Sign in to follow this  
M31

Post Your Random Thoughts

Fallout 4 spoilers:

So the Institute, Railroad, and Brotherhood all hate each other.  Who hates the Minutemen?  Can I join them?

Yes and technically you already joined them when you start the game but their quests aren't required to beat the game when you side with different fractions and no one hates them.  They're neutral good.

Unfortunately it's mostly never ending save our farmland quests.

Edited by kingddd

Played through FF7 for the first time. I dunno if it's just me, but I felt like the game did a horrible job of presenting major story elements. A part of me is wondering if I either missed or didn't pay attention to some major story elements, I had to read through a wiki to make sense of a bunch of things.

Yes and technically you already joined them when you start the game but their quests aren't required to beat the game when you side with different fractions and no one hates them.  They're neutral good.

Unfortunately it's mostly never ending save our farmland quests.

I meant how to join the people who hate them.

Yoo this transformers one handed run at adgq

Yoo this transformers one handed run at adgq

Reminds me of why I watch most of the runs muted. 

Reminds me of why I watch most of the runs muted.

I more meant the skill. Some of the puns weren't bad aka ones with actual effort put in.

I meant how to join the people who hate them.

What exactly do you want to do.

Cause you cant destroy the minutemen.

You can only destroy the railroad, BOS and the institute.

I really need to listen to NPR more often. I'm never disappointed when I tune in.

Played through FF7 for the first time. I dunno if it's just me, but I felt like the game did a horrible job of presenting major story elements. A part of me is wondering if I either missed or didn't pay attention to some major story elements, I had to read through a wiki to make sense of a bunch of things.

Nah, it's not just you. It was a really flawed game, storytelling-wise. It definitely didn't focus on the parts it should have.

Pretty curious which parts you meant, since I never had that problem.

Pretty curious which parts you meant, since I never had that problem.

I completely missed the part where Ifalna tells Gast about Jenova not being a Cetra (which is also where you find out Gast is Aeris' dad, but that's not super important). I was also pretty confused as to why Sephiroth wanted to destroy the world. At first, it was because he thought he was an ancient and was mad at humans, but after he realizes he's not, I don't remember it being explained that he wants to go to other planets and fuck shit up like Jenova.

I completely missed the part where Ifalna tells Gast about Jenova not being a Cetra (which is also where you find out Gast is Aeris' dad, but that's not super important). I was also pretty confused as to why Sephiroth wanted to destroy the world. At first, it was because he thought he was an ancient and was mad at humans, but after he realizes he's not, I don't remember it being explained that he wants to go to other planets and fuck shit up like Jenova.

The part with Ifalna/Gast is expanded lore rather than being necessary knowledge, telling you where Aeris was born, how her father died, and how Ifalna ended up being wounded and eventually dying when she meets Aeris' surrogate mother Elmyra. Jenova not being a Cetra is mentioned by main villain Hojo and several members of Shinra's top brass, although if that's confusing it's because of the Woolsey translation.

Sephiroth's ultimate plan is hilariously awesome: he wants to wound the planet so badly that the Lifestream would come and heal it. And with him at the source, he would eventually become part of the planet, using Gaia to chart a course through the cosmos with the planet as his pulse, just as his 'mother' did eons before. TL;DR: PlanetBus.

Sephiroth's drop to insanity, Crisis Core's shit story notwithstanding, was a combination of Hojo's experimentations combining him with Mako (which transformed most test subjects into monsters and poisoned the 'lucky' ones) to create the ultimate SOLDIER, thinking his mother was an Ancient/Cetra, and finding out his 'mother' was killed trying to enact the global plan of feeding off the planet to continue her interstellar journey into god-knows-where. TL;DR: Jenova is like Lavos if Lavos moved on to a different planet.

You'll realize a lot of the interesting background lore in FFVII is missable, which is a common thing in older JRPGs (like FFVI where MOST of it is missable). Aside from Vincent and Yuffie being optional characters (despite the fact that Vincent is a key component to Sephiroth, Lucrecia, and Hojo's story), you'll only find out Vincent's story by unlocking the secret area where Lucrecia is and by taking him during the final fight with Hojo -- the latter being unreturnable once you've passed it.

Also, if you return to the Shinra Mansion in Disc 2 or 3 and click the green tubes in the underground lab, you'll find the ONLY story involving Zack's background with Cloud. And I didn't find this out until my 2nd playthrough.

Just spent a couple days without Internet or phone. I was starting to worry about my mental health. A person can only draw so much to fill the time.

But hey, I need to buy a new brush pen now.

My car has only ever gotten stuck in one place in the world, and that's my driveway. Even now, during a goddamn snowstorm in the middle of the night, that statement still holds true.

I would say "I love you, car," but that's a pretty dumb thing to say to something without feelings and it still got stuck in my driveway of all places. Oh well.

Pick up phone in work. Goes through as if the other person put me on hold.

Them: Hi this is BT (internet in UK) customer support how can i help.

Me: Uhh, you rang us.

Them: No, you rang us. How can i help.

Me: No you rang us. Let me check with my colleague that no one is expecting a call.

I check, everyone says no.

Me: No one here is expecting a call from you.

Them: But you rang us.

Me: ... I have nothing else to say, so I'm going to end this conversation.

Puts phone down.

Colleagues: Did you really end the call like that?

Me: It was a cold call, how else was i going to do it.

Facebook chat heads are neat, but always get in the way no matter where you put them.

RIP Bowie. You fabulous bastard, you.

He's back among the stars now, but he will be missed back here on Earth.

Too bad SMTxFE is on the WiiU. Would have loved to play it. Aside from the salty tears it's made, it looks like it'll be hella fun.

I think they were already planning on a next console, so I guess I'll just wait for that and get the WiiU games for it instead.

Too bad SMTxFE is on the WiiU. Would have loved to play it. Aside from the salty tears it's made, it looks like it'll be hella fun.

I think they were already planning on a next console, so I guess I'll just wait for that and get the WiiU games for it instead.

Despite the criticisms in its cosmetics and design looks, a lot of people who actually bought the game said it's pretty good.  My friend is currently having a blast with it even though he can't read or comprehend whatever the heck its saying.

Heck even reviewers are giving it pretty high scores.