Sign in to follow this  
ratty

Welcome Back Custom Hats

Just say /em to bring up the menu.

You can only use it to equip the custom hats not made by Valve. This was a comprimise that many of us server owners are agreeing to so Valve doesn't put a stop to it again. And thanks to voogru for making this possible, it was quite an effort, political and technical.

Read more about it here

I laughed when I read You would not remake ctf_2fort.

No, I wouldn't! Who needs more of that crap?!

But really, this is a cool compromise. I'll be impressed if it actually lasts a decent amount of time.

So if Valve does try to pin us down for "infrigement".... what are we gonna do? :mellow:

Depends if Neh uploaded his anywhere I think. Any way to prove that it was made before Valve's.

in the unlikely event they care, i'm sure there are plenty of screenshots/videos/etc showing it that can be clearly dated to long before valve's version. it's been around since like, fall of last year or earlier, and valve's was in march so... yeah

I liked the Nom-specific hats better anyway. It felt better to be wearing the shamrock hat rather than the Ushanka that I didn't earn*.

*randomly find

I welcome back our silly tails. Also I've noticed that equipment persists between connections. That's nice.

This whole equipment stuff seems like a bit of bullshit on valve's part.

HATS

I welcome back our silly tails. Also I've noticed that equipment persists between connections. That's nice.

This whole equipment stuff seems like a bit of bullshit on valve's part.

HATS

I should really look into making more stupid replacements like the tail I did for you guys.

THE ANTLERS ARE BACK

There was just something missing without them.

Created too much lag for some reason. It doesn't have a lot of polygons, but for some reason it lagged people.

Created too much lag for some reason. It doesn't have a lot of polygons, but for some reason it lagged people.

Okay. Didnt notice much lag when it was on em