Sign in to follow this  
ratty

Maxplayers Changes

The server has been empty for the past few days in the afternoon (BST) and I've had to wait in the server to kick start it.

(It's empty as I write this and it's 16:30 BST)

It's the server restarts which clear the server (which it has always done) but it is much more noticeable now the server has a lower player count. Usually the server will have at least 10 players before the server is reset at 1pm BST, once the server resets you'll get a few people join the server again but there won't be enough players to carry on which essentially clears the server.

I think you should move the reset time to something much earlier so it doesn't effect the European time zone as much.

(another factor is of course people going back to school, also, with the time zone change to GMT soon the reset will be at noon GMT but I think a 11am reset would be better.)

The server has been empty for the past few days in the afternoon (BST) and I've had to wait in the server to kick start it.

(It's empty as I write this and it's 16:30 BST)

It's the server restarts which clear the server (which it has always done) but it is much more noticeable now the server has a lower player count. Usually the server will have at least 10 players before the server is reset at 1pm BST, once the server resets you'll get a few people join the server again but there won't be enough players to carry on which essentially clears the server.

I think you should move the reset time to something much earlier so it doesn't effect the European time zone as much.

(another factor is of course people going back to school, also, with the time zone change to GMT soon the reset will be at noon GMT but I think a 11am reset would be better.)

I always hate it when you're playing before dinner and it gets to 1pm, it clears the server and you have to wait until after tea time for it to get going again.

Split the spawn camping discussion to feedback

http://forums.nom-nom-nom.us/topic/8749-

And the reset time was based on the statistically lowest playercount time period according to the stats. I'll try raising maxplayers to 32 an hour before the restart. But I'm not really THAT stressed out about the server being empty on the off hours, if it ends up empty all the time, then I'll panic.

as long as there are a significant amount of people on and I can get it, Its still really fun for me actually.

When I get some time to play its either the other servers are empty/has less than 6 people in it

or main is full, and since I dont have reserved slot I cant get in with the fun.

I do try to get in-line with auto retry though but I usually give up after 10 mins or so and play a different game instead

EDIT*

oh yeah I get in at late at night but most of the regulars I know and actually talk to me like NinjaInazuma and others goes to bed lol

i think it would be better if main was 20 instaid of 16 cause thats what it is most of the time or at least over 16 so you have to wait about 1-4 hours to get on and because where its the MAIN server it having the lowest # of players is weird.

also eggs could probably go back to 16 to both funnel people to bacon and cause its nice that way

The POINT of main having a lower number of max players is so that the other servers are also actually USED. Bacon used to be full all the time, with people who couldn't get into main, generally from pubbers filling it up. Then, bacon was abandoned in favor of Eggs. Now main is often full of regulars, which is REALLY nice to see, but bacon STILL isn't being used.