• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Scare

Scare

S.P.E.C.T.R.E.

• Administrators
  • 2945 posts

Posted October 27 2010 - 03:17 PM

This is a crosspost from the Useful Info entry for the Address Exchange.

You don't normally have this sort of thing on the internets because by participating in this, you are crossing over from anonymity into iRL. As such, follow and obey these rules. If you can't handle it, don't use it. Abuse of this system will have harsh consequences.

Address Exchange

• You must be over 18 to use the address exchange. We use your birthday in your profile to verify this. This is for your protection!
  • Do not reshare information. You are free to share your address, but you are not free to share other people's addresses.
  • Only share with those you completely trust. You never know, someone just might show up at your doorstep, or worse. You may want to consider using a P.O. Box.

Lastly, by using the address exchange, you are knowingly putting your address into our database. We promise not to sell, share, or distribute this information, or use it for our own nefarious purposes. However, it is a privacy issue and dangerous should it fall into the wrong hands. We will notify you if your privacy has been breached.

Make use of the feedback forum to report any bugs, or the private issues subforum if you discover someone abusing the system.
Posted Image

#2 Chloe

Chloe

Fuck you, Nikon

• Scrimmer
  • 1099 posts
  • Soldier, Engineer, Medic

Posted October 27 2010 - 03:24 PM

Ok I'll announce this.

Scare volunteered to make this for me so I could send you guys holiday cards. If you share you address with me, then I'll do my best to send you something until I run out of cards (I have about 100 now.) Essentially we're having one big Christmas card exchange this year. Everyone can share their addresses with the people they want and get cards or presents or whatever. Pretty straight forward.

For anyone who doesn't want to put their address in the database, you can message me privately and I'll send you something for the holidays. And don't worry. I'm not a stalker, I promise.

(psst everyone thank scare)

Edit to add: Oh just so you know, if you send me your address, you don't have to send me anything. I'm glad to give you guys something.
Chloe's vanity videos - Thread and Channel

Add me as a friend here!

#3 emeraldscorpion90

emeraldscorpion90

SEE?

• TF2 Admins
  • 2907 posts

Posted October 27 2010 - 05:11 PM

Daww, chloe, that's sweet!

And scare, thanks for setting this up! XD
Trades.
My backpack.
Tactically Inane Tower Squad (Minecraft)

EA's marketing is a jock running up to you and punching you in the dick for not playing the latest Medal of Honour. It doesn't matter if you play it anyway, you still got punched in the dick.

Oh god they fly and have ass lasers.

#4 Gemini.exe

Gemini.exe

Batteries not Included

• Scrimmer
  • 1716 posts

Posted October 27 2010 - 05:24 PM

Sounds like a nice idea, however it occurs to me that people who have yet to sign their birthdays, and future members are capable of changing their birthdays to an above 18 year old age, thus kinda making it so they can bypass the system.

#5 Chloe

Chloe

Fuck you, Nikon

• Scrimmer
  • 1099 posts

Posted October 27 2010 - 05:38 PM

You're on the honor system and I already know which of you are children.

Add me as a friend here!

#6 Pappy

Pappy

Disciple of Brodin may we all find Swolehalla

• Scrimmer
  • 1488 posts
  • Minecraft:PapaUmad
  • Scout, Pyro, Demoman, Medic

Posted October 27 2010 - 05:43 PM

This is great!

Thanks Scare and Chloe :D

www.twitter.com/brandonsoarespt

soaresbrandoncpt.wordpress.com

brandonsoarescpt.trainerize.com

#7 Gemini.exe

Gemini.exe

Batteries not Included

• Scrimmer
  • 1716 posts

Posted October 27 2010 - 06:15 PM

Question! If I feel like not putting my address in to the database as a whole, mainly do to my childer-isms >.>, am I still able to give you mine despite not being 18, directly by PM, if only for the Christmas Card thing? Or should the 18 year old limit be used for all means of personal information exchange?

#8 Chloe

Chloe

Fuck you, Nikon

• Scrimmer
  • 1099 posts

Posted October 27 2010 - 06:19 PM

Question! If I feel like not putting my address in to the database as a whole, mainly do to my childer-isms >.>, am I still able to give you mine despite not being 18, directly by PM, if only for the Christmas Card thing? Or should the 18 year old limit be used for all means of personal information exchange?

Franky I'm more comfortable with sticking with the 18 and above rule just for safety concerns.

Add me as a friend here!

#9 warbrain

warbrain

Big Poster

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted October 27 2010 - 07:11 PM

Thanks everyone.

