• This topic is locked This topic is locked
133 replies to this topic

#121 The_Victor

The_Victor

Derp

• Scrimmer
  • 1492 posts

Posted September 20 2010 - 04:30 PM

Personaly, I liked to play with a high number of players. Don't mind playing on Bacon or Egg with 24 as a cap.

But when I log onto steam, those servers are empty!

And all the cool people are at the main server! It's always full and I have to click "Join game" for 30 mins straight if I want a spot! D:

Well, guess I have to wait 6 months to gain my reserved slot...

#122 Pixel

Pixel

It's a secret to everybody

• Members
  • 1357 posts
  • Minecraft:MrPixel
  • Scout, Soldier, Demoman

Posted September 20 2010 - 05:03 PM

I put hlstats on eggs, I forgot to disable all the annoying ingame crap. It should be quiet now.

Why thank you ^_^.

Personaly, I liked to play with a high number of players. Don't mind playing on Bacon or Egg with 24 as a cap.

But when I log onto steam, those servers are empty!

And all the cool people are at the main server! It's always full and I have to click "Join game" for 30 mins straight if I want a spot! D:

I need to enable my messages so I can see people messaging me in-game. I can go to eggs or bacon with someone and if there are 2 people in the server people will start to join pretty fast. Just message me and I might go, but if I'm not even in-game then I can't get on...probably to busy with school stuff or something.

#123 Milk™

Milk™

-

• Scrimmer
  • 1896 posts

Posted September 20 2010 - 05:24 PM

I'm going to repost this here since we have a lot people commenting about reserved slots, and their lack of having one:

As posted here: What Makes us Different?

***Reserved slots***

How to get a slot

To get a slot, you have to play here regularly, be respectful, mature, and be liked by the admins. The process works by an admin nominates you to the rest of us, and if approved, they get a slot. If you know any admins, you can ask them nicely ONE TIME to recommend you, and if they don't, just shut up about it. If an admin nomiates you, and you end up being a jerk, they are on the hook, so you're basically asking them to risk their own reputation by recommending you, and you shouldn't think these are given out lightly.

Ok, I need to stop here and point something out to the kids that read this and think that means to join the server and ask "are there any admins here?". No, surprisingly we don't just give reserved slots to people that shout "someone give me a slot!". If you pester us, that only makes a case for not adding you. We actively look for new people that we like to add, so if you're annoying, talk way too much on the mic, or are otherwise detract from the experience when you're on the server, don't expect a slot.

Do not make any posts here asking for a slot.

Time is not a requirement, folks. It's not a popularity contest either.

Getting a reserved slot for the most part breaks down to three core parts:

Notability = The state or quality of being notable.
Observance = The ability to observe and obey all rules and guidelines, The ability to observe and respect the feelings of others.
Morality = The drive to do the right thing even when nobody is looking. To do good and add to the community as a whole.

You follow those simple guidlines. You can't go wrong.

#124 ratty

ratty

Double rainbow all the way

• Ratty
  • 13343 posts

Posted September 21 2010 - 07:31 PM

moved the hlstats discussion here
http://forums.nom-no....us/topic/8674-

#125 Phosphatide

Phosphatide

UUUUUU

• Members
  • 3522 posts

Posted September 21 2010 - 08:46 PM

It looks as if not many people in general are coming by to play on the Nom servers recently. School did just start and all.

Maybe changing both Main and Bacon to 16 players, Eggs stays at 24, and we see what happens there?

#126 Cornish Game Hen

Cornish Game Hen

Something happened

• Members
  • 989 posts

Posted September 22 2010 - 04:39 AM

moved the hlstats discussion here
http://forums.nom-no....us/topic/8674-

Read the other thread first and thought I'd messed up and posted there instead of here, I guess it did get a bit off topic.

#127 kami

kami

It only matters if it rocks.

• Members
  • 1474 posts

Posted September 24 2010 - 07:28 AM

The server has been empty for the past few days in the afternoon (BST) and I've had to wait in the server to kick start it.

(It's empty as I write this and it's 16:30 BST)

It's the server restarts which clear the server (which it has always done) but it is much more noticeable now the server has a lower player count. Usually the server will have at least 10 players before the server is reset at 1pm BST, once the server resets you'll get a few people join the server again but there won't be enough players to carry on which essentially clears the server.

