#1 QuaintHazard

QuaintHazard

Hazardly Hazardous

• TF2 Admins
  • 3850 posts

Posted June 21 2010 - 01:03 PM

Nom-Nom-Nom Downloads Archive

Last Updated: December 25th, 2012

Thanks to Ratty, the downloads for Nom-Nom-Nom are publicly available without the use of 3rd party sites to do the dirty work of hosting. However, using it may be a bit confusing at first, so this thread will explain how to use the Nom-Nom-Nom Download Directory, and where to put these files on your computer.

Accessing and Using the Download Directory

1. The first thing to know is where the directory is. To access it, simply click here.

You will first come across an index with various folders (maps, materials, models, particles, sound), each representing the folders in the tf folder on your own computer.

The tf folder in your computer can be found at :

(your dir)\Steam\steamapps\(your username)\team fortress 2\tf\

You will have to use this folder quite often, so having a shortcut to the tf folder will help save time going back and forth within your computer (right click the tf folder, and send to desktop for an easy shortcut).

2. Secondly, almost every file in the Downloads Directory are compressed in .bz2 (bzip2) file, which will require some extracting. An uncompressing files is required, and needs to be able to extract from a .bz2 file as well. My suggestion is using WinRAR for the job, as you are easily able to extract the real file from the folder.

You can download a copy of WinRAR from here. My suggestion is to use a localized English copy. When installing WinRAR, be sure to associate every file with WinRAR to make things easier.

3. After downloading files, make sure to extract them. Select all the files you have downloaded, select “Extract Here” in the WinRAR options. This will make a copy of the file inside the .bz2 and paste them in the folder as their native file type. After extracting, be sure to delete the .bz2 files.

4. Lastly, be sure to put the extracted files in the correct folder, corresponding the download directory. For example, if I downloaded something from:

http://gamedownloads.nom-nom-nom.us/tf/models/items/

I would have to put the native file in the extract same folder directory :

(your dir)\Steam\steamapps\(your username)\team fortress 2\tf\models\items

This ensures that when connecting to Nom-Nom-Nom, the server can locate your files, enabling you to play without the need to download it. If a folder does not exist, you will have to make it yourself.

NOTE: I suggest making a temporary, fake tf folder on your desktop first, and making the folders yourself inside the faux tf folder. After that, you are able to place the native files into each area, and once done, simply drag the faux tf folder over the real tf folder. It will ask you if you want to merge, and select yes. If any files need to be overwritten, select copy and replace. This way will ensure you that the files and folders were properly placed, and any duplicates are overwritten with a new version.

Downloading Models/Textures/Particles

The most work needed in downloading these files is simply placing all these files in the correct place without messing up. This can be a large nuisance, which is exactly why I did all the work on this part for you guys.

Nom-Nom-Nom Main Download Package v3

You are welcome to download all the files for these directories, but I ensure you that downloading this package will save you much more time, frustration, and effort on your part. All you need to do is unzip it, and drag the tf folder over your own tf folder, and merge.

Downloading Maps

Maps, which are located in the tf/maps folder, can be downloaded right here.

These files, like most of the others in the directory, will be compressed in a .bz2 format, so WinRAR or another uncompressing program is required. The native files are .bsp, and must be placed here:

(your dir)\Steam\steamapps\(your username)\team fortress 2\tf\maps

These files are a bit large, so they might take awhile to download them all. The list in the directory, however, is constantly updated, if you are missing a map, be sure to check in there for a new version.

Maps that never have to be downloaded:
There are some maps that do not have to be installed at all, as they are official (vanilla maps), and they are automatically added to your map list if you do not have them after each update. The list below are vanilla maps that you do not have to worry about.

