597 replies to this topic

#41 Draayder

Draayder

I shoot rockets sometimes

• Members
  • 465 posts
  • Scout, Soldier, Pyro, Medic

Posted July 01 2010 - 05:54 PM

I will play this game the moment it comes out. Also, I fully aprove of a Nom guild.

#42 Employee of the Month

Employee of the Month

Will now only respond with pictures

• Members
  • 815 posts

Posted July 01 2010 - 06:01 PM

depending on how well i do in school and if i beat civ IV or not will determine whether or not i get this game.

but if i do, i plan on going earth elemental or i can tank for us. either way im going defensive
One fine spring day a disciple looked at some branches blowing in the wind.
He asked his master “master are the branches moving or is it the wind?”
Not even glancing to where the pupil was pointing the master smiled and said “that which moves is neither the branches nor the wind; it’s your heart and mind.”

emps backpack

Don't listen to that guy. He's trying to lead you down the path of righteousness. I'm gonna lead you down the path that rocks!

#43 Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe

A Real Arabian Hero!

• Scrimmer
  • 792 posts

Posted July 01 2010 - 06:18 PM

I know that I'm gonna pick up playing as my Warrior again.
Posted Image

#44 Employee of the Month

Employee of the Month

Will now only respond with pictures

• Members
  • 815 posts

Posted July 01 2010 - 06:20 PM

dps or tank?

if i do decide to buy it, i guess you guys can pick what i should play if we have a role missing in the team
One fine spring day a disciple looked at some branches blowing in the wind.
He asked his master “master are the branches moving or is it the wind?”
Not even glancing to where the pupil was pointing the master smiled and said “that which moves is neither the branches nor the wind; it’s your heart and mind.”

emps backpack

Don't listen to that guy. He's trying to lead you down the path of righteousness. I'm gonna lead you down the path that rocks!

#45 Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe

A Real Arabian Hero!

• Scrimmer
  • 792 posts

Posted July 01 2010 - 07:41 PM

Honestly, I use to do a mix. I never really cared about tactics, but I always had a combo of Healing Breeze/Healing Hands for PVE and just staying alive when I was questing. I ran adrenaline sword paladin in GW.
Posted Image

#46 Scare

Scare

S.P.E.C.T.R.E.

• Administrators
  • 2945 posts

Posted July 01 2010 - 10:48 PM

Yeah, no idea what I'll be this time around. I like everything, though I tend to lean towards rangers and eles.
Posted Image

#47 Rat with a Rifle

Rat with a Rifle

I post a lot!

• Members
  • 941 posts
  • Heavy

Posted July 02 2010 - 04:03 AM

I call Condition Ranger. Always mained one. Always will.
It doesn't matter how far apart we are. The bonds we've made will remain strong. Everyone's heart is connected to the people they know and trust. It's those bonds that let us all search for our purpose in life. As-long as it's a purpose you believe in, there will always be someone who can help you fulfill it. You, me, and everyone else. There are no barriers.

Our hearts are one.
Posted Image

#48 Draayder

Draayder

I shoot rockets sometimes

• Members
  • 465 posts
  • Scout, Soldier, Pyro, Medic

Posted July 02 2010 - 06:41 AM

The Asura and their golems look sweet, I'm playing that.

#49 Ager

Ager

Shitposter extraordinaire

• Scrimmer
  • 6261 posts
  • Medic

Posted July 03 2010 - 03:27 AM

GW2 costume contest at gamescon

#50 Ager

Ager

• Scrimmer
  • 6261 posts
  • Medic

Posted July 09 2010 - 12:54 PM

Article Six: Healing and Death
tl;dr

• Once your health drops to zero, you will get in a downed state. In this state, you have different skills, to help you in your last-ditch effort to save yourself.
  • Should you be able to kill your enemy, you will rally and continue to fight
  • Allies can rally you too, actively or inderectly through skills used during combat. Anyone can rally you, from level 1.
  • There is no death penalty, it just takes longer for you to revive with each consecutive death. Should you fall, you can choose to wait for an ally to revive you or respawn at a waypoint.
  • There is no dedicated healing profession.

We have lots of people in our studio that enjoyed playing monks in Guild Wars and healers in other games. We examined what it was about the healer archetypes that people really enjoyed, and we took a look at what it was about those archetypes that made the game less enjoyable. Then we created professions to appeal to those types of players.

Support players want to be able to say, "Remember that one time when I saved you from certain death?" They want to stand in the line of fire and block attacks. They want to surround their allies with a swirling dome of air that keeps enemy projectiles from passing through it. It's not about clicking on a health bar and watching it go up, it's about being there for your friends when they need you.

ArenaNet find that healers are too one-sided, and could unbalance otherwise fine games, either PvE or PvP. All professions have healing skills, and each skill has various effects, both on allies and foes. AoE frost attacks damage foes, but also buff allies, for example.

This way, they try to move away from the chewed-out heal/tank/dps model.

#51 Touhosu

Touhosu

Tits.

• Banned
  • 774 posts
  • Scout, Soldier, Medic, Spy

Posted July 09 2010 - 12:57 PM

Article Six: Healing and Death

• Once your health drops to zero, you will get in a downed state. In this state, you have different skills, to help you in your last-ditch effort to save yourself.
  • Should you be able to kill your enemy, you will rally and continue to fight
  • Allies can rally you too, actively or inderectly through skills used during combat. Anyone can rally you, from level 1.
  • There is no death penalty, it just takes longer for you to revive with each consecutive death. Should you fall, you can choose to wait for an ally to revive you or respawn at a waypoint.
  • There is no dedicated healing profession.

