8652 replies to this topic

#1 Valiantsix

Valiantsix

The Lovable one

• Members
  • 348 posts
  • Scout, Heavy, Medic

Posted July 14 2010 - 01:54 AM

Alright, saw the rant topic and I'm a guy who hates to see people rant. It presents a side people usually don't wanna see and to me it's irritating seeing people pent-up and negative, but hey, sometimes people need to vent whether in real life or in online flavor (so I never explore those threads). What I did notice is there is no positive counterpart (at least to my limited knowledge).

A while back I used to go to a forum and a great guy there created the "...and it made me smile" thread. A page to write about events that happened that put a happy smile on your face. You: saw an awesome movie, got a hilarious kill on TF2, asked that one girl out, did a perfect Charger bowl, listened to a really cool song, worked on your truck, got a raise, etc etc.

A thread dedicated to all those events in life, big or small, that just, as the title says, made you smile.

I'll start things off by a couple of things today:

In my shop I work on units to a plane. My supervisor asked me to go grab a unit and when I was carrying the heavy sucker to our station I noticed the way it was meant to be carried was like the Heavy carrying his minigun. I had the same waddle and everything. When I got near her I pretended to "fire" it like the Heavy's minigun and imitate the Heavy's "vzzzzzzzzrtttt brrrrrrttt ahahaha!" She of course facepalmed and told me to get back to work but it put a smile on my face.

After work went and spoke with the Japanese girls at the pizza hut and learned "Busy" in Japanese. It's always fun flirting with Japanese women and learning the language.

Hope to hear some fun optimistic stuff from ya'll!

#2 AsianLOL

AsianLOL

Who the hell do you think I am?

• Members
  • 2612 posts
  • Scout, Soldier, Engineer

Posted July 14 2010 - 02:40 AM

I was hanging out with my friends and the girl i like for the whole day a couple of days ago, and i saw her again the next day

... and it/she made me smile :D

BagOfFriedRice.png

Axel: SWEET JESUS. :o

...I bow to you, oh master of the art of off. engie.

"If you're gonna dig, dig to pierce the heavens! Even if it's my own grave I'm digging, I keep going! Once I've dug my way through, It's my win!"

#3 Dr. Soul

Dr. Soul

ech

• Scrimmer
  • 6921 posts
  • Scout, Pyro, Demoman, Medic

Posted July 14 2010 - 03:38 AM

I got 4 special edition Tsuabasa manga volumes that costed me 105 yen each when their original price was at least 1100 yen

and that made me smile A LOT(I love you book off, I'm going to miss you the most when I'm out of Japan)

"why am I the only one here not having a cock here?" -Fox McCrits

"Hey did you know that 4000 cats are eaten in China? Wanna pretend I'm asian and let me eat your pussyyyyy?"-Pikachu on LSD 

#4 Rat with a Rifle

Rat with a Rifle

I post a lot!

• Members
  • 941 posts
  • Heavy

Posted July 14 2010 - 03:50 AM

I saw Phil Harris' final episode of Deadliest Catch and the After the Catch Special on him. Hearing all those stories made me smile... in a sad way...
It doesn't matter how far apart we are. The bonds we've made will remain strong. Everyone's heart is connected to the people they know and trust. It's those bonds that let us all search for our purpose in life. As-long as it's a purpose you believe in, there will always be someone who can help you fulfill it. You, me, and everyone else. There are no barriers.

Our hearts are one.
Posted Image

#5 Employee of the Month

Employee of the Month

Will now only respond with pictures

• Members
  • 815 posts

Posted July 14 2010 - 03:57 AM

am in korea right now, just went to korean bbq place with friends for one of my friends birthday. im standing as we are about to pay the bill and one of the waitresses comes up to me and tries to hand me the books that my friend forgot to pick up. im looking at her not understanding cuz i dont speak korean and we locked eyes and had a very sincere and kind of "understanding" stare for a good minute. people were like wtf and interrupted us and broke the trance that we were in.

every time we looked at each other again, we couldnt help blushing and looking away smiling. she is very beautiful and that one minute of eye contact felt like we both knew everything about each other.
i walked out of the restaurant looking back waving and smiling at her and she did the same and seemed kind of sad when i left.

eventhough it being a very unusual way to meet someone, i think we connected and i should go talk to her tomorrow

i am still smiling :)
One fine spring day a disciple looked at some branches blowing in the wind.
He asked his master “master are the branches moving or is it the wind?”
Not even glancing to where the pupil was pointing the master smiled and said “that which moves is neither the branches nor the wind; it’s your heart and mind.”

emps backpack

Don't listen to that guy. He's trying to lead you down the path of righteousness. I'm gonna lead you down the path that rocks!

