Photo

Post Your Random Thoughts

• Please log in to reply
31119 replies to this topic

#31081 Edel

Edel

I fight so that she may go on; For I am just a horse.

• Validating
  • 6008 posts

Posted January 01 2017 - 01:17 AM

I thought Zootopia was overhyped, people were going nuts and watching it multiple times in theaters. I thought there was no way it was that good...

Boy was I ever wrong. Fantastic fucking movie. Good job, yet again, Disney.

76561197999586213.png

#31082 Cedarbox

Cedarbox

Married to a skeleton. Platonically.

• Members
  • 3955 posts

Posted January 06 2017 - 10:24 AM

YouTube's recommendation algorithm has a sense of humor. I've been watching a lot of the Daily Show, Stephen Colbert and various other similar things recently. Today the algorithm recommended a Whose Line sketch about the world's worst person to be president.

Heh.

There once was a kitty named Tomo
As famous on the Internet as Domo
But his face got all shitty
Because he's a bad kitty
And now he's washed up like Rivers Cuomo

#31083 Ducky

Ducky

Supreme Duck Overlord

• Scrimmer
  • 3844 posts
  • Soldier, Engineer, Medic

Posted January 08 2017 - 02:54 PM

Looking strictly from the gameplay and Jim Sterling videos, Dead Rising 4 looks like a toned-down version of the original Dead Rising with less detail.

And yet, I would still look forward to playing THAT than the original garbage everyone called a 'masterpiece'. There are definitely games I would consider 'worse', but I can't think of a game that frustrated or annoyed me more than the first Dead Rising. It was like all the best videogame ideas put into the game combined with all of the worst ones.

#31084 Edel

Edel

• Validating
  • 6008 posts

Posted January 12 2017 - 02:48 PM

Holy shit, hot sauce on pizza is amazing. Why haven't I tried this before?

This completely changes my outlook on life.

76561197999586213.png

#31085 Cedarbox

Cedarbox

• Members
  • 3955 posts

Posted January 14 2017 - 11:25 PM

AGDQ is over. Stuff feels so empty now.

Because he's a bad kitty

#31086 Edel

Edel

• Validating
  • 6008 posts

Posted January 20 2017 - 05:27 AM

Dawn of the final day

-5 hours remain-

76561197999586213.png

#31087 Cedarbox

Cedarbox

• Members
  • 3955 posts

Posted January 20 2017 - 07:01 AM

It's kind of like that time that truck hit me; everything slows down, you see it coming, but there's nothing you can do to stop it.

Ugh. I need a fucking hug or something.

I'm not a drinker, but maybe I should have picked up a bottle of wine earlier. Might make this easier to take. Being drunk for 4 years can't possibly have any negative affects... right?

Because he's a bad kitty

#31088 Soviet

Soviet

I post a lot!

• Scrim Admins
  • 2100 posts
  • Soldier, Pyro, Demoman

Posted January 20 2017 - 06:39 PM

/mu/ is taking over my life

#31089 Cedarbox

Cedarbox

• Members
  • 3955 posts

Posted January 22 2017 - 01:31 AM

usa-trump-inauguration.jpg

On the left, Trump's day. On the right, Obama's.

Now there's talk that the women's march that happened the next day attracted more people than the inauguration itself. I really hope they gathered on the mall and got a similar photo for comparison. That would be a beautiful thing...

Because he's a bad kitty

#31090 Ducky

Ducky

Supreme Duck Overlord

• Scrimmer
  • 3844 posts

Posted January 23 2017 - 11:23 AM

Playing the Civilization series for the first time, specifically Civilization V which was gifted to me like a year ago. Got to be honest, it made my head hurt to the extreme. Anyone played the game? I'm gonna need some tips, because that tutorial was only halfway useful, basically expecting you already know how to do common actions.

I know how to build and expand and make civilization-related things happen... and yet I still have no idea what gathering food actually does, what production actually does, how much production I currently have (it's not on my resources list on the top left), and why on certain cities production takes 40 turns when on other cities it only takes 7.

#31091 Madai

Madai

Earn crackers?

• Scrimmer
  • 6915 posts

Posted January 23 2017 - 12:39 PM

Playing the Civilization series for the first time, specifically Civilization V which was gifted to me like a year ago. Got to be honest, it made my head hurt to the extreme. Anyone played the game? I'm gonna need some tips, because that tutorial was only halfway useful, basically expecting you already know how to do common actions.

I know how to build and expand and make civilization-related things happen... and yet I still have no idea what gathering food actually does, what production actually does, how much production I currently have (it's not on my resources list on the top left), and why on certain cities production takes 40 turns when on other cities it only takes 7.

Watch a tutorial, i recommend this guy as he is one of the better players.

Food, and production is only applicable for the city collecting it.

