Sign in to follow this  
ratty

Maxplayers Changes

I'm totally okay with this

I never really liked playing on main because it was usually full of angry pubbers and it's so much more fun playing with your friends. It's nice to know we have a VIP hangout

yeahhh

I really don't know what to think about this..

Initially I stopped playing Main and went to Bacon because at the time non-regulars/pub/whatever-you-call-them started coming in and bringing the mood of the place down. The few people I know here went to Bacon for a bit until that onset of major lag issues came about a while back, and we drifted onto Eggs. Could take 30 minutes waiting to get a slot sometimes, but it was pretty much guaranteed that I'd know at least one person in there by the time I got in.

With this switch over, I 'unno. It seems that the Eggs requlars will now go to Main for the same reason they went to Eggs in the first place, but.. What'll happen to the non-Noms who some of us stayed out of Main to keep away from? Will they just move to Eggs or will they still try to go to Main causing longer waiting times and the like? D:

Maybe I just don't like change and expect the worst, but yeah.

the expensive main for regulars.

Dumb question but how is main expensive? I know it has different hardware (I think) but I'm curious as to what you mean.

Nope. Ratty doesn't allow that on Main (his baby). That was kinda the whole idea of this plan: Use bacon and eggs for pubbers, and the expensive main for regulars.

read above. Or browsing through the server lists...

Itami, admins aren't gonna be everywhere at once. Would you like to go to a server where you have no idea who anybody is while all your friends are on another server? Besides, some regulars and admins still play on eggs from time to time... just not all the time. So it's basically the old main, but with a new name.

So then why has bacon been empty? I mean, it is on the server browser, isn't it?

Then what's the point of there being admins if they're not watching the random pubbers? You've got admins watching admins while the other server runs rampant? I never had a problem with 32 players on main, if I wanted to play serious I'd go jump on some other server with my friends. Nom has always had a distinctive feel because of the pace that main set. You might not have thought of it as the best and balanced. But having an easy access 32 player server meant that lots of different people could pass through and get a chance to be on the server.

Just keep your eye on the player count graphs.

Played for hours tonight on a full Main server. One of the best Tf2 nights I've played in quite some time. Everyone was friendly, we would laugh, jeer, and make jokes at each other, while still playing the game seriously.

That's what brought me to nom. That's what makes me stay.

Hehehehehe....Frontier.....

And it seems like the slots become more open as the day goes on. At around 3 PM, when I got home from school, the server took me about 20 minutes to get in, however by 5 or 6, the server was 14/16. And I agree with Zetsu, we were having an AMAZING time. It's a TON easier to be medic on an 8V8 compared to the sometimes 12v12 before. This makes it seem like Main is like a lot more like a Scrim server, but with a lot more lenience, which seems like the perfect blend for me.

You should have just made an admin announcement saying that you needed people to take care of the responsibility they had been given and actually admin the servers, not just one server.

Admin stuff is none of our business, and for the record, I've seen admins on all of the servers. Plus if you call one in, they're (usually) there on time.

I have to say, I was skeptical at first, but I like the new main. The five minutes it took to get on where well worth the wait. Playing just now took me back to when I first came here, and reminded me why I stayed.

As for eggs and bacon, I think only time will tell if Itami's concerns are valid. Let's try this out for while and see what happens. As Itami advised, we should keep a close eye on the player count graphs to see if everything goes smoothly.

You know. There's so much I wanted to say in regards to some of the replies here, and I even started typing it all out. I realized though, it's just not worth it. I'm not one to stroke the drama flames these days. I'm just an old dumb dairy cow out in the field, chewing my grass and blankly starring at all of you.

As far as admins needed on the pubber servers, as long as there is an admin readily available, even if they are not on the actual server, but online in Steam, then I'm happy. I usually just explain to the hacker/pubber/exploiter/racist/mic-spammer that everything is recorded, and can be reviewed by an admin for possible punitive action. That usually is enough to deter 90% of the problem starters. If what they are doing is ultra-disruptive, usually the other players band together and take action, effectively making life miserable for the individual commiting the infraction.

