• This topic is locked This topic is locked
133 replies to this topic

#21 Gemini.exe

Gemini.exe

Batteries not Included

• Scrimmer
  • 1716 posts

Posted September 14 2010 - 05:11 PM

-can't has his Mains now. Will probably need to wait in server for 20 minues to get a slot. Going to cut himself now from Nom withdrawl-

Alas. Still, I guess that makes Main a lot more competitive, and that's a bonus if I ever get on. Having 12 people calling for Medic is always a pain in the ass.

#22 Soviet

Soviet

I post a lot!

• Scrim Admins
  • 2100 posts
  • Soldier, Pyro, Demoman

Posted September 14 2010 - 05:12 PM

I'd like it if Main=Eggs, Eggs=Eggs and bacon well bacon. Nontheless I don't mind..

#23 DANGER_HIGH_VOLTAGE

DANGER_HIGH_VOLTAGE

Judgement!

• TF2 Admins
  • 5126 posts

Posted September 14 2010 - 05:22 PM

Now I wonder. Will the Eggs regulars now go to Main, or will they stick with Eggs? I don't think all the talking that can happen on Eggs would be welcome on Main.
[insert pun here]

The Nom Master of Drowning! (Take my word for it.)
Tumblr

#24 Thaurian

Thaurian

Manual included

• Members
  • 1604 posts
  • Minecraft:Thaurian
  • Medic

Posted September 14 2010 - 05:23 PM

Played on Eggs only because of the reserved slot holders and the 16 player size, I got bored of anything bigger than 24 and the complete randomness of Main, I'd rather join a random european server than join Main before this change so I'm happy about this - even if I don't have a reserved slot!
Goddamn cat.
TF2 Backpack

#25 Dr. Soul

Dr. Soul

ech

• Scrimmer
  • 6921 posts
  • Scout, Pyro, Demoman, Medic

Posted September 14 2010 - 05:56 PM

I have mixed feelings about this.

"why am I the only one here not having a cock here?" -Fox McCrits

"Hey did you know that 4000 cats are eaten in China? Wanna pretend I'm asian and let me eat your pussyyyyy?"-Pikachu on LSD 

#26 Goombac

Goombac

The Night is Dark and Full of Terrors

• Scrimmer
  • 3661 posts
  • Scout, Soldier, Pyro, Demoman, Heavy, Medic, Spy

Posted September 14 2010 - 05:59 PM

Pretty much

main = eggs
eggs = main
bacon = delicous
bacon server = the same

But is main going to become the fooling around server and is eggs going to become more serious play? Or is main going to remain the more serious, and eggs the fooling around?

#27 nosoop

nosoop

in ur vps, wreckin' ur stuf

• Members
  • 2751 posts

Posted September 14 2010 - 06:13 PM

So, what about those people that only know about the main server, how do we move people to Eggs 'n Bacon?

Anyways, I can't wait to actually go to a non-empty Bacon again, if it works out. C:
Bacon might want another 4 slots though

#28 SirKillingston

SirKillingston

Bootylicious.

• Scrimmer
  • 3641 posts

Posted September 14 2010 - 07:00 PM

Now I wonder. Will the Eggs regulars now go to Main, or will they stick with Eggs? I don't think all the talking that can happen on Eggs would be welcome on Main.

I can't speak for other Eggs regulars, but I myself will pretty much only play on Main from now on.
Naudlus: TIL killingston is never wrong

Friendship for Everyone™: I don't know. I'm too nice.

Feral: I am tiny baby woman.

emeraldscorp: MY ASS IS EASY

#29 Zuul

Zuul

Just stay alive.

• Members
  • 4276 posts

Posted September 14 2010 - 07:02 PM

I decided yesterday to play on Main more often, so I'm totally okay with this news.

Main should be where the regulars go, and I wanna go where they go.

I will be made a new creature, one bright day.

Posted Image

#30 OrangeL

OrangeL

I edit every post I make

• Administrators
  • 2937 posts

Posted September 14 2010 - 07:05 PM

So, what about those people that only know about the main server, how do we move people to Eggs 'n Bacon?

Anyways, I can't wait to actually go to a non-empty Bacon again, if it works out. C:
Bacon might want another 4 slots though

I joined Eggs to see what it was like.

A whole bunch of pubbers. The plan worked.

Bacon, however, is still a ghost town.

#31 Toamto

Toamto

tromboner

• Administrators
  • 1920 posts

Posted September 14 2010 - 08:45 PM

I really liked the higher player count, seeing as how it's almost always a full server, but now everyone who plays on the main server and not bacon&eggs will be waiting to get into main instead of filling up the bacon and eggs servers, because they're 'regulars' but not 'donators', therefore defeating the purpose... and so Eggs will be the new Main and Main will be the new Eggs. And Bacon will always be empty.

I guess I'll be packing my bags and heading off to eggs or bacon (which will be ~half empty or more), I don't want to wait 30 minutes to play for 5 minutes then get kicked because a premium member wants on or from a random tf2 crash.

I don't see a lot of benefit to 32 players now days, so none of the servers will have that.

You get to see a lot more diversity when it comes to skill, and there aren't as many steamroll rounds. Plus you can have at least one of every class at a single moment in time, not available in counts under 18.

...I'm just not sure what to think on this new change. I guess I'm just used to main being fun to play on rather than it being a competition.

</rant>

#32 Falcia

Falcia

• Members
  • 46 posts
  • Spy

Posted September 14 2010 - 08:53 PM

I was wondering why main felt dead, that would explain things. Can`t say I`d play on a lowcap like that much, makes some classes pretty worthless and turns things into feeling like an endless scrim game filled with soldiers demo`s and heavies.