Gold and other things are Civilization wide.

Food will expand population, each person needs 2 food per turn, so if you have a city of 5 producing 14 food per turn, you will have plus 4 food per turn which will work towards a new population. Which will require a certain amount of food, this increases exponentially. 

Production is only for that city, hence some cities build stuff quicker. It just works like that, more production means build quicker.

As a rule of thumb, try to build cities by a river, and to have 2 or so units per city. 

I could go further in, but it probably needs its own thread. Or just ask me on steam.

IlrVSW2.png

#31092 HatTheTurtle

HatTheTurtle

Holding that L since 20XX

• Scrim Admins
  • 2333 posts

Posted January 23 2017 - 05:48 PM

Before getting hired

"I wanna work"

After getting hired

"I wanna work"

Give me something to dooooooooo

#31093 Cedarbox

Cedarbox

• Members
  • 3955 posts

Posted January 24 2017 - 08:10 AM

Half assed a carbink SOS chain. Maybe 50 in, I got a shiny. Adamant nature, 4/6 IVs, clear body. Had to settle with a dive ball instead of a heavy ball but hey, not bad for an hour or two's work.

Because he's a bad kitty

#31094 Madai

Madai

Earn crackers?

• Scrimmer
  • 6915 posts

Posted January 24 2017 - 12:35 PM

Before getting hired

"I wanna work"

After getting hired

"I wanna work"

Just try and learn something when you have nothing to do. 

And then don't learn it, like i've been doing for the past 6 months.

Also March 11th, Jack is back.

IlrVSW2.png

#31095 Edel

Edel

• Validating
  • 6008 posts

Posted January 25 2017 - 04:25 AM

My body is the most ready.

76561197999586213.png

#31096 Ducky

Ducky

Supreme Duck Overlord

• Scrimmer
  • 3844 posts

Posted January 25 2017 - 07:10 PM

Watch a tutorial, i recommend this guy as he is one of the better players.

Spoiler:

Food, and production is only applicable for the city collecting it.

Gold and other things are Civilization wide.

Food will expand population, each person needs 2 food per turn, so if you have a city of 5 producing 14 food per turn, you will have plus 4 food per turn which will work towards a new population. Which will require a certain amount of food, this increases exponentially. 

Production is only for that city, hence some cities build stuff quicker. It just works like that, more production means build quicker.

As a rule of thumb, try to build cities by a river, and to have 2 or so units per city. 

I could go further in, but it probably needs its own thread. Or just ask me on steam.

Watched through the whole series (long though it was). Thanks for the tips! Took me a few tries to get all of it into practice, but I finally had a game down (though at low difficulty).

The in-game tutorial is probably like the WORST tutorial in a videogame I've encountered. Every terminology and advice it gives is in a language I can understand and is technically all correct... but without context, none of the information it gives despite being coherent sentences mean anything coherent for someone who has never played a Civ game before.

#31097 Edel

Edel

• Validating
  • 6008 posts

Posted January 26 2017 - 03:57 AM

I  got D.va's new year skin. Now  I just have to get at least one of Mei's.

If I don't I may literally die.

76561197999586213.png

#31098 Madai

Madai

Earn crackers?

• Scrimmer
  • 6915 posts

Posted January 26 2017 - 11:51 AM

Watched through the whole series (long though it was). Thanks for the tips! Took me a few tries to get all of it into practice, but I finally had a game down (though at low difficulty).

The in-game tutorial is probably like the WORST tutorial in a videogame I've encountered. Every terminology and advice it gives is in a language I can understand and is technically all correct... but without context, none of the information it gives despite being coherent sentences mean anything coherent for someone who has never played a Civ game before.

oh yeah right clicking things will bring up the civlopedia, so best looking through that if you want to go down a trail of info.

IlrVSW2.png

#31099 HatTheTurtle

HatTheTurtle

Holding that L since 20XX

• Scrim Admins
  • 2333 posts

Posted January 26 2017 - 03:33 PM

Just try and learn something when you have nothing to do. 

And then don't learn it, like i've been doing for the past 6 months.

I would work on my school papers at work but they block pretty much every website on the network. They do give employees free access to skillsoft, so maybe I'll look at some of that shit. It's a shame 'cause I like the work atmosphere/environment, and they give me a lot of flexibility with work hours (let me come in whenever, have lunch whenever, leave early if work is done), but, uh, I've been doing nothing for 3 weeks now

#31100 nosoop

nosoop

in ur vps, wreckin' ur stuf

• Members
  • 2740 posts

Posted January 28 2017 - 03:34 AM

Don't try to change directory ownership when trying to grab files off another person's hard drive.

Symbolic links make things worse.

Finally took the time to figure out why .NET 4.6 was always failing to install and Windows Update would always be installing that one update on shutdown.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users