Sign in to follow this  
Valiantsix

...and It Made Me Smile

Alright, saw the rant topic and I'm a guy who hates to see people rant. It presents a side people usually don't wanna see and to me it's irritating seeing people pent-up and negative, but hey, sometimes people need to vent whether in real life or in online flavor (so I never explore those threads). What I did notice is there is no positive counterpart (at least to my limited knowledge).

A while back I used to go to a forum and a great guy there created the "...and it made me smile" thread. A page to write about events that happened that put a happy smile on your face. You: saw an awesome movie, got a hilarious kill on TF2, asked that one girl out, did a perfect Charger bowl, listened to a really cool song, worked on your truck, got a raise, etc etc.

A thread dedicated to all those events in life, big or small, that just, as the title says, made you smile.

I'll start things off by a couple of things today:

In my shop I work on units to a plane. My supervisor asked me to go grab a unit and when I was carrying the heavy sucker to our station I noticed the way it was meant to be carried was like the Heavy carrying his minigun. I had the same waddle and everything. When I got near her I pretended to "fire" it like the Heavy's minigun and imitate the Heavy's "vzzzzzzzzrtttt brrrrrrttt ahahaha!" She of course facepalmed and told me to get back to work but it put a smile on my face.

After work went and spoke with the Japanese girls at the pizza hut and learned "Busy" in Japanese. It's always fun flirting with Japanese women and learning the language.

Hope to hear some fun optimistic stuff from ya'll!

I was hanging out with my friends and the girl i like for the whole day a couple of days ago, and i saw her again the next day

... and it/she made me smile :D

I got 4 special edition Tsuabasa manga volumes that costed me 105 yen each when their original price was at least 1100 yen

and that made me smile A LOT(I love you book off, I'm going to miss you the most when I'm out of Japan)

I saw Phil Harris' final episode of Deadliest Catch and the After the Catch Special on him. Hearing all those stories made me smile... in a sad way...

am in korea right now, just went to korean bbq place with friends for one of my friends birthday. im standing as we are about to pay the bill and one of the waitresses comes up to me and tries to hand me the books that my friend forgot to pick up. im looking at her not understanding cuz i dont speak korean and we locked eyes and had a very sincere and kind of "understanding" stare for a good minute. people were like wtf and interrupted us and broke the trance that we were in.

every time we looked at each other again, we couldnt help blushing and looking away smiling. she is very beautiful and that one minute of eye contact felt like we both knew everything about each other.

i walked out of the restaurant looking back waving and smiling at her and she did the same and seemed kind of sad when i left.

eventhough it being a very unusual way to meet someone, i think we connected and i should go talk to her tomorrow

i am still smiling :)

am in korea right now, just went to korean bbq place with friends for one of my friends birthday. im standing as we are about to pay the bill and one of the waitresses comes up to me and tries to hand me the books that my friend forgot to pick up. im looking at her not understanding cuz i dont speak korean and we locked eyes and had a very sincere and kind of "understanding" stare for a good minute. people were like wtf and interrupted us and broke the trance that we were in.

every time we looked at each other again, we couldnt help blushing and looking away smiling. she is very beautiful and that one minute of eye contact felt like we both knew everything about each other.

i walked out of the restaurant looking back waving and smiling at her and she did the same and seemed kind of sad when i left.

eventhough it being a very unusual way to meet someone, i think we connected and i should go talk to her tomorrow

i am still smiling :)

d'awwwww

^^ This post made me smile. In fact just reading about other people being happy seems to make me happy.

seconded

^^ This post made me smile. In fact just reading about other people being happy seems to make me happy.

That, my friend, is how the thread works. :) Hearing great stories, happy stories, brings some positive feelings to everyone. Reversely it is the same. Just reading some of the stuff you guys wrote is entertaining. That's why I wanted to bring that old thread from back when over here.

Valiant I love you so much for making this thread. ;u;

Anyway, lately I've been using my morning time every day, since no one else is really online when I wake up, to walk down to the duckpond.

Well, every time I went there I saw a very strange duck...

He had a red face

and yellow feet

and his body was black and blue-ish with very few (maybe 5 or 6) white feathers

and his feathers were all messy

and he walked very strange too

like, he would jab his head out far in front of him, and then the rest of his body would waddle up to where his head was. And he would repeat that motion like a caterpillar.

He didn't have much luck with the other duckies either. He would waddle over to all the cute lady ducks and they would fly off. And so I named him Itch. u_u

In any case, watching this duck is endless entertainment and his antics always make me smile.

i'm still smiling from when he said he loved me

also im getting a pet crab soon

a pet crab

thats the most awesome thing ever

Music for me is like double rainbows for this

You guys maybe think im wierd but when i listen to my music and use my headphones to get max feeling, it really really makes my soul dance to the beat. My passion for music is .. very deep

even though i love music, i cant play any instruments :P

... and ofcourse this makes me smile

Summer's over halfway done. Only a month and a half left.

Truth is indeed, a terrible thing.

Edit: I killed this thread's momentum, and it made me smile.

Edited by GreyMatter

I heard that Coheed and Cambria will be playing a venue less than four blocks from my house. Tickets are $25 dollars. This made me smile :3

Yesterday was my birthday and I spent all day with the most amazing girl and the best friends anybody could ask for. :)

I don't think I have ever been as happy as I am with my life right now! I needs to stay this way for...ever :)

I played Pyro on TF2lobby, reflect killed medics, soldiers, all dat jizz, to hear Neo ragin' on the other team, and lyke, I raffed. :3

I'm getting married, again, and it made me smile.

Nah Jk, But I did have one bad day when I was told I wasn't getting my Hello Panda, so then I messaged a girl I loved, she replied, it made me smile :>

Chloes new spray made me smile :)

Posted Image

OH MY GOD NO NOT THIS AGAIN, Although thats nice it made you smil- Brother...are you gay?!

I linked her to this one song, and yesterday she told me she was listening to it again, and she loved it. It made me smile c:

Also making a playlist of songs that remind me of her. Always makes me smile~

Hmm... Let's see.

Oh. I was out with some friends, shopping around the Mall. We were walking down to the Food court when this one guy came up to me. o_o He said, "Excuse me miss..." He grabbed my hands and looked me straight in the eyes. "Are you an angel? Because I've never seen such exquisite beauty radiating from a woman like you."

...and that is what made me smile. And made my day. XD

^^ Aww seriously that's so sweet. I'll actually say that this thread has melted this grumpy bastard's ice cold heart.

But for an actual contribution, this is a few weeks back but it was a moment I actually wished we had a happy experiences thread or the like.

I was up around 2am and as I was going to sleep I turned the light off and something caught my eye - the sunrise. I totally forgot it was the longest day of the year. The sun hadn't actually gone down.

Now this sounds a bit naff but I watched for hours as the sun rose slowly above the row of houses, shining majestically onto the damp grass, an almost magical colour, and a bird song symphony almost serenading my ears...

...And it made me smile.