QQ

#33 Scare

Scare

S.P.E.C.T.R.E.

• Administrators
  • 2945 posts

Posted September 14 2010 - 09:03 PM

I really liked the higher player count, seeing as how it's almost always a full server, but now everyone who plays on the main server and not bacon&eggs will be waiting to get into main instead of filling up the bacon and eggs servers, because they're 'regulars' but not 'donators', therefore defeating the purpose... and so Eggs will be the new Main and Main will be the new Eggs. And Bacon will always be empty.

I guess I'll be packing my bags and heading off to eggs or bacon (which will be ~half empty or more), I don't want to wait 30 minutes to play for 5 minutes then get kicked because a premium member wants on or from a random tf2 crash.

You seem to be confusing us with some other server. We don't have a 'donators' tier, nor do we kick people to make room.
Posted Image

#34 ratty

ratty

Double rainbow all the way

• Ratty
  • 13343 posts

Posted September 14 2010 - 09:12 PM

Looking right now, there's 5 admins and 4 reserved on main, and 3 admins + 2 reserved on eggs, so we're getting there. There's no logical reason why bacon is empty and eggs is completely full right now, they are configured exactly the same.

I don't see how people having fun and chatting prevents people from playing for real.
And main is still for playing for real, but if its a lot of fun people on, who knows what will happen. :)

The only reason I have that whole bacon/eggs is not serious thing is because I have a rogue admin who happens to own that server that likes to spawn pumpkins on the capture point DURING THE MATCH, so since I can't stop him, the best I can do is say dont expect to have a serious game over there. Play at your own risk there, I know it has the nom name, but I don't have absolute control over it.
main is still my baby, I take good care of it, we don't abuse people during the match, if we get a rogue admin doing that over there, they won't be admin anymore, so it hasn't happened in a very long time.
Real gameplay can be maintained on all the servers here without it degrading to a mario_kart funserver though.

#35 Toamto

Toamto

tromboner

• Administrators
  • 1920 posts

Posted September 14 2010 - 09:27 PM

You seem to be confusing us with some other server. We don't have a 'donators' tier, nor do we kick people to make room.

Whoops, I didn't realize reserved slots were gotten by favoritism from admins. (having 'donate' at the top of the sanvich on the front page go nowhere doesn't help either :wacko: ) My mistake.

To get a slot, you have to play here regularly, be respectful, mature, and be liked by the admins. The process works by an admin nominates you to the rest of us, and if approved, they get a slot.

#36 Zaranell

Zaranell

Big Poster

• Members
  • 438 posts
  • Gamespy ID: Zaranell
  • Scout, Soldier, Pyro, Heavy

Posted September 14 2010 - 09:47 PM

My only problem with this is that it would often take anywhere from 2-15 minutes just to get into the Main server when it was full before. With 16 players, I feel like I hardly have a chance to play there now. If it's supposed to be a sort of "VIP clubhouse" as Ratty put it, then I don't even know if I'm VIP.
Posted Image
"Be a victor, or be a victim!"

#37 Imperator

Imperator

Derpy Twilight

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted September 14 2010 - 10:17 PM

This announcement makes me sad, my first fond memories of playing TF2 were on a 32 player count main server. I had a lot of fun on it, I tried bacon later on but was never really a fan of it's occasional craziness. Things on Main seemed to change a few months ago when regulars I used to see in Main seemed to just disappear. I remember Main from a year ago (when I first started playing TF2), as I fun place with great people, but last time I played it was just kinda of meh. I don't think decreasing it to 16 players will help things get better, as things seemed to not go so well during the time it got temporarily reduced from 32 to 24. Maybe I'm just too out of the loop to understand as I've gone from being sort of a regular to almost not playing TF2 at all for like 3 months.

#38 Pappy

Pappy

Disciple of Brodin may we all find Swolehalla

• Scrimmer
  • 1488 posts
  • Minecraft:PapaUmad
  • Scout, Pyro, Demoman, Medic

Posted September 14 2010 - 10:29 PM

I'm down with the change and I understand this is a step forward
but I kinda figure
This doesn't really change anything :P

www.twitter.com/brandonsoarespt

soaresbrandoncpt.wordpress.com

brandonsoarescpt.trainerize.com

#39 nosoop

nosoop

in ur vps, wreckin' ur stuf

• Members
  • 2751 posts

Posted September 14 2010 - 10:35 PM

Looking right now, there's 5 admins and 4 reserved on main, and 3 admins + 2 reserved on eggs, so we're getting there. There's no logical reason why bacon is empty and eggs is completely full right now, they are configured exactly the same.

Bumping Eggs up to 24 just made it so more people can head there. Doubt think it's a configuration issue, but more of a social networking kind of issue. The last time I remember it being regularly filled, it had frequent connection issues server-side, and I'd guess everyone left because of it, then everyone and their friends play elsewhere.

Just hold on until the weekend arrives. If that doesn't help, some of those regulars might have to drop in on Bacon for it to live. Or server messages. Or keep switching the server names between Eggs and Bacon.

Edited by nosoop, September 14 2010 - 10:36 PM.

#40 Zetsubou

Zetsubou

kind of impossible to talk to

• TF2 Admins
  • 2940 posts

Posted September 14 2010 - 10:38 PM

Played for hours tonight on a full Main server. One of the best Tf2 nights I've played in quite some time. Everyone was friendly, we would laugh, jeer, and make jokes at each other, while still playing the game seriously.

That's what brought me to nom. That's what makes me stay.
Nothing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users