Sign in to follow this  
M31

Post Your Random Thoughts

Recently purchased my first mechanical keyboard, and I've been loving it. I'm a bit sad green switches are basically non-existent for anything less than $100, but the blue switches I settled for are super nice anyways.

What brand was it? I was thinking of getting one sometime.

What brand was it? I was thinking of getting one sometime.

It's a CoolerMaster Quickfire Tk. It's ten key less, but the missing keys are built into the numpad whenever numlock is off. If you haven't already, I would suggest looking up a chart of the different switches just to get an idea of what you think you'd like.

Also, Jack is back?!

It's a CoolerMaster Quickfire Tk. It's ten key less, but the missing keys are built into the numpad whenever numlock is off. If you haven't already, I would suggest looking up a chart of the different switches just to get an idea of what you think you'd like.

Also, Jack is back?!

Okay, I'll take a look.

Also holy balls! I did not think they would make new episodes.

I've got a CoolerMaster keyboard too, tenkeyless. It was surprisingly cheap. 69 bucks on Amazon, I think. Strongly recommend it, they're worth every penny. Especially if you suffer from any sort of wrist pain at the computer.

I underestimated how much of a difference sound cards could make. I don't think I could go back to onboard audio or USB headsets.

So the next Mortal Kombat X DLC pack is going to include Xenomorph, and Leatherface from Texas chainsaw massacre.

Why can't they just make an entire game with horror movie characters instead? I would totally buy it.

Edited by Mahbonk

I'm assuming they'd also be getting funds from an actual publisher (or I at least hope so) 'cause I'm skeptical of how much they can get done with 3.3 million

People fund.

They fund.

And third party is funding.

It says in the video/page wherever it is. Found it

I don't see why anybody would donate to that tbh. Schafer has a history of  being shit with money.

Grim Fandango went so overbudget Lucasarts pointed to it as the reason they closed down their adventure game studio, Psychonauts also tore a huge hole into Majesco.

Then that's not even getting into the more recent things like Broken Age which raised almost ten times what it was asking for yet it still got delayed and they still asked for MORE MONEY. And Spacebase DF-9 which was an absolute trainwreck. The only Doublefine games that didn't have financial problems are ones Tim Schafer went nowhere near.

I don't see how he has so much trust to raise 1.5 million in what, 2 days? Kotick was right about him.

I don't see why anybody would donate to that tbh. Schafer has a history of  being shit with money.

Grim Fandango went so overbudget Lucasarts pointed to it as the reason they closed down their adventure game studio, Psychonauts also tore a huge hole into Majesco.

Then that's not even getting into the more recent things like Broken Age which raised almost ten times what it was asking for yet it still got delayed and they still asked for MORE MONEY. And Spacebase DF-9 which was an absolute trainwreck. The only Doublefine games that didn't have financial problems are ones Tim Schafer went nowhere near.

I don't see how he has so much trust to raise 1.5 million in what, 2 days? Kotick was right about him.

Even I agreed with Bobby Kotick.  Despite me hearing about how decent and great these games are, it's obvious that missing tons of milestones and massive amount of delays is already a huge warning sign.

Anyone who donates will get exactly what they deserve for trusting Tim with their money.

To me he'll always be that guy from lucasarts who has been credited for NOT working on a game.

Okay, I see that a lot of people don't trust Tim Schafer, for obvious reasons. But what I want to know is what do people think of the idea of the game, is it a good or is it bad? Should the sequel be made or should the franchise have been left to the past?

Shadow Complex was the Metroid fix I didn't know I needed. Granted it was short and easy to 100%, but it was fun.

Where's mah metroid reggie.

I want to get a pad of post-its, draw Flowey on them, and leave them in random places around town. Possibly with random 'inspirational' quotes on them.

"LOVE makes the world go round!"

Okay, I see that a lot of people don't trust Tim Schafer, for obvious reasons. But what I want to know is what do people think of the idea of the game, is it a good or is it bad? Should the sequel be made or should the franchise have been left to the past?

I'm probably a bad person to answer considering I never liked Psychonauts. But, it's a sequel. I mean, the original game ended on a cliffhanger so I guess one could say it's sort of justified, but with Tim's track record this doesn't seem anything more then a cash grab, especially considering he moved the end date back. In the end it seems like it's simply folly, it'll never be able to match a good chunk of the nostalgia it's riding on and people will be disappointed no matter what you do, messing with nostalgia is always the most difficult thing.

considering my disliking of tim thats sort of the silver lining to the project for me