Oh lawdy.

Reminds me of Borderlands. :3

Posted Image

Javan: and stop stabbing people Touhosu

#52 pickledundead

pickledundead

The Pickleman

• Members
  • 663 posts

Posted July 14 2010 - 10:15 AM

I think this will make you happy rat with rifle:

http://www.guildwars...essions/ranger/

I'll let ager make the more in depth post

damn whirling defense looks awesome

You can teach an old dog new tricks, but a stubborn bitch won't learn anything. -pickledundead

#53 Tiger-Flavored Cereal

Tiger-Flavored Cereal

Let's go exploring!

• Members
  • 538 posts
  • Scout, Soldier, Demoman

Posted July 14 2010 - 11:04 AM

Guild Wars 2 allows you to re-enact The Birds, apparently.
(Those crunching noises just aren't right @_@)
Don't you hate it when your boogers freeze up?

#54 Ager

Ager

• Scrimmer
  • 6261 posts
  • Medic

Posted July 14 2010 - 11:49 AM

I think this will make you happy rat with rifle:

http://www.guildwars...essions/ranger/

I'll let ager make the more in depth post

damn whirling defense looks awesome

Oh, thanks! I have the site's RSS feed on my hotbar, but that article wasn't shown yet...

Posted Image

The Ranger

tl:dr

As the name implies, this profession is specialized in ranged attacks. Rangers are accompanied by pets (one at the time, 3 at most), who defend the Ranger and distract the enemy for him while he fires away. These pets evolve and grow along with their master

Rangers are great for crowd control, since they can quickly spread status ailments. For example: using a spread shot through flames ignites the arrows, burning several enemies at once (this can be seen in the "Spread Shot" video).

The main mechanics from the previous game, setting traps and summoning spirits, seem to remain more or less the same. Once more, these are great to spread status changes to multiple targets in a large area.

The Ranger can also defend himself pretty well at close quarters, by skillfully dodging and ricocheting attacks. A great exemple of the latter is the returning skill "Whirling defence": this time you don't see just a pretty aura around your character; (s)he really takes his/her weapons and bounces off every incoming attack for a short ammount of time.

#55 Ager

Ager

• Scrimmer
  • 6261 posts
  • Medic

Posted August 08 2010 - 03:22 AM

Gee, I haven't posted any updates in a while, haven't I? Here goes:

Progression and leveling

tl;dr
  • The level cap is 80
  • Players level at a constant speed; the reasoning behind this is that progress is not only leveling, but also "achievements, trait collection, crafting, dungeons, skill collection, items, and much more."
Personality
tl;dr
  • Your character's personality is defined by your in-game actions and interactions with NPC's
  • Through personality you gain karma points, which wield rewards
  • Your personality will affect how NPC's act towards you
  • You can change your personality over time
Voiceovers and dialogue
tl;dr
  • ArenaNet: "Using speech bubbles as a way of communication sucks. Let's give every character something to say, like in GTA4."
  • They are voicing "the equivalent of more than 60 feature-length films."
  • Your character won't be constantly spouting one-liners (hey, this is a TF2 community, we're kinda used to that kind of thing)
  • Dialogue won't be given in a stiff ye Olde English

BONUS!

Gamescom goodness!
tl;dr
  • Live demo's on 45 stations!
  • Artwork and book giveaways! Signed and all!
  • Panel discussions with the dev team!
  • A costume competition, a community party, and a couple incredible surprises!
  • Fabulous prizes!
Also, here is a Concept Art slideshow, with background music composed by Jeremy Soule:
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_RxPXsOSNA"]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=0_RxPXsOSNA[/url]

#56 pickledundead

pickledundead

The Pickleman

• Members
  • 663 posts

Posted August 08 2010 - 06:20 AM

T-T...NCsoft...you torture me...I'm to poor to go to Germany to check out GW2...

You can teach an old dog new tricks, but a stubborn bitch won't learn anything. -pickledundead

#57 Ager

Ager

• Scrimmer
  • 6261 posts
  • Medic

Posted August 08 2010 - 08:05 AM

T-T...NCsoft...you torture me...I'm to poor to go to Germany to check out GW2...

And I have exams soon ;_; (I'm also too poor)

#58 Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe

A Real Arabian Hero!

• Scrimmer
  • 792 posts

Posted August 08 2010 - 08:57 AM

I hope someone gets us some footage of the demo. This game has me going crazy! I've gotta get it! :o
Posted Image

#59 pickledundead

pickledundead

The Pickleman

• Members
  • 663 posts

Posted August 08 2010 - 10:28 AM

And I have exams soon ;_; (I'm also too poor)

well at least you are on the same continent as it...I'm stuck on the other side of the Atlantic...T-T

the nearest big gaming convention to me is pax east, which is 4 states away in Boston. 2 and a passport if I cut through Canada.

#60 Scare

Scare

S.P.E.C.T.R.E.

• Administrators
  • 2945 posts

Posted August 08 2010 - 11:06 AM

Um, gencon is right by you, and happening right now. :P
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users