Sign in to follow this  
M31

Post Your Random Thoughts

As far as I can tell in Super Mario Sunshine you can only get 9 shine sprites from Delfino Plaza alone without collecting 10 blue coins and before you enter any of the other levels. That's annoying because it's one shine sprite away from unlocking Pinna Park where you can unlock Yoshi. Having Yoshi is necessary to 100% all the levels in one go. I'd like to be able to save collecting Delfino Plaza's blue coins until after the final boss since there's one you can't get until then, but it seems like that's impossible.

As far as I can tell in Super Mario Sunshine you can only get 9 shine sprites from Delfino Plaza alone without collecting 10 blue coins and before you enter any of the other levels. That's annoying because it's one shine sprite away from unlocking Pinna Park where you can unlock Yoshi. Having Yoshi is necessary to 100% all the levels in one go. I'd like to be able to save collecting Delfino Plaza's blue coins until after the final boss since there's one you can't get until then, but it seems like that's impossible.

I never finished Sunshine... my GC's memory card got corrupted when I was at like 95 stars (if I'm remembering correctly). I always tried to load the game to no avail. My heart was broken. I even lost my Melee save when Luigi was the only character I was missing :'(

Dying bit by bit each day waiting for my new laptop/computer to arrive, my current Aspire can't hold out for long....

I remember my game of mario sunshine I  got 112 stars and the only ones left were the blue coins. to me that counted as a completed file because I didn't remember which blue coins I already have and where to search for the others. To look for a guide would require checking every spot which I wasn't going to do.

I had an argument at work. Apparently women DO have that conversation like in anime where flat-chested people get jealous of people with boobs because apparently fat in your chest is 'good' or something.

I then spent the next 8 hours shouting about how fucking stupid that is, because who cares about boobs when you got the tushies. Now, positions are split and there is a clear one-or-the-other mentality over butts-vs-boobs.

I think I may have caused a workplace civil war.

I had an argument at work. Apparently women DO have that conversation like in anime where flat-chested people get jealous of people with boobs because apparently fat in your chest is 'good' or something.

I then spent the next 8 hours shouting about how fucking stupid that is, because who cares about boobs when you got the tushies. Now, positions are split and there is a clear one-or-the-other mentality over butts-vs-boobs.

what

It's like something out of a sitcom.

Hmm, I kinda want to buy into that lootcrate thing. But I'm not terribly fond of the fact the ones Ive seen recently have advertising for youtube channels that I find annoying.

Hmm, I kinda want to buy into that lootcrate thing. But I'm not terribly fond of the fact the ones Ive seen recently have advertising for youtube channels that I find annoying.

That YouTube thing is new, I don't imagine it'll last if people haven't been responding well.

Belated:

I can't believe it took Egoraptor 2 years to put out a video where all he does is complain about Ocarina of Time and Skyward Sword. All his arguments came down to was he was impatient and wanted to skip everything, and that the camera wasn't like the 2D Zeldas. I'm not even a big fan of Ocarina of Time, but that's not even the arguments i'd use against it.

And really, after watching Game Grumps for a while I can't say I trust Ego's opinions on games after seeing how clueless he is with them.

Belated:

I can't believe it took Egoraptor 2 years to put out a video where all he does is complain about Ocarina of Time and Skyward Sword. All his arguments came down to was he was impatient and wanted to skip everything, and that the camera wasn't like the 2D Zeldas. I'm not even a big fan of Ocarina of Time, but that's not even the arguments i'd use against it.

And really, after watching Game Grumps for a while I can't say I trust Ego's opinions on games after seeing how clueless he is with them.

>skips tutorial dialogue

"WHAT THE FUCK DO I DO WHERE DO I GO NYUUUUUUUUUUUUURH THIS GAME SUCKS"

Unfortunately, not all games can have all their mechanics conveyed without text. Only games with very simple mechanics can pull that off. Most recent example: Shovel Knight (it's just JUMP-N-SHOVEL).

Belated:

Wasn't even worth sitting trought 30 minutes of complaint.

I was expecting an analysis, not a freaking rant. While he had some good points, the rest was just ''OMG I JUST DON'T CARE! '' or ''IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT? ''

Edited by Mahbonk

Unfortunately, not all games can have all their mechanics conveyed without text. Only games with very simple mechanics can pull that off. Most recent example: Shovel Knight (it's just JUMP-N-SHOVEL).

I think this depends on two things:

-Whether or not the mechanic is natural and makes sense in the gameworld (does the result of using this mechanic feed back into the game? rather than into something relatively meaningless like scoring or rating), and

-The cognitive ability of the player and their willingness to experiment (pay careful attention to what happens when you press a button in different situations. it sounds stupid, but people are stupid.)

Sure, everyone can immediately grasp a game with simple mechanics, but there are a few who can immediately grasp complex ones as well. I only needed a couple of plays in Senko in order to understand everything that was going on and I never had to look at a manual. Not that I could understand what it says anyway!

This is probably the biggest reason I stopped watching Game Grumps. Dude can't do the simplest things.

And yeah, while I thought the new video was funny, I take his opinion on games with a bucket of salt nowadays.

This is probably the biggest reason I stopped watching Game Grumps. Dude can't do the simplest things.

And yeah, while I thought the new video was funny, I take his opinion on games with a bucket of salt nowadays.

Their Wario World playthrough made me cringe really really hard.

Funny how Sims 4's release is working opposite how they usually do: The closer it gets or the more people find out about it, the less excited the fanbase is getting.

I thought you liked money, EA?

Played DQ9 during my trip to California. Got about 1/3rd the way through and remembered that the online content is no longer available. I would either need to be playing on my flash card or have a save extractor to mod my save to get the content. It totally killed my enthusiasm for playing it again.

I was doing a dungeon in Final Fantasy XIV and all three other members of my party started the battle with the dungeon boss while I was watching a cutscene so I was locked out of the battle. That was rude of them.

That kind of thing is super common with the so-called "elitists". I have yet to encounter it on a Japanese server, all the Japanese players have some respect for that. English players on the other hand...

I was doing a dungeon in Final Fantasy XIV and all three other members of my party started the battle with the dungeon boss while I was watching a cutscene so I was locked out of the battle. That was rude of them.

Expect that to happen in the last two dungeons of the first main quest. My advice is to either find people who won't skip cutscenes (FC, make a party on party finder, etc.), or be a healer or tank. They won't do shit if you're a healer.