Sign in to follow this  
M31

Post Your Random Thoughts

ANN did this fantastic article on how a Japanese giant robot series toppled a dictator in the Philippines:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/the-mike-toole-show/2016-05-29/.102632

Voltes V was the shit, and it's amazing that it's still being shown today -- with the last 3 episodes as a movie on theatres. It's probably the only anime my grandpa -- God rest his soul -- could sing the opening theme song to.

I'd forgotten how much fun it was to spread Pokerus and unleash it on Wonder Trade.

End result: got a shiny. It was nothing I liked, so I tossed it back in the pool.

It's finally happening.  My first Metal Gear Solid game

CjlVMCYUUAAfixu.jpg

and lets just say I did amazingly awful.  Took 8 tries to get to the main title in game and in Hard Mode.  I have never touched a single MGS game, nor watched any videos or gameplay.

Edited by kingddd

I saw some kind of blue switch mechanical keyboard at a local Salvation Army once.  It wasn't for sale (something about donations).  Now I'm going around local thrift stores on a regular basis feeling up keyboards in search of that clickity-clack feel to have for my own.

Mechanical keyboards, man, not even once.

No lady we don't sell or repair typewriters.

We're IT

Unless 'IT' stands for 'Improves Typewriters'.

AMD is claiming their new GPU is VR ready, at a $200 price point. That's a very bold claim, and I will remain skeptical until real world benchmarks are released.

Event though this documentary is old and some points I don't agree, I did find it a bit of a nuisance when subbers do shit like this.

was watching news and...........

https://twitter.com/kingddd17/status/738909041578016768

An attorney there even claimed that we may need to Cross Examine the parrot.  If you played Ace Attorney...

CkEh2OfUYAMM-pA.jpg

http://globalnews.ca/news/2740242/michigan-family-alleges-talking-parrot-witnessed-their-sons-murder/

Edited by kingddd

Just finished Persona 4.

FUCK YOU NAMATAME NANAKO DID NOTHING WRONG YOU FUCK

Alright now how do I get the real ending

Just finished Persona 4.

FUCK YOU NAMATAME NANAKO DID NOTHING WRONG YOU FUCK

Alright now how do I get the real ending

Here's a guide:

http://rpgfansite.forumotions.net/t41-persona-4-guide-to-get-the-true-ending

Note that there are TWO steps to the true ending. The first ending leads you to the real killer (and a few extra days to grind), but the second step leads you to the final boss responsible for giving that killer his Persona powers.

If you defeat the boss of the first true ending (the killer), it will automatically skip you to the last day (to step two's instructions), so if you're still grinding relationships I recommend only killing that boss on the day of the deadline.

Until he went full nuts (because he was being framed), Namatame was actually the good guy.

Moose Tits and Scout's VA did a video together. It's beautiful.

Muscle Milk and Scout's VA did a video together? Just saw that recently. It's a real good time.

There's a Haiku Contest for FFXIV right now (which I plan on submitting to), and... sigh... I don't think these people know what a 'haiku' is. The instructions are pretty clear about it, so you'd THINK the first thing they'd check would be syllable count. But no. Like a whole THIRD of these entries are incorrectly numbered.

Oh well. Weeds out the competition, I guess.

5 junkrats + 1 lucio. Switch to phara since she counters him pretty hard. Admittedly Im pretty bad, but I was at least pestering the enemy team enough that they wound up losing after the game was almost a shut-out.

Lesson of the day: Learn counters and switch to them. Even if youre bad, It's still more effective than constantly dying as Torb or Reinhardt

Apparently Moose Tits and Scooty Booty man are friends. They did a pub together today. Also. I found THIS.

(that's his channel for Scout shit. It's full of silly voice acting.)

Trying to play Spec Ops the Line, and it's really boring? I wanna like it but the game just seems so mediocre. Wonky controls, kinda looks like shit, so many character names, everyone keeps yelling even though they're trying to sneak around. Also can people stop hiring Nolan North for things that aren't Nathan Drake, I can't take his character seriously. Hopefully the story gets as good as everyone says it is because apparently it takes 6 hours to complete!? I'm only into a third of it and I'm contemplating leaving it. Anyone else played it?

Trying to play Spec Ops the Line, and it's really boring? I wanna like it but the game just seems so mediocre. Wonky controls, kinda looks like shit, so many character names, everyone keeps yelling even though they're trying to sneak around. Also can people stop hiring Nolan North for things that aren't Nathan Drake, I can't take his character seriously. Hopefully the story gets as good as everyone says it is because apparently it takes 6 hours to complete!? I'm only into a third of it and I'm contemplating leaving it. Anyone else played it?

the high point of spec ops is the story. Some would say the bland game play is another tool in the storytelling, others would say it's just a generic shooter with a good story.

Watching the new Netflix series Voltron Legendary Defender. Right up front, gonna say I didn't actually like the original Voltron show (nor Vehicle Force), and the only reason I checked this out was because the people behind Korra are working on it and my siblings want to. Only watched the hour-and-a-half pilot so far, but we'll be watching more soon.

Right off the bat, yeah, it's the Korra-writing humour. Which, while funny at times, is getting old and isn't nearly as funny as the Last Airbender humour. I like the character redesigns though, and the CG isn't bad. Voltron's redesign looks good (I always thought he was fairly ugly by my robot standards), and the voice acting is top-notch.

Not a spoiler, since it's pretty frigging obvious, but Pidge is a girl. Yeah, I only watched one episode and they haven't confirmed it yet, but it's so obvious. The first episode also hints it (subtlety though, for the eagle-eyed viewers), but I figured it out almost instantaneously. It isn't as obvious as P4's Naoto, but it's there.

I miss seeing this thing.

I5D2NXj.gif

LOOK AT IT.

Let its gracefulness hypnotize your soul.