#6 Cornish Game Hen

Cornish Game Hen

Something happened

• Members
  • 989 posts

Posted July 14 2010 - 04:26 AM

^^ This post made me smile. In fact just reading about other people being happy seems to make me happy.

#7 AsianLOL

AsianLOL

Who the hell do you think I am?

• Members
  • 2612 posts
  • Scout, Soldier, Engineer

Posted July 14 2010 - 04:35 AM

am in korea right now, just went to korean bbq place with friends for one of my friends birthday. im standing as we are about to pay the bill and one of the waitresses comes up to me and tries to hand me the books that my friend forgot to pick up. im looking at her not understanding cuz i dont speak korean and we locked eyes and had a very sincere and kind of "understanding" stare for a good minute. people were like wtf and interrupted us and broke the trance that we were in.

every time we looked at each other again, we couldnt help blushing and looking away smiling. she is very beautiful and that one minute of eye contact felt like we both knew everything about each other.
i walked out of the restaurant looking back waving and smiling at her and she did the same and seemed kind of sad when i left.

eventhough it being a very unusual way to meet someone, i think we connected and i should go talk to her tomorrow

i am still smiling :)

d'awwwww

BagOfFriedRice.png

Axel: SWEET JESUS. :o

...I bow to you, oh master of the art of off. engie.

"If you're gonna dig, dig to pierce the heavens! Even if it's my own grave I'm digging, I keep going! Once I've dug my way through, It's my win!"

#8 Dr. Soul

Dr. Soul

ech

• Scrimmer
  • 6921 posts
  • Scout, Pyro, Demoman, Medic

Posted July 14 2010 - 04:35 AM

^^ This post made me smile. In fact just reading about other people being happy seems to make me happy.

seconded

"why am I the only one here not having a cock here?" -Fox McCrits

"Hey did you know that 4000 cats are eaten in China? Wanna pretend I'm asian and let me eat your pussyyyyy?"-Pikachu on LSD 

#9 Valiantsix

Valiantsix

The Lovable one

• Members
  • 348 posts
  • Scout, Heavy, Medic

Posted July 14 2010 - 04:38 AM

That, my friend, is how the thread works. :) Hearing great stories, happy stories, brings some positive feelings to everyone. Reversely it is the same. Just reading some of the stuff you guys wrote is entertaining. That's why I wanted to bring that old thread from back when over here.

#10 Colonel Carnotaurus

Colonel Carnotaurus

I post a lot!

• Members
  • 955 posts
  • Pyro

Posted July 14 2010 - 06:28 AM

Valiant I love you so much for making this thread. ;u;

Anyway, lately I've been using my morning time every day, since no one else is really online when I wake up, to walk down to the duckpond.
Well, every time I went there I saw a very strange duck...
He had a red face
and yellow feet
and his body was black and blue-ish with very few (maybe 5 or 6) white feathers
and his feathers were all messy
and he walked very strange too
like, he would jab his head out far in front of him, and then the rest of his body would waddle up to where his head was. And he would repeat that motion like a caterpillar.
He didn't have much luck with the other duckies either. He would waddle over to all the cute lady ducks and they would fly off. And so I named him Itch. u_u

In any case, watching this duck is endless entertainment and his antics always make me smile.
GameFreakerZero [Nom]: AND COLONEL, YOU'RE THE ONLY LOLI FOR ME I SWEAR

#11 Arty

Arty

You can leave your hat on

• Members
  • 1879 posts
  • Minecraft:artypi
  • Heavy, Sniper, Medic

Posted July 14 2010 - 07:12 AM

i'm still smiling from when he said he loved me

also im getting a pet crab soon
a pet crab
thats the most awesome thing ever

#12 Beehive

Beehive

Hola

• Scrimmer
  • 2829 posts
  • Minecraft:Beehive
  • Scout, Soldier, Pyro, Demoman, Heavy, Engineer, Sniper, Medic, Spy