Spoiler:

Arena (arena)
Spoiler:
arena_badlands
arena_granary
arena_lumberyard
arena_nucleus
arena_offblast_final
arena_ravine
arena_sawmill
arena_watchtower
arena_well

Control Point (cp)
Spoiler:
cp_badlands
cp_dustbowl
cp_egypt_final
cp_fastlane
cp_freight_final1
cp_gorge
cp_granary
cp_gravelpit
cp_junction_final
cp_steel
cp_well
cp_yukon_final

Capture the Flag (ctf)
Spoiler:
ctf_2fort
ctf_doublecross
ctf_sawmill
ctf_turbine
ctf_well

King of the Hill (koth)
Spoiler:
koth_harvest_final
koth_harvest_event
koth_nucleus
koth_sawmill
koth_viaduct

Payload (pl)
Spoiler:
pl_badwater
pl_goldrush
pl_hoodoo_final

Payload Race (plr)
Spoiler:
plr_pipeline

Territorial Control (tc)
Spoiler:
tc_hydro

Training (tr)
Spoiler:
tr_target

Downloading Sounds (Misc/Music)

Sound files, are located in the tf/sound folder, and can be downloaded right here.

Most of these files won’t be compressed into a .bz2, but some are, so be sure to uncompress them when you download them. Make sure that each sound is in its correct folder (Mario, misc, or nomnomnomsongs), located here:

(your dir)\Steam\steamapps\(your username)\team fortress 2\tf\sound

These files, like the maps, are a bit larger, so it might take awhile downloading them all, and the directory is always updated.

If you’re not sure which sound file is what song in the nomnomnomsongs folder, be sure to check here for details.

Questions?

If you have any concerns or questions about this archive, please feel free to post, and I’ll try to get on it right away. If something is wrong with downloading from the directory however, you must post right away, and I’ll send a note to Ratty (hopefully there shouldn’t be a problem though). I hope you guys find this useful for the rest of your time on this server!

Edited by QuaintHazard, December 25 2012 - 10:18 PM.

Posted Image

#2 Smyther

Smyther

Certified youtube browser.

• Scrimmer
  • 2493 posts

Posted June 21 2010 - 01:09 PM

Instant download. This'll come in handy soon.

Also, I see the goomba stomp files are still there. What's the situation with this plugin?
Capt. Yoshika Miyako: yarrr let's conqeur mexico

Iz so!~ [SWF2]: I'm teaching my friend how to play touhou
Sentry Gun (HatTheTurtle): Have you told them to roll their face across the keyboard yet?

#3 ChibiFlakes25

ChibiFlakes25

Army had a half day.

• Members
  • 1451 posts

Posted June 21 2010 - 01:09 PM

Thank you my good man! I had to reinstall Steam, plus I'm getting a new laptop soon, so this will be very helpful to me in the future! and now.
Posted Image

#4 Edel

Edel

I fight so that she may go on; For I am just a horse.

• Validating
  • 6008 posts

Posted June 21 2010 - 01:57 PM

Quaint is credit to slow downloading team

76561197999586213.png

#5 QuaintHazard

QuaintHazard

Hazardly Hazardous

• TF2 Admins
  • 3850 posts

Posted June 26 2010 - 05:43 PM

Hear ye, Hear ye! All of you here, listen to what I say.
I have completely changed this thread into an all in one, including the now public Game Downloads (thanks Ratty), however, you might be confused on how to use it. Above me is a tutorial on how to use it, and how to install each things. Hopefully it'll be a faster process than before and you guys can enjoy the game more.
Posted Image

#6 Neh

Neh

Hiya!

• Administrators
  • 3257 posts

Posted June 26 2010 - 06:31 PM

There is no link to the song list. Also, it should be noted that a large number of song files in the nomnomnomsongs download link are no longer used, and should not be downloaded.

Perhaps one of us could clean out the old, unused songs... not something I'm looking forward to, though.

#7 QuaintHazard

QuaintHazard

Hazardly Hazardous

• TF2 Admins
  • 3850 posts

Posted June 26 2010 - 06:36 PM

My mistake, broken link has been fixed, thank you Neh.

As for the unused songs, yeah, but there is a lot of unused material in the models/materials too. Spring cleaning (though its already summer) could be useful for the whole directory (eg. mario sounds for the goomba stomp plugin, I don't know if that'll ever come back). For now though, I guess its a "Better safe than sorry" kind of thing.

I'd help you guys out with that, but I'm not that important yet. XD
Posted Image

#8 AsianLOL

AsianLOL

Who the hell do you think I am?

• Members
  • 2612 posts
  • Scout, Soldier, Engineer

Posted June 27 2010 - 09:23 PM

You spelled downloads wrong in the very first line of the thread.

