Sign in to follow this  
ratty

No Trading Over Voice Chat

It is just getting out of control lately, please don't use voice chat to trade items, it is just obnoxious.

Edited by ratty
bolded for emphasis, in case there's any confusion

Text chat trading is fine as long as you're not spamming. This thread is addressing trading over the mics only.

Didn't notice a problem but honestly, if you both say sure to negotiating go to the trading screen at a good time.

the honeymoon is over!

I think that the trading talk would have eventually gone away naturally, but this is sure to speed up the process.

same, but i'm glad it's being sped up.

Yeah, it was getting kind of annoying.

Text is better anyway, since you can scroll up to see what the person wanted :P

thank god! One person kept trying to trade his demo fro every 5 mins and he wouldn't shut up.

Man that was annoying.

"Hey guys anyone wanna trade for a demo fro?"

"Guys i got a demo fro wanna trade"

Man that was annoying.

"Hey guys anyone wanna trade for a demo fro?"

"Guys i got a demo fro wanna trade"

We had people offering a dick and a direct hit why wouldn't he accept. :S

picture the entire red team chit-chatting about trades while saxton hale is about to win without a noble fight...

i've seen it -- it's very ugly and embarrasing for saxton hale.

i put a stop to this last weekend on Punkd's VS Saxton Hale Server and told everyone to conduct all trades transactions outside the server. <_<

I would say no, because if people already forget not to do it at all, they're going to forget to do it during setup time only.

yesterday some guy was talking on bacon of trading and I told him to not do it over the voice chat. he told me that if I wasn't a mod then I have no authority to say that to him and would continue if I didn't have a kind of punishment

yesterday some guy was talking on bacon of trading and I told him to not do it over the voice chat. he told me that if I wasn't a mod then I have no authority to say that to him and would continue if I didn't have a kind of punishment

Just report to an admin on steam then, if it becomes a problem, like more people complaining to said admin, then they will do something. Most of the time when I tell an admin "Hey this guy over on eggs is mic spamming" or "Hey we are stuck in the map because the carts are stuck in overtime and won't move" (anyone who was there and knows what I'm talking about is a reg from 2009 august area :D ) They will come right away. If that said person is being a dick even more the admin will resolve it.

UGH, what was his name? TELL EVERYONE.

sadly I don't remember the name as I changed to eggs after that because of how no one seemed to care in the server.

Sign in to follow this