Sign in to follow this  
OrangeL

The Nom Podcast

This is purely an experiment, as I lack a lot of free time. It may become an official thing later... but not weekly. Maybe monthly.

The Nom Podcast is a podcast that... well it doesn't have much purpose or base yet. Only solid thing is news. Here, listen in:

Listen Here!

Done? Great! Please leave a post below with comments/ideas/recommendations/Iwannabeacohost. Also, anybody know of any good quality microphones (preferably with a windscreen attached)?

Your opinion is appreciated!

News:

New contest!

Edited by OrangeL

Needs moar cohost

don't hurt me

Pretty nice, man. I like it. It's definitely a good idea in my opinion. But yeah, a co-host would be great. I wish I could, but I would suuuuck X3 Besides, my family would get very paranoid if I start randomly "talking to myself" in my room :B

I can give it a try if you want, though.

Wow, hearing the news just spotlights how empty our lives really are lol.

And yes, co-host most needed. Then have guests over Skype or whatever.

If this gets more developed, then yes I'll link it on the front page and all of that.

I love it

you need co-host which for obvious reasons can't be me

still, great work

with a co-host you could discuss each week's cycle maps, as well as some TF2 announcements(like the new medic polycount)

First rule: always, always, always, always, ALWAYS make the music volume lower than your voice volume! Even when you think the music will be inaudible, this is imperative!

Secondly, when doing things like reading news or listing maps in a mapcycle, try to transition better than just saying "next". You need to make your topics flow from one to the other.

But I think you should keep up with this. I think it could be very interesting.

Wow, hearing the news just spotlights how empty our lives really are lol.

And yes, co-host most needed. Then have guests over Skype or whatever.

If this gets more developed, then yes I'll link it on the front page and all of that.

Guests are a CAPITAL idea!

Rotating co-hosts?

Perhaps commentary on random games on the server?

This has a lot of potential, and I really want to see what you end up doing with it!

I wouldn't mind helping every once and a while or guest host c:

If the podcast will be that long, maybe a small little window of time for funny or interesting status updates on nom profiles here. Or, if anyone has cool stuff they want people to know about, or really informative/ popular threads, they can submit it, and if accepted, have it be on the show.

also, wouldnt mind appearing on a cast sometime :P

Thanks for the... telling me I need a co-host. If you want to participate, add me on skype. Although you need a decent mic and audacity.

I'm still looking for stuff like Zetsoubou posted: segment ideas.

In other news, I'm thinking this will be a end-of-every-month podcast, where we go over stuff that happened this month. Starting on the 31st.

In other other news, I have found a decent microphone (I currently have 8-10 microphones lying around my computer desk as I type this, all of them were part of a search for the holy mic). The chances of actually getting it are slim, but there is hope (because I record more than just this podcast).(And I may or may not have a birthday soon.)

Oh, Ratty, if this continues, would you allow me to post these on your servers somewhere so I don't have to rely on archive.org?

Edited by OrangeL

ooh ooh me me me i have a decent mic and i am your frrrrrrriiend

We could go to Berkeley and do public interviews for our podcasts. Eh? Eh?

beerrrrrkley

beeeeerrrrrrrrrklleeyy

NO. STAY IN YOUR SISSY MORAGA SCHOOL. And this is skype :P Not "HEY RANDOM GUY, WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT NOM?!" Edited by OrangeL

NO. STAY IN YOUR SISSY MORAGA SCHOOL. And this is skype :P Not "HEY RANDOM GUY, WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT NOM?!"

"HEY DO YOU LIKE HATS"

"THAT'S A PRETTY COOL HAT THERE, YOU SEEM LIKE A HAT GUY"

"HATS"

for segments ideas:

-introducing the new members of the month

-discussing a weapon's pros and cons

-talking about the maps created by the community

-gamer of the month?(not sure if good idea)

just some random ideas

I know I said I didn't want to cohost, but the more I think about it the more fun it sounds. So I'll do it if you want me to :)

A co-host or group of 3 leading the podcast with drop-ins from whoever you would think have good input with your topics would be cool. Also for the hosts to talk well together/good chemistry.

Topics I guess between your usual TF2 news possibly L4D1/2, Minecraft, other games the community seems to play c:

Or other obscure news picks from stuff you read in "General Discussion"

tl;dr have good topics are were gonna end up yapping about the same thing over and over.

If you love awkward silences, jokes that make people stop dead in thier tracks, mumbling beyond belief. Sanji for hire.

How about the week's best play? Like Madai blowing himself up on the last point?

For the next podcast, you could play an audio fragment of this masterpiece.

Edited by Ager

I can see great potential in this o3o

edit: I think you might need a sexy sidekick with ya

a sexy sidekick named kev o 3 o

Edited by Heartlesskev