And thank you for doing this, something i needed so i can get back to nom

BagOfFriedRice.png

Axel: SWEET JESUS. :o

...I bow to you, oh master of the art of off. engie.

"If you're gonna dig, dig to pierce the heavens! Even if it's my own grave I'm digging, I keep going! Once I've dug my way through, It's my win!"

#9 QuaintHazard

QuaintHazard

Hazardly Hazardous

• TF2 Admins
  • 3850 posts

Posted June 27 2010 - 09:32 PM

Yeah, I usually don't spell check anything.
Thanks.
Posted Image

#10 AsianLOL

AsianLOL

• Members
  • 2612 posts

Posted June 27 2010 - 11:26 PM

cp_freight_final1 is a custom map right?
It's on the mapcycle but i can't seem to find it in the download list :/

BagOfFriedRice.png

"If you're gonna dig, dig to pierce the heavens! Even if it's my own grave I'm digging, I keep going! Once I've dug my way through, It's my win!"

#11 OmegaBlade

OmegaBlade

I am the Milkman. My milk is delicious.

• Members
  • 313 posts
  • Scout, Soldier, Pyro, Heavy, Medic

Posted June 27 2010 - 11:51 PM

QuaintHazard is kredit to Nom.

#12 ratty

ratty

Double rainbow all the way

• Ratty
  • 13343 posts

Posted June 28 2010 - 04:01 AM

cp_freight_final1 is a custom map right?
It's on the mapcycle but i can't seem to find it in the download list :/

It's a Valve map. Since it was already final when Valve added it, they had to call theirs final1. So its like "final, for reals this time guys!".

#13 QuaintHazard

QuaintHazard

Hazardly Hazardous

• TF2 Admins
  • 3850 posts

Posted June 28 2010 - 07:01 AM

Thanks AsianLOL, you just reminded me something I forgot to put into here:
Valve maps that don't have to be downloaded.
Posted Image

#14 AsianLOL

AsianLOL

• Members
  • 2612 posts

Posted June 28 2010 - 10:45 PM

Oh okay, thanks

Uhh you're welcome i guess. Even though i really didn't do anything :P

BagOfFriedRice.png

#15 Wulfie

Wulfie

Not even from the Pokéhoods

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted July 04 2010 - 02:51 PM

Downloading Sounds (Misc/Music)

Sound files, are located in the tf/sounds folder, and can be downloaded right here.

Could you remove the last S from the link, please? Since the folder on the server link is /sound/ not /sounds/ .

Well, either that, or make the original page 'sounds' as well.
3DS: 4828 - 4412 - 4409
AC:NL : Ruelle

Posted Image

#16 K2.

K2.

Something witty

• Scrimmer
  • 2289 posts
  • Scout, Soldier, Pyro, Demoman, Engineer, Sniper

Posted July 04 2010 - 03:18 PM

There is no link to the song list. Also, it should be noted that a large number of song files in the nomnomnomsongs download link are no longer used, and should not be downloaded.

Perhaps one of us could clean out the old, unused songs... not something I'm looking forward to, though.

well...your idea so

#17 QuaintHazard

QuaintHazard

Hazardly Hazardous

• TF2 Admins
  • 3850 posts

Posted July 04 2010 - 08:52 PM

Could you remove the last S from the link, please? Since the folder on the server link is /sound/ not /sounds/ .

Well, either that, or make the original page 'sounds' as well.

Thank you, fixed.
Posted Image

#18 The_Victor

The_Victor

Derp

• Scrimmer
  • 1492 posts

Posted September 20 2010 - 05:40 PM

Is there a way to download all the individual files in one big folder or am I forced to click each and every icon?

The nom songs used to be in a single big folder

10 months later:
Thank you for putting the songs into a single download folder!

Edited by TheVictor, July 05 2011 - 06:12 PM.

#19 QuaintHazard

QuaintHazard

Hazardly Hazardous

• TF2 Admins
  • 3850 posts

Posted December 25 2012 - 10:17 PM

After a very long time away from this, I updated the Main Download Package again to include more recent material that has been uploaded onto the Nom-Nom-Nom servers.

Nom-Nom-Nom Main Download Package v3

If someone is new here and is getting impatient about downloading, don't forget to direct them here! :)
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users