Sign in to follow this  
IzThatSo~?

Anyone Want To Play? 12.3

So about a few weeks ago, I got my hands on Touhou 12.3 after finishing SWR's story on hard for every character. I really got into 12.3, and its safe to say I'm quite addicted to the game. I got a few friends into it too, but thats beside the point.

The question was: Anybody still play 12.3 (Hisoutensoku)? If so, read the topic title. I played with a couple of friends using Hamachi in my area, but I also want to try to go against other people elsewhere. (Don't get me wrong, they are pretty good). That and, I want to see if it is even possible to play when the players are so far away~

I'm new here! Take it EASY!

I'd love to play some Hisoutensoku sometime! I'm not that great, but it's fun anyways :P Although, in my experience, hamachi seemed to lag a lot for me (Maybe due to the across the world-ness with the person I was playing with), and the lag cleared up when we just used regular IP's to connect. Or maybe it was connecting to something else? I forget Dx

I would love to as well! Although I'm not too sure how the multiplayer works... I saw someone using an external program or something for it but I don't know if it's better just to use what's in game or not.

Well, that external program is probably, maybe..., Hamachi. I don't really experience lag through Hamachi, considering my friends are literally next door or across the street. We could try Hamachi first, but if lag is too overwhelming then we can to use our regular IP addresses but I'm not sure how one is to obtain their IP address.

We can Hamachi first. If you have Hamachi, join the network. Make things easier.

Network Name: CountryVilTouhou

Ask for the password

Just tell me what your names are on Hamachi.

This is tempting. However, things didn't work out to well for me last time I tried this.

I was battling Toroi, and then half-way through the match ... we'd both see the other person doing stupid things, and we'd both win ... and save no replay.

I would love to as well! Although I'm not too sure how the multiplayer works... I saw someone using an external program or something for it but I don't know if it's better just to use what's in game or not.

It was more likely than not Hamachi, which basically just makes a fake LAN network. I'm sure there's a more technical name to it, and a better way to describe it, but it pretty much just lets you connect to other computers on the network as if it were a LAN

I believe that would be a called a virtual network. which is what you said about a fake LAN.OO and i just checked the Hamachi group when I got home and saw Hat. SO welcome to the group.

This is tempting. However, things didn't work out to well for me last time I tried this.

I was battling Toroi, and then half-way through the match ... we'd both see the other person doing stupid things, and we'd both win ... and save no replay.

You guys prolly lost sync. You could always try again. Who knows, maybe it be different this time. =)

I got a few friends into it too, but thats beside the point.

*ahem*

Also, we do experience lag Asher! Except it's because I use Sakuya lol. And yeah his name is Asher everyone. Welcome him to Nom!

Also, we do experience lag Asher! Except it's because I use Sakuya lol. And yeah his name is Asher everyone. Welcome him to Nom!

Lol, its only, probably, because of sync. Most of the time we don't experience lag. If we do, its more like everyone is slowed down but in control rather than characters moving wildly across the screen.

Also, I like to thank Hattheturtle for playing a couple of matches on 12.3 with me and another member of the hamachi network. He pretty good too.

There's a few links I got for that program, what's the most secure site to get Hamachi?

Welcome Snowbird!

*Edit*

Nice Usage of random characters, especially Okuu, considering she is my favorite character. Did get you with that train thooooo =P

...Wait, so now there's Me (HatTheTurtle), FlyingHat, and now Awkward Turtle? T_T I suppose I'll just have to get used to people calling me SG :P

Maybe you're the offspring of FlyingHat and I? Buwahaha. There's also a Sea Turtle and IliekTurtles somewhere on the Bacon servers... and if we call you SG i'm going to think "Submachine Gun" xD

Lol. So many turtles! Not that I'm complaining

In other news and off topic.

So about a few weeks ago, I got my hands on Touhou 12.3 after finishing SWR's story on hard for every character. I really got into 12.3, and its safe to say I'm quite addicted to THE GAME. I got a few friends into it too, but thats beside the point.

Well my good sirs, I do believe I lost.

Hey, just wondering when everyone is on to play.

I’ve been playing mostly with IsThatSo~ and no one else seems to be active as well at the time. Maybe because usually play later in the evening but…

Yeah. You might have to chat with people like LawnChair, Jeremy, or Hat on 1 on 1 sessions rather through the network chat. Also, take into account that LawnChair and others sometimes don't notice the windows notice thing that pops up when one of us sends a msg, maybe they playing a game on full screen and cant see. If that does happen, you can just come ask me to ask them. I got other ways of talking to the other members.

On the sidenot: Im still looking to make this group a lot bigger.

I'm on pretty much all the time (I leave my computer on even when I'm out, I need to cut that habit :x), but I might not be on the computer, as you've just read 5 seconds ago. Just post a message on the network chat, and if I'm on, I'll most likely read it. Also, perhaps a steam group might help? Although I don't know if we have enough people to warrant one.

Have been eyeing this thread for a while.

I'd say I've love to, but I'll just be kidding myself. I can't play the fighting games well for shit. As in still haven't figured out all the good combos for any characters yet. Even Reisen, my favorite character. ;~;

Then again, I'm not that good at the danmaku ones, so yeah.

Lulcombos. Suwako's retardedly hard at combos, the timing for them is so weird Dx Like 5AAA puts you into the air in the transition of the 3/4th hits to the 5th hit, so you cancel out of it into a 6B, which pushes you back, so you dash back, and finish with a 5AA (or a 6AA, I can't remember), it's retarded T_T

Have been eyeing this thread for a while.

Same here, though this would involve getting 12.3. Persuade me and I will play!

I'd say I've love to, but I'll just be kidding myself. I can't play the fighting games well for shit. As in still haven't figured out all the good combos for any characters yet. Even Reisen, my favorite character. ;~;

On the same boat as you, I don't know any combos for most characters, I just make stuff as I go along. (less stress and memorization that way) But if you do want a combo, thats reason 2 why theres a group. We can help you out with combos for specific characters. For now, you can try using the Universal Combo I ran into when i first started playing. (5AAA5B5C or add direction + 22special). Works with most characters.

I do say people get better overtime with experience.

Like 5AAA puts you into the air in the transition of the 3/4th hits to the 5th hit, so you cancel out of it into a 6B, which pushes you back, so you dash back, and finish with a 5AA

Wahhh??I could never get how people use Suwako. Sooo confusing, to me anyways.

Same here, though this would involve getting 12.3. Persuade me and I will play!

Play and Ill be you best friend. =)

Play with me and you'll have found another game to dominate me in :P