#42 Rat with a Rifle

Rat with a Rifle

I post a lot!

• Members
  • 941 posts
  • Heavy

Posted September 14 2010 - 11:30 PM

So I take it you love the idea, Itami?

Anyway, curse you Ratty for doing this when College is in full for me! I wanna play something fierce but I'm bogged down. I feel like a dog on a leash! Like the idea, mostly because I hate 32 man. Way to laggy and hectic in my opinion. See everyone on Main!
It doesn't matter how far apart we are. The bonds we've made will remain strong. Everyone's heart is connected to the people they know and trust. It's those bonds that let us all search for our purpose in life. As-long as it's a purpose you believe in, there will always be someone who can help you fulfill it. You, me, and everyone else. There are no barriers.

Our hearts are one.
Posted Image

#43 Itami

Itami

Big Poster

• Scrimmer
  • 329 posts
  • Soldier, Medic, Spy

Posted September 14 2010 - 11:31 PM

So I take it you love the idea, Itami?

Anyway, curse you Ratty for doing this when College is in full for me! I wanna play something fierce but I'm bogged down. I feel like a dog on a leash! Like the idea, mostly because I hate 32 man. Way to laggy and hectic in my opinion. See everyone on Main!

Complete and total opposite.

Now main is going to be where the admins are(where they'll use admin 'for the lulz') while eggs will be somewhat populated by the normal pubbers who come here but get on the forums while those who don't know about the other servers will move on because they can't get on main. Meanwhile eggs will have no admins and those people who do go to eggs will be free to do what they want. Some guys were going off about "furfags and gays" and some other stuff that wouldn't be tolerated if an admin just so happened to go by eggs.

Basically we now have Main as the "VIP room" and the other servers as public rooms branching off it. Problem is that main is the big center room of nom and the only way to get to the other rooms is by going through the main server at one point or another(getting introduced to nom). I really don't think this would a good idea. You should have just made an admin announcement saying that you needed people to take care of the responsibility they had been given and actually admin the servers, not just one server.

#44 kami

kami

It only matters if it rocks.

• Members
  • 1474 posts

Posted September 15 2010 - 02:26 AM

Looking right now, there's 5 admins and 4 reserved on main, and 3 admins + 2 reserved on eggs, so we're getting there. There's no logical reason why bacon is empty and eggs is completely full right now, they are configured exactly the same.

I think bacon is empty because apart from people who frequent the forum no one knows it exists, it would be worth while listing all of the server ips into the message of the day so that when people join the server they'll notice that there is in fact another server that they could jump on.

#45 Madai

Madai

Earn crackers?

• Scrimmer
  • 6915 posts

Posted September 15 2010 - 03:34 AM

main is still my baby, I take good care of it, we don't abuse people during the match,

Oh really? :rolleyes:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9NlQb8rxBg

na that was like one time which is fair enough.

Anyhoo, if the pubers go to eggs instead of bacon now the mission has not been accomplished, if so I would like help from some people to try to get bacon running again.

IlrVSW2.png

#46 QuaintHazard

QuaintHazard

Hazardly Hazardous

• TF2 Admins
  • 3850 posts

Posted September 15 2010 - 05:19 AM

Itami, if there are people being a hassle, just call an admin in. Hell, just PM me if there's an issue.
I wont be in main all the time either, I'll be switching it up so there will be even coverage on the servers.
Posted Image

#47 OrangeL

OrangeL

I edit every post I make

• Administrators
  • 2937 posts

Posted September 15 2010 - 06:25 AM

Now main is going to be where the admins are(where they'll use admin 'for the lulz')

Nope. Ratty doesn't allow that on Main (his baby).

while eggs will be somewhat populated by the normal pubbers who come here but get on the forums while those who don't know about the other servers will move on because they can't get on main. Meanwhile eggs will have no admins and those people who do go to eggs will be free to do what they want.

That was kinda the whole idea of this plan: Use bacon and eggs for pubbers, and the expensive main for regulars.

Basically we now have Main as the "VIP room" and the other servers as public rooms branching off it.

read above.

Problem is that main is the big center room of nom and the only way to get to the other rooms is by going through the main server at one point or another(getting introduced to nom).

Or browsing through the server lists...

Itami, admins aren't gonna be everywhere at once. Would you like to go to a server where you have no idea who anybody is while all your friends are on another server? Besides, some regulars and admins still play on eggs from time to time... just not all the time. So it's basically the old main, but with a new name.

#48 sanjista

sanjista

Negative Nancy

• Scrimmer
  • 288 posts
  • Scout, Soldier, Demoman, Heavy, Sniper

Posted September 15 2010 - 07:11 AM

thanks for this, 32 players was ruining the game a bit cause of all the spam and heavy/engie spam and it's just awful. But like Chloe said, what are the max players if you count reserved slot holders jumping in?
Posted Image

#49 kingddd

kingddd

Dorky Avatar

• Members
  • 9355 posts

Posted September 15 2010 - 07:15 AM

thanks for this, 32 players was ruining the game a bit cause of all the spam and heavy/engie spam and it's just awful. But like Chloe said, what are the max players if you count reserved slot holders jumping in?