Ohai! Is that special? =o

Yes because my friends are your friends and that's coooool B)

I really dotnj know what I think of this right now to be honest, so no comment, but right now, eggs is a frikkin ghost town and that makes me a sad panda :<

Yes because my friends are your friends and that's coooool B)

Yay, people are coming together :lol:

I really don't know what I think of this right now to be honest, so no comment, but right now, eggs is a frikkin ghost town and that makes me a sad panda :<

yeah eggs and bacon are ghost towns right now

You know. There's so much I wanted to say in regards to some of the replies here, and I even started typing it all out. I realized though, it's just not worth it.

This.

Though I will say that avoiding a member of the community because you don't like something about them is too silly for words. Either find a way to tolerate them so you can focus on the gameplay and your own friends, or find another community. Nom isn't the only place you'll ever have fun and it's probably not the most fun you'll ever have in your life, because it's only TF2, and TF2 is not at it's best in 32 man pubs.

EDIT: And eggs & bacon will be empty at the moment because the changes were only made yesterday. Give it time. One of the servers will eventually be assigned the regular server, by way of everyone seeing it's the one with people in it, and the other will be assigned the over flow server, by way of everyone seeing it's empty most of the time.

EDIT: Huh, I ended up saying quite a lot anyway.

EDIT: Tucking fypos.

Though I will say that avoiding a member of the community that because you don't like something about them is too silly for words. Either find a way to tolerate them so you can focus on the gameplay and your own freinds, or find another community.

I've come to realize that you should always first evaluate what you are upset about in regards to a particular person and 99.9% of the time, you come to realize that it's silly, and there really isn't a damn thing you can do about it. Best to just smile, apologize, value the person for being your opposite, and most of all, by learning how to co-exist with the individual, you learn a little bit about yourself in the process.

In regards to having "enemies" here at Nom, the only way to heal an injured relationship, is to carefully stitch the wounds with kindness and apply a apology band-aid where needed. Cauterizing the wounds with flames of anger and insults only creates scars that will never heal, and will likely be there a lifetime. Always visible, and never forgotten. Wounds just take time to heal regardless. They never will though unless you take the first steps.

The only way to heal an injured relationship, is to carefully stitch the wounds with kindness and apply a apology band-aid where needed. Cauterizing the wounds with flames of anger and insults only creates scars that will never heal, and will likely be there a lifetime. Always visible, and never forgotten. Wounds just take time to heal regardless. They never will though unless you take the first steps.

Posted Image

I like this quote, I'll save this in notepad or something.

From my first & second day's experience: Bacon is empty as always. Main feels small now and still has mostly randoms except at some specific times, eggs but feels empty and gets depopulated a lot and regulars are still there and not all funneled to main.

I feel like there are less players overall.

Complete and total opposite.

Now main is going to be where the admins are(where they'll use admin 'for the lulz') while eggs will be somewhat populated by the normal pubbers who come here but get on the forums while those who don't know about the other servers will move on because they can't get on main. Meanwhile eggs will have no admins and those people who do go to eggs will be free to do what they want. Some guys were going off about "furfags and gays" and some other stuff that wouldn't be tolerated if an admin just so happened to go by eggs.

Basically we now have Main as the "VIP room" and the other servers as public rooms branching off it. Problem is that main is the big center room of nom and the only way to get to the other rooms is by going through the main server at one point or another(getting introduced to nom). I really don't think this would a good idea. You should have just made an admin announcement saying that you needed people to take care of the responsibility they had been given and actually admin the servers, not just one server.

On the first day, I played on eggs because Main had enough admins. Today, I joined main because there were no admins.

I agree on the last paragraph though. Randoms do not know about eggs, and will not play on main because they can not get in.

From my first & second day's experience: Bacon is empty as always. Main feels small now and still has mostly randoms except at some specific times, eggs sort of has only random people but feels empty and gets depopulated a lot.

I feel like there are less players overall.

On the first day, I played on eggs because Main had enough admins. Today, I joined main because there were no admins.

I agree on the last paragraph though. Randoms do not know about eggs, and will not play on main because they can not get in.

this

but it has been the first day, so ill wait a week to see what happens.