I think you should move the reset time to something much earlier so it doesn't effect the European time zone as much.

(another factor is of course people going back to school, also, with the time zone change to GMT soon the reset will be at noon GMT but I think a 11am reset would be better.)

#128 Cornish Game Hen

Cornish Game Hen

Something happened

• Members
  • 989 posts

Posted September 24 2010 - 07:34 AM

The server has been empty for the past few days in the afternoon (BST) and I've had to wait in the server to kick start it.

(It's empty as I write this and it's 16:30 BST)

It's the server restarts which clear the server (which it has always done) but it is much more noticeable now the server has a lower player count. Usually the server will have at least 10 players before the server is reset at 1pm BST, once the server resets you'll get a few people join the server again but there won't be enough players to carry on which essentially clears the server.

I think you should move the reset time to something much earlier so it doesn't effect the European time zone as much.

(another factor is of course people going back to school, also, with the time zone change to GMT soon the reset will be at noon GMT but I think a 11am reset would be better.)

I always hate it when you're playing before dinner and it gets to 1pm, it clears the server and you have to wait until after tea time for it to get going again.

#129 ratty

ratty

• Ratty
  • 13343 posts

Posted September 24 2010 - 02:54 PM

Split the spawn camping discussion to feedback
http://forums.nom-no....us/topic/8749-
And the reset time was based on the statistically lowest playercount time period according to the stats. I'll try raising maxplayers to 32 an hour before the restart. But I'm not really THAT stressed out about the server being empty on the off hours, if it ends up empty all the time, then I'll panic.

#130 Chii

Chii

Flamey Tank of a Pyro

• Members
  • 142 posts
  • Pyro, Engineer, Medic

Posted September 24 2010 - 07:29 PM

as long as there are a significant amount of people on and I can get it, Its still really fun for me actually.

When I get some time to play its either the other servers are empty/has less than 6 people in it
or main is full, and since I dont have reserved slot I cant get in with the fun.

I do try to get in-line with auto retry though but I usually give up after 10 mins or so and play a different game instead

EDIT*
oh yeah I get in at late at night but most of the regulars I know and actually talk to me like NinjaInazuma and others goes to bed lol
Now Playing:

Dungeon Fighter Online
Team Fortress 2
Carcassonne
Munchkin
Magic the Gathering (Standard/Draft/EDH)

#131 K2.

K2.

Something witty

• Scrimmer
  • 2289 posts
  • Scout, Soldier, Pyro, Demoman, Engineer, Sniper

Posted September 25 2010 - 06:13 AM

i think it would be better if main was 20 instaid of 16 cause thats what it is most of the time or at least over 16 so you have to wait about 1-4 hours to get on and because where its the MAIN server it having the lowest # of players is weird.
also eggs could probably go back to 16 to both funnel people to bacon and cause its nice that way

#132 emeraldscorpion90

emeraldscorpion90

SEE?

• TF2 Admins
  • 2907 posts

Posted September 25 2010 - 08:08 AM

The POINT of main having a lower number of max players is so that the other servers are also actually USED. Bacon used to be full all the time, with people who couldn't get into main, generally from pubbers filling it up. Then, bacon was abandoned in favor of Eggs. Now main is often full of regulars, which is REALLY nice to see, but bacon STILL isn't being used.
Trades.
My backpack.
Tactically Inane Tower Squad (Minecraft)

EA's marketing is a jock running up to you and punching you in the dick for not playing the latest Medal of Honour. It doesn't matter if you play it anyway, you still got punched in the dick.

Oh god they fly and have ass lasers.

#133 Cornish Game Hen

Cornish Game Hen

Something happened

• Members
  • 989 posts

Posted September 25 2010 - 10:51 AM

The problem is, the amount of people waiting to get in main could fill up bacon or eggs but they choose to wait hours to get into main for a match or two, instead of having the nonce to kick start the other servers.

#134 ratty

ratty

• Ratty
  • 13343 posts

Posted September 25 2010 - 01:51 PM

Ok I'm closing this topic, I'm sick of moving off topic posts into their own thread.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users