• This topic is locked This topic is locked
75 replies to this topic

#61 AL!

AL!

Medic in black

• Members
  • 1162 posts

Posted May 10 2010 - 08:39 AM

I just wanted to wear the hl2/l4d2 gnome as a hat.... I already had great fun making the tanks wear his cap.... cute and creepy :)

#62 Beehive

Beehive

Hola

• Scrimmer
  • 2829 posts
  • Minecraft:Beehive
  • Scout, Soldier, Pyro, Demoman, Heavy, Engineer, Sniper, Medic, Spy

Posted May 13 2010 - 04:27 AM

But it's just hats, i mean they just make you look different. They dont change the gameplay like the weapons.
Axel: I saw beehive and I thought I was saved
Axel: And then I remembered
Axel: it's beehive

Beehive: does it mean the cool swedish people live in gothenburg?
Zeta: no, they live in ezgudforyouburg

#63 Manatees

Manatees

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Spy

Posted May 24 2010 - 05:01 PM

Man its gonna suck if they start making us pay money for exclusive items. Mostly because i donthave very much money but even if i did i dont want this to be something like WoW where u pay 84$ every year just to keep playing. This enrages me! >:(

#64 HatTheTurtle

HatTheTurtle

Holding that L since 20XX

• Scrim Admins
  • 2333 posts

Posted May 24 2010 - 06:51 PM

Man its gonna suck if they start making us pay money for exclusive items. Mostly because i donthave very much money but even if i did i dont want this to be something like WoW where u pay 84$ every year just to keep playing. This enrages me! >:(

Well, the logic there is a bit flawed. Even if they DO start charging, you would not be forced to buy the items, nor would they be required to play the game.

#65 ratty

ratty

Double rainbow all the way

• Ratty
  • 13343 posts

Posted May 25 2010 - 12:07 AM

It's all speculation at this point, but even if they did, its just hats, nobody needs them.
And things are looking good on the equipment manager, and the custom hats the community makes are way better anyway.

#66 kami

kami

It only matters if it rocks.

• Members
  • 1474 posts

Posted May 25 2010 - 09:45 AM

so the server reset and the equipment manager is back with four hats: antlers, clover, pedobear and the fox tail. Awesome ^__^

#67 ratty

ratty

• Ratty
  • 13343 posts

Posted May 25 2010 - 12:27 PM

It's still in testing, its been crashing the server. When I know its working and stable, I was going to make an announcement that its back.

#68 AdiposeTissue

AdiposeTissue

More like AdiPROse

• Scrimmer
  • 2173 posts

Posted May 25 2010 - 12:37 PM

so the server reset and the equipment manager is back with four hats: antlers, clover, pedobear and the fox tail. Awesome ^__^

I can have my clover back!?

YAAY =3

#69 Thaurian

Thaurian

Manual included

• Members
  • 1604 posts
  • Minecraft:Thaurian
  • Medic

Posted May 25 2010 - 12:55 PM

Sounds great, missed the tails
Goddamn cat.
TF2 Backpack

#70 Melkyore

Melkyore

Hi

• Administrators
  • 558 posts

Posted May 25 2010 - 03:41 PM

I missed wearing antlers. They fit in so well with the Professional's Panama.
I MADE A WEBSITE. IT HAS 1990s HTML GOODNESS

Story Time:On Badlands, I was on the center control point. I tried to rocketjump and my rocket went through a hole in the wooden planks.

#71 Zetsubou

Zetsubou

kind of impossible to talk to

• TF2 Admins
  • 2940 posts

Posted May 25 2010 - 11:45 PM

It seemed like some hats equipped through the /em were causing the main server to crash this evening. I'm not sure if it was really the case, but the only admin I can recall being there was cookypuss, and it was disabled a few maps later.
Nothing

#72 ratty

ratty

• Ratty
  • 13343 posts

Posted May 26 2010 - 01:00 AM

Yeah I saw the crashes and had to disable it.

#73 monster+

monster+

wsz

• Scrimmer
  • 1357 posts
  • Scout, Soldier, Demoman

Posted May 26 2010 - 11:12 AM

Okay, so its still buggy.
Was wondering why its been on/off and why it wasn't on Eggs or Bacon.

#74 Zetsubou

Zetsubou

kind of impossible to talk to

• TF2 Admins
  • 2940 posts

Posted May 27 2010 - 10:26 AM

There were no crashes this morning when i was playing. (about 9am-10am California Time). I noticed alot of pedobears, and it wasnt really lagging or crashing the server at all. All hats and fox tails seemed to look good too. The only one I might've been suspicious about was the "quest" hat, since I saw that one when it was crashing the other day, but today, I didnt see any admin hats at all and it was fine... maybe its just a coincidence.
Nothing

#75 ratty

ratty

• Ratty
  • 13343 posts

Posted May 27 2010 - 10:45 AM

There was an update to it so I put that on yesterday. It has stopped crashing, but I noticed some general weirdness, one of the doors on cp_well stayed open, and that semi-circle glass barrier behind the last cap (between the cap and the spawn) just vanished. Then the hats just stopped working altogether. I have only seen it happen when we force hats on everyone.

update: there was another update this morning, I just put that on now. I tried equiping a hat on everyone at the server console, but it gave an error, it may not be working at all. I'm not at a computer that can run TF2 right now so I can't really see.

#76 ratty

ratty

• Ratty
  • 13343 posts

Posted September 30 2010 - 11:26 AM

To be honest, it'll totally be a dick move if Valve does go for the "Buy-Games-For-New-Hats" approach.

Personally, I don't see the point of it either. If there's one thing that MAY justify that sort of act is for promotional purposes. Even that, by going with the said approach, TF2 players whom are desperate for hats will rage their asses off, and will make it look as if Valve is forcing them to buy the stated games to get hats.

Seriously, I know people are already working on crafting and random drops to get hats. That's basically more than enough burden to get them. But by going with said approach would just be rubbing it in. At least spare the equipment manager, it's not like it permanently give hats to players.

Just my 2 cents.

I have to agree, it really would be a dick move.
Oh wait.
I guess I get to say "I told you so" to a lot of people, though I am not happy about it.

Keeping this topic locked, we can talk about today's update here
http://forums.nom-no...topic/8886-tf2-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users