this, because chemistry is important in writing romance. The characters have to feel like they are interested in each other or there's no romance. The story had THREE different love interests and ALL of them are one-sided. Not to mention the ending song basically says who's going to win, so big shock. Also, Akatsuki is a terrible character.

I wrote a lot of complaints and you might think I hated the show, but far from it. It's a very intelligent show, though one that unfortunately falls to some major trappings in lesser works of fiction. While I complained about the love triangle square, there ARE couples in the story that are worth watching for. Crusty and the princess are great characters, and I could watch Rudy and the bard girl all day. I'd say they're the best parts of the show.

I tried reading the manga, but I couldn't go on. There were so many explanation and I was getting really confused.

I want to get back at it though. If someone could stream the OVA's I'd watch them. I'm just a lazy piece of shit.

you mean those old ass ovas from 2000?

don't, there's a new anime series for jojo that starts at the beginning

it started airing in 2012 and is going on right now. it's a good watch.

you mean those old ass ovas from 2000?

don't, there's a new anime series for jojo that starts at the beginning

it started airing in 2012 and is going on right now. it's a good watch.

well I'm too lazy to watch them. maybe one day

I just wrapped up The World Only God Knows, and It brought me to tears and tore me apart. I love it. I'm going to catch up with the manga now.

By catcn up, you mean finish. It ended a few months ago :(

New SAO. Didn't think it could suck any more, but I was wrong, so I stop there.

Following Sailor Moon Crystal, and Persona 4 Golden: The Animation despite how redundant the latter is going to be. Would like to know what's so different about it compared to the awesome P4 anime that already came out just a few years ago.

Following Sailor Moon Crystal, and Persona 4 Golden: The Animation despite how redundant the latter is going to be. Would like to know what's so different about it compared to the awesome P4 anime that already came out just a few years ago.

it looks....................slightly prettier?

From my guess, it's probably going to include the new character and probably the new batch of events that happen between december and march.

Knights of Sidonia isn't bad. The animation style is weird. netflix only