Posted July 14 2010 - 07:18 AM

Music for me is like double rainbows for this guy

You guys maybe think im wierd but when i listen to my music and use my headphones to get max feeling, it really really makes my soul dance to the beat. My passion for music is .. very deep

even though i love music, i cant play any instruments :P

... and ofcourse this makes me smile
Axel: I saw beehive and I thought I was saved
Axel: And then I remembered
Axel: it's beehive

Beehive: does it mean the cool swedish people live in gothenburg?
Zeta: no, they live in ezgudforyouburg

#13 Heartlesskev

Heartlesskev

I post a lot!

• Scrimmer
  • 5095 posts

Posted July 14 2010 - 07:24 AM

the fact that my sister already has a DS and is playing like some sort of pro.

this made me smile :>

#14 DANGER_HIGH_VOLTAGE

DANGER_HIGH_VOLTAGE

Judgement!

• TF2 Admins
  • 5126 posts

Posted July 14 2010 - 07:55 AM

Whenever I'm feeling nervous (about learning to drive, or going to college at the end of this summer) I just listen to this song and I smile and feel better.
[insert pun here]

The Nom Master of Drowning! (Take my word for it.)
Tumblr

#15 SirKillingston

SirKillingston

Bootylicious.

• Scrimmer
  • 3641 posts

Posted July 14 2010 - 07:58 AM

Summer's over halfway done. Only a month and a half left.
Naudlus: TIL killingston is never wrong

Friendship for Everyone™: I don't know. I'm too nice.

Feral: I am tiny baby woman.

emeraldscorp: MY ASS IS EASY

#16 Mutated Wisdom

Mutated Wisdom

I post a lot!

• Members
  • 1258 posts
  • Scout, Soldier, Pyro, Demoman, Heavy, Sniper, Medic

Posted July 14 2010 - 08:08 AM

Summer's over halfway done. Only a month and a half left.

Truth is indeed, a terrible thing.

Edit: I killed this thread's momentum, and it made me smile.

Edited by GreyMatter, July 14 2010 - 08:35 AM.

#17 Tails

Tails

Scrim Prime Ribs Minister

• Scrimmer
  • 263 posts
  • Pyro, Heavy, Engineer, Medic, Spy

Posted July 14 2010 - 09:44 AM

I heard that Coheed and Cambria will be playing a venue less than four blocks from my house. Tickets are $25 dollars. This made me smile :3
Posted Image
"You could put one thousand monkeys on one thousand typewriters in a room, and every single one of them would learn to play huntsman sniper!" ~Tails
"Hey, jihad doesn't have any comments! I should take his comment virginity!" ~Dark
"Global warning can suck a left nut!" ~Jihad
"Do you have any idea how long it took me to realize EKANS and ARBOK were just "snake" and "(k)obra" backwards?" -Tails "OH GOD DAMN THEY ARE!" -Ubercow
"You didn't capitalize 'ratty' either, Tails..." "ratty isn't capitalized, look at his username" "OH FUCK" - Tails 'n Ubercow, on ratty's name.

#18 AdiposeTissue

AdiposeTissue

More like AdiPROse

• Scrimmer
  • 2173 posts

Posted July 14 2010 - 09:50 AM

Yesterday was my birthday and I spent all day with the most amazing girl and the best friends anybody could ask for. :)

I don't think I have ever been as happy as I am with my life right now! I needs to stay this way for...ever :)

#19 Touhosu

Touhosu

Tits.

• Banned
  • 774 posts
  • Scout, Soldier, Medic, Spy

Posted July 14 2010 - 09:56 AM

I played Pyro on TF2lobby, reflect killed medics, soldiers, all dat jizz, to hear Neo ragin' on the other team, and lyke, I raffed. :3
Posted Image

Javan: and stop stabbing people Touhosu

#20 Magikarp

Magikarp

Taxi Taxi Taxi

• Scrimmer
  • 1456 posts
  • Scout, Soldier, Demoman, Sniper, Medic

Posted July 14 2010 - 10:18 AM

I'm getting married, again, and it made me smile.

Nah Jk, But I did have one bad day when I was told I wasn't getting my Hello Panda, so then I messaged a girl I loved, she replied, it made me smile :>

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)