Isn't it just like eggs where the max slot is 32 players but 16 reserved slots and 16 public slots?

yVRxnqJ.png

-------------------------------------------------

Youtube Channel

Steam Community

#50 sanjista

sanjista

Negative Nancy

• Scrimmer
  • 288 posts
  • Scout, Soldier, Demoman, Heavy, Sniper

Posted September 15 2010 - 07:21 AM

Isn't it just like eggs where the max slot is 32 players but 16 reserved slots and 16 public slots?

so there's just more reserved slots for main then? I guess that's better then a full 24 randoms
Posted Image

#51 Arty

Arty

You can leave your hat on

• Members
  • 1879 posts
  • Minecraft:artypi
  • Heavy, Sniper, Medic

Posted September 15 2010 - 07:29 AM

I'm totally okay with this

I never really liked playing on main because it was usually full of angry pubbers and it's so much more fun playing with your friends. It's nice to know we have a VIP hangout
yeahhh

#52 Wulfie

Wulfie

Not even from the Pokéhoods

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted September 15 2010 - 08:30 AM

I really don't know what to think about this..

Initially I stopped playing Main and went to Bacon because at the time non-regulars/pub/whatever-you-call-them started coming in and bringing the mood of the place down. The few people I know here went to Bacon for a bit until that onset of major lag issues came about a while back, and we drifted onto Eggs. Could take 30 minutes waiting to get a slot sometimes, but it was pretty much guaranteed that I'd know at least one person in there by the time I got in.

With this switch over, I 'unno. It seems that the Eggs requlars will now go to Main for the same reason they went to Eggs in the first place, but.. What'll happen to the non-Noms who some of us stayed out of Main to keep away from? Will they just move to Eggs or will they still try to go to Main causing longer waiting times and the like? D:

Maybe I just don't like change and expect the worst, but yeah.
3DS: 4828 - 4412 - 4409
AC:NL : Ruelle

Posted Image

#53 Chloe

Chloe

Fuck you, Nikon

• Scrimmer
  • 1099 posts
  • Soldier, Engineer, Medic

Posted September 15 2010 - 09:19 AM

the expensive main for regulars.

Dumb question but how is main expensive? I know it has different hardware (I think) but I'm curious as to what you mean.
Chloe's vanity videos - Thread and Channel

Add me as a friend here!

#54 Itami

Itami

Big Poster

• Scrimmer
  • 329 posts
  • Soldier, Medic, Spy

Posted September 15 2010 - 09:25 AM

Nope. Ratty doesn't allow that on Main (his baby). That was kinda the whole idea of this plan: Use bacon and eggs for pubbers, and the expensive main for regulars.

read above. Or browsing through the server lists...

Itami, admins aren't gonna be everywhere at once. Would you like to go to a server where you have no idea who anybody is while all your friends are on another server? Besides, some regulars and admins still play on eggs from time to time... just not all the time. So it's basically the old main, but with a new name.

So then why has bacon been empty? I mean, it is on the server browser, isn't it?

Then what's the point of there being admins if they're not watching the random pubbers? You've got admins watching admins while the other server runs rampant? I never had a problem with 32 players on main, if I wanted to play serious I'd go jump on some other server with my friends. Nom has always had a distinctive feel because of the pace that main set. You might not have thought of it as the best and balanced. But having an easy access 32 player server meant that lots of different people could pass through and get a chance to be on the server.

Just keep your eye on the player count graphs.

#55 QuaintHazard

QuaintHazard

Hazardly Hazardous

• TF2 Admins
  • 3850 posts

Posted September 15 2010 - 09:35 AM

So then why has bacon been empty? I mean, it is on the server browser, isn't it?

They absolutely fear Cupcake's pumpkins.
Posted Image

#56 Gemini.exe

Gemini.exe

Batteries not Included

• Scrimmer
  • 1716 posts

Posted September 15 2010 - 09:58 AM

Played for hours tonight on a full Main server. One of the best Tf2 nights I've played in quite some time. Everyone was friendly, we would laugh, jeer, and make jokes at each other, while still playing the game seriously.

That's what brought me to nom. That's what makes me stay.

Hehehehehe....Frontier.....

And it seems like the slots become more open as the day goes on. At around 3 PM, when I got home from school, the server took me about 20 minutes to get in, however by 5 or 6, the server was 14/16. And I agree with Zetsu, we were having an AMAZING time. It's a TON easier to be medic on an 8V8 compared to the sometimes 12v12 before. This makes it seem like Main is like a lot more like a Scrim server, but with a lot more lenience, which seems like the perfect blend for me.

#57 Zuul

Zuul

Just stay alive.

• Members
  • 4276 posts

Posted September 15 2010 - 09:59 AM

You should have just made an admin announcement saying that you needed people to take care of the responsibility they had been given and actually admin the servers, not just one server.

Admin stuff is none of our business, and for the record, I've seen admins on all of the servers. Plus if you call one in, they're (usually) there on time.

I will be made a new creature, one bright day.

Posted Image

#58 Gadgeteer

Gadgeteer

Fully Automated

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted September 15 2010 - 10:00 AM

I have to say, I was skeptical at first, but I like the new main. The five minutes it took to get on where well worth the wait. Playing just now took me back to when I first came here, and reminded me why I stayed.

As for eggs and bacon, I think only time will tell if Itami's concerns are valid. Let's try this out for while and see what happens. As Itami advised, we should keep a close eye on the player count graphs to see if everything goes smoothly.
Go Go Gadget Signature!
Posted Image

#59 Charlatan

Charlatan

Trickster

• Scrimmer
  • 534 posts

Posted September 15 2010 - 10:17 AM

I'm having fun on Main again!
Posted Image

#60 cavemansteijn

cavemansteijn