I put myself in the database but do I need to share it with anyone or am I all set?
My trading thread: http://bit.ly/gjUn43 | Twitter | Tumblr

#10 Zuul

Zuul

Just stay alive.

• Members
  • 4276 posts

Posted October 27 2010 - 07:14 PM

Thanks everyone.

I put myself in the database but do I need to share it with anyone or am I all set?

Yeah, this.

If I put it in there, does everyone see it, or just people I picked?

Eh I'm cool either way.

I will be made a new creature, one bright day.

Posted Image

#11 warbrain

warbrain

Big Poster

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted October 27 2010 - 08:03 PM

Yeah, this.

If I put it in there, does everyone see it, or just people I picked?

Eh I'm cool either way.

I think you can share it with only the people you want but I'm wondering more as to how it relates to Chloe's awesomeness.
My trading thread: http://bit.ly/gjUn43 | Twitter | Tumblr

#12 Scare

Scare

S.P.E.C.T.R.E.

• Administrators
  • 2945 posts

Posted October 27 2010 - 08:29 PM

Yes, you need to share it with someone for them to see it. Addresses are need to know basis, and you designate who needs to know.
Posted Image

#13 Panda-Dog

Panda-Dog

The Real Legend

• Administrators
  • 1264 posts

Posted October 28 2010 - 07:50 AM

After talking with Chloe, I decided that I will also try my best to send Holiday cards (Granted your gonna get some tacky ones with pictures of strippers on it and whatnot)

So if you want a card please send me your address as well, I wont ask for anything in return but if you wanted to send me something you can :3
What?

#14 itch !

itch !

With energy, everything is 1 ! 2 ! 9 !

• Scrimmer
  • 1127 posts
  • Pyro

Posted October 28 2010 - 08:39 AM

Thanks Scare and Chloe! Great job you two~

My Youtube!

Axel picks up the brick of reality and beats itch to death with it

Colonel McManly: Gosh Itch
Colonel McManly: I leave for a half hour to go do chores
Colonel McManly: And I come back and I'm so happy because now I can relax and talk with my buddy
Colonel McManly: and then my buddy hates me u_u
Colonel McManly is now Offline.

sakurakil.png

#15 strangemodule

strangemodule

Ask me about Map Making!

• Scrimmer
  • 2975 posts

Posted October 28 2010 - 10:05 AM

Alright, I signed up. I don't know if I will be able to send anything, but I'll look into it when I have more time.
"Bonking through the gate is like attempted murder. It doesn't matter if you hit anyone, the point is that you still need to get kicked." - celestial_okami
Posted Image | Posted Image | Posted Image | Posted Image
Need any mapping help? Click here!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Click here for my backpack!

#16 Thaurian

Thaurian

Manual included

• Members
  • 1604 posts
  • Minecraft:Thaurian
  • Medic

Posted October 28 2010 - 11:08 AM

Interesting, very nice of you to send around cards - I'd sign but I'm all the way across the ocean in Europe so I won't bother anyone with shipping costs :p
Goddamn cat.
TF2 Backpack

#17 Madai

Madai

Earn crackers?

• Scrimmer
  • 6915 posts

Posted October 28 2010 - 11:12 AM

Interesting, very nice of you to send around cards - I'd sign but I'm all the way across the ocean in Europe so I won't bother anyone with shipping costs :P

ive put my name down, in case Uk people want to send stuff out to each other.

IlrVSW2.png

#18 Chloe

Chloe

Fuck you, Nikon

• Scrimmer
  • 1099 posts

Posted October 28 2010 - 11:16 AM

Interesting, very nice of you to send around cards - I'd sign but I'm all the way across the ocean in Europe so I won't bother anyone with shipping costs :P

I'm willing to send to European people so long as my money holds out. I have stamps to send to everyone within North America and i can at least see if I have the postage money to you guys outside of the US and Canada. It wouldn't hurt.

Add me as a friend here!

#19 Thaurian

Thaurian

Manual included

• Members
  • 1604 posts
  • Minecraft:Thaurian
  • Medic

Posted October 28 2010 - 11:19 AM

Well alright, I'll sign up - if it gets too costly just ignore me, I'd feel bad if it'd cost too much to ship to Europe then

Also means I can send Madai hate-mail for taunting me, hooray
Goddamn cat.
TF2 Backpack

#20 OrangeL

OrangeL

I edit every post I make

• Administrators
  • 2937 posts

Posted October 28 2010 - 04:28 PM

You must be over 18 to use the address exchange. We use your birthday in your profile to verify this. This is for your protection!

Well this is a disappointment.

Edited by OrangeL, October 28 2010 